DISCLOSURE: TheRuggedRooster.com is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
Painting at home might come with its challenges, especially when it comes to choosing the right paints.
Some people invest in mediocre brands and end up regretting them.
Before landing the below paints, I fell victim to the online rumours regarding the best-painted trim.
However, through research, I landed the best paints for your trim.
Therefore, I have crafted this blog to guide you on the best paints for trims, including their features, specifications, pros, and cons.
1. Benjamin Moore paints
Benjamin Moore is my best paint as it is user-friendly, especially when you have children at home.
Another advantage of this paint is that it is widely available in the local stores hence you can get it.
- The paint is ideal for both residential and commercial use due to its cost-effectiveness.
- It is also durable a resistant to various agents besides its fast drying property.
- It is easily spread on the surfaces.
- The only drawback you will find with this paint is that it is expensive compared to other paints.
- However, I will vouch for this paint if you look for something to take some years before considering repainting your trim and baseboards.
2. Dutch Boy paints
Dutch Boy is a good paint to use in a busy place, as it is resistant to abrasion.
I recommend this paint if you want to use it in exterior décor, especially when you have the kids in the home.
My kids enjoy scraping surfaces with pay objects.
Does it happen at your place?
I don’t think you will deny this if you have young and playful children at home children.
- You can also use the paint when you live in areas prone to weather agents, especially water and little flats, as water-resistant.
- They change their temperatures do not affect the viability of this professional paint.
- Look at its review, and you will be surprised how many homeowners enjoy using this Paint.
- Sometimes the children will want to touch the wet surfaces once distorting a few of the trims.
- However, you don’t need to worry when you invest in this paint as it has a faster try time with little spatter.
- However, you might need several coats before reaching the desired test.
- Also, the paint is expensive as compared to other paints in the market.
3. Behr paints
Behr is prime paint if you want to do minor paints at home. The paint has three major sheds in the market.
The company has endeavoured to offer high-quality products to its users, hence limited supply in the local store.
- The paint is worth a test, especially if you share a luxurious feel with me.
- Compared to Benjamin, this classical paint has the main hide besides its durability and is easy to spread on the surfaces.
- You will find the cons from this company because you cannot buy the paint in bulky and do commercial paints.
- However, it is worth buying when you need a luxurious look for your trims or boards.
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 30 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Gloss finish provides a fresh new look for surfaces, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
- Professional quality: 100% satisfaction guaranteed, trim paintbrush is premium; intended to be long lasting and easy to clean. Exceptional ability to get the job done quickly with a superior finish.
- Fit for comfort: Quality plastic handle brushes are lightweight and easy to hold. A comfort that lasts for long tedious jobs. Handle allows for the best quality control with exceptional results.
- Thick filaments: These synthetic filaments are designed to hold more paint to save you time and give you the finish you are looking for. Filaments are durable and long-lasting.
- Affordable: Don't waste your money on a brush that will last you an hour. These high-quality brushes are money savers. The value you get in these brushes is unbelievable for the price.
- Anyone can use it: It doesn't matter whether you are a professional or a beginner, this angle sash paintbrush is great for any user.
- Quality & Craftsmanship you can count on: 5/8", 3/4" and 1" Paint Trimmer Edger - Professional grade High performance brushes for precise trimming and an exceptional finish.
- Best Finishes, Start with Hyde: When Accuracy matters, use Richard Elegance Brushes. Excellent paint pick-up and release. Fast paint edger and trim brush for cutting-in around doors, windows corners and ceiling all tight areas.
- Value and Dependability first time, everytime: 3-Pack, 3-Sizes to complete your detail paint projects of varing sizes.
- Tool Performance and Innovation: Smooth - Soft grip handle allows for complete control, polyester bristles provide excellent coverage and smooth finish.
- Your trusted American tool company and Industry Standard-Bearers since 1875.
- Perfect for trim work, touch-ups, smaller paint and craft projects
- Built-in magnetic brush holder
- Ergonomic handle that lessens hand fatigue when painting
- Holds up to a pint of paint or stain
- Solvent resistant-works with any paint or stain
What Is The Best Paint For Trim?
Benjamin Moore is the best for painting trim despite its cost.
If you use these paints, you will be suppressed to have done savvy work without the participation of experts.
Last update on 2023-03-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API