Painting at home might come with its challenges, especially when it comes to choosing the right paints.
Some people invest in mediocre brands and end up regretting them.
Before landing the below paints, I fell victim to the online rumours regarding the best-painted trim.
However, through research, I landed the best paints for your trim.
Therefore, I have crafted this blog to guide you on the best paints for trims, including their features, specifications, pros, and cons.
1. Benjamin Moore paints
Benjamin Moore is my best paint as it is user-friendly, especially when you have children at home.
Another advantage of this paint is that it is widely available in the local stores hence you can get it.
- The paint is ideal for both residential and commercial use due to its cost-effectiveness.
- It is also durable a resistant to various agents besides its fast drying property.
- It is easily spread on the surfaces.
- The only drawback you will find with this paint is that it is expensive compared to other paints.
- However, I will vouch for this paint if you look for something to take some years before considering repainting your trim and baseboards.
2. Dutch Boy paints
Dutch Boy is a good paint to use in a busy place, as it is resistant to abrasion.
I recommend this paint if you want to use it in exterior décor, especially when you have the kids in the home.
My kids enjoy scraping surfaces with pay objects.
Does it happen at your place?
I don’t think you will deny this if you have young and playful children at home children.
- You can also use the paint when you live in areas prone to weather agents, especially water and little flats, as water-resistant.
- They change their temperatures do not affect the viability of this professional paint.
- Look at its review, and you will be surprised how many homeowners enjoy using this Paint.
- Sometimes the children will want to touch the wet surfaces once distorting a few of the trims.
- However, you don’t need to worry when you invest in this paint as it has a faster try time with little spatter.
- However, you might need several coats before reaching the desired test.
- Also, the paint is expensive as compared to other paints in the market.
3. Behr paints
Behr is prime paint if you want to do minor paints at home. The paint has three major sheds in the market.
The company has endeavoured to offer high-quality products to its users, hence limited supply in the local store.
- The paint is worth a test, especially if you share a luxurious feel with me.
- Compared to Benjamin, this classical paint has the main hide besides its durability and is easy to spread on the surfaces.
- You will find the cons from this company because you cannot buy the paint in bulky and do commercial paints.
- However, it is worth buying when you need a luxurious look for your trims or boards.
- Ideal for transforming old, outdated cabinets in kitchens, bathrooms, offices and more
- Quick-drying formula goes on smooth and provides exceptional flow and leveling
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes and covers up to 50 sq. ft. per quart
- Provides a durable semi-gloss finish in just one step
- Use two coats for ultimate scratch protection and stain resistance
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 120 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Semi-gloss finish provides a soft shine on surfaces, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
- Excellent adhesion and durability
- No primer required
- Matches OEM appearance
- Retains flexibility
- Great coverage
- Ideal for renewing the look of metal trim, moldings, rearview mirror covers, bumpers and rub strips
- Contains Stops Rust formula to prevent and treat corrosion to extend life of surfaces
- Dries to the touch in 20 minutes and covers between 10-15 sq. ft. per can
- Creates a matte finish that resists weathering and wear
- Features a comfort-tip spray nozzle with any angle spray technology
- Best-in-class appearance and sprayability
- True, jet-black color
- OEM recommended
- Sprays smooth for an OEM-like finish
- Adhesion to steel, aluminum, TPO and PP
What Is The Best Paint For Trim?
Benjamin Moore is the best for painting trim despite its cost.
If you use these paints, you will be suppressed to have done savvy work without the participation of experts.
Last update on 2023-08-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API