Grease guns are very handy when it comes to lubricating machine or tool parts for your DIY projects.
Luckily a lot of these guns are versatile and can be used for many different things sometimes even glueing for smaller DIY or arts & crafts projects.
If you are going to be gluing or greasing things on a daily basis, then using these guns will increase the efficiency of your task.
So what exactly is the best grease gun for you? Well, if you want answers to that questions and a whole lot more, then keep reading.
I have compiled a list of 5 of the best grease guns that you can get on the market. I also have a buyer’s guide that will help you to decide what the best grease guns will be for your needs.
Best Mini 3oz Grease Gun
OUR TOP PICK
First up, we have a great grease gun that comes with a needle nozzle that will help you to inject hot glue or grease into the tightest holes.
This gun is very easy to use and comes in an affordable design, so you can be sure that it will be easy to use even for beginners - introducing the Astro Pneumatic Tool 101 Mini Grease Gun.
- Very simple - coming with a squeeze-trigger mechanism that you can be sure will provide you with plenty of lubrication or glue.
- Number one gun for repairing items - if you have a crack in the chassis of your car or you have a treasured piece of furniture that needs repairing, then we would certainly recommend this one.
- Comes with plenty of lubricant in a single barrel - if you are looking for a gun that doesn’t require constant refilling, then we would recommend this gun.
- Can hold upwards of 3oz of lubricant at any one time - if you have a big job outdoors where lots of grease or glue isn’t available, take this gun with you.
- No hole in the nozzle - a major design flaw.
This next gun is one of the most popular on the market, giving you everything that you’ll need for a solid greasing job.
We would certainly recommend that you pick this one if you fancy a shorter nozzle that will give you greater accuracy over your gluing job - introducing the Dualco Grease Gun with Short Nozzle.
There are many glue guns out there, but none of them come with as much of a sturdier metal body as this one.
This makes it one of the most durable guns, allowing you plenty of durability and reliability.
Often these guns will be kept in workshops, where the likelihood of damage will be high.
- With a metal body - makes it one of the most durable nozzles that you can find on the market.
- With a smooth trigger that will not clog or rust - although you will need to make sure that it is well lubricated.
- Consistency - reliable and will last you for years of use if you maintain it properly. A lot of users have commented on the consistency of their guns.
- With a much shorter nozzle - you won’t have to worry about it missing the target or decreasing the accuracy.
- Expensive - one of the most expensive that you can get on the market, not a great option for anyone who is looking to save a few pennies on their toolkit.
If you are looking for a gun that will help you grease some of the rusted parts of your car, then we would certainly recommend that you pick up this one.
This gun is extremely small, making it easier to store in the trunk of your car or in your toolkit.
This can is very easy to use, coming with a smooth trigger - introducing the Horusy Mini Pistol Grip Grease Gun.
This can deliver a pressure of up to 2900 PSI, so you won’t have to worry about it delivering a high-pressure load into whatever crack or gap that you need to be filled.
This comes with a nylon hose that you can use to inject in whatever hole that you fancy.
- Plenty of detailed parts - perfect to use in your garage or workshop, coming with plenty of detailed parts that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a decent repair job.
- Handy - if you are looking to grease some car door hinges or the wheels underneath, then this is a great grease gun to use.
- Great pistol grip - allows you to inject a steady stream of fluid into whatever crack or fissure that appears on your car.
- Comes with nozzle - comes with some great accessories, such as a nozzle that you can use to pump glue into a very deep crack.
- Not the most durable construction - if you are going to be using it regularly, then you might find it breaking.
This next grease gun is an amazing model from Lumax, with a quality product that you can be sure will help seal the deepest of cracks and the hardest of holes.
This device is extremely lightweight and will be easy to carry around in your toolbox, making it great for small business owners - introducing the Lumax LX-1152 Black Heavy Duty Deluxe Pistol Grease Gun.
This gun is one of the best for use in tight spaces, so if you find yourself having trouble filling in a tight hole, then this is the right nozzle for you.
The best aspect of this gun is the narrowness of the nozzle and the power of the trigger. You should be sure that it will give you enough power to pump as much grease as you like.
- Easy refill cartridge - perfect for anyone who is not that confident with their DIY skills.
- Very lightweight - you can be sure to keep it in your toolbox and not have to worry about it weighing heavy in your toolkit.
- Solid design - comes with a very solid design that you can be sure won’t succumb to crushing or trampling.
- Efficient - you won’t have to worry about it letting you down when it comes to repairs and greasing.
- Not for deep holes - does not come with a flexible hose, so it might be difficult for you to reach some of the deeper and narrower crevices.
This next gun comes with a few different options, allowing you to use the nozzle or the flexible hose that you can use to get into really tight spaces.
This glue gun comes with a trigger that you can use to inject plenty of resin or epoxy into even the tightest of spaces - introducing the Lubrimatic plews & Edelmann Pistol Style Mini Grease Gun.
This gun comes with a needle nozzle, so if you want to seal up a hairline crack in your vase, then we would recommend that you get this nozzle for your needs.
This nozzle is very durable and will not succumb to any bending. You can be sure that this one will have the best adaptability, customizable for many jobs.
- Comes with a needle nozzle - you won’t have to worry about not being able to fill those tighter gaps.
- Compact model of gun - if you are already carrying lots of tools, then this one could be perfect for lightening the load.
- Versatile model - you can repair any issue with your car or apply a sealant to a leaky roof.
- For industrial workplace - this can be used in an industrial setting and plenty of people who work in heavy industry have boasted about the hardy qualities of this gun.
- Not user-friendly - this does take a few attempts to squeeze the air out of the end of the nozzle, so if you want something that is easy to work with, you might want to consider another model.
This next nozzle is one that comes with a sturdy stainless steel casing that you can be sure will be able to withstand many hard knocks and repeated uses.
We would certainly recommend that you use this grease gun if you are going to be working outdoors a lot in rainy conditions - introducing the Workforce Mini Grease Gun.
- Great cartridge capacity - comes with a 3-inch cartridge capacity, which is perfect if you want more glue and grease for your needs.
- Made from die-cast material - it will be perfect for operating in colder weather.
- Budget-friendly - one of the cheaper models that you can find on the market, giving you everything that you need if you want to save money on your budget.
- Releases a consistent amount of grease - perfect if you need to fill up a crack in your car frame.
- Not one of the most durable grease guns - if you want something that will last you for years, then maybe try another model.
Next up, we have a gun that is very durable and will last you for years if taken care of properly.
Not only does this have plunger balloon technology that will be easier to use, but it will also come with plenty of lubricating greases that will allow you to complete all the important jobs - introducing the Slippery Pete Mini Pistol Grip Grease Gun.
- Very durable construction - this is very important if you are thinking of using your gun for years to come.
- Large capacity - around 3ozs capacity, this will be perfect if you want to complete large jobs in a single session.
- Portable - this is very small, so it will really lighten the load and not cause you any injury if you are carrying it for long periods.
- User-friendly - this gun is very easy to use, so if you are finding it difficult to operate the heavier models, then switch it out for this one.
- Not efficient on maximum capacity - if you load this up to the maximum capacity, then you might find it gets too lubricated and very hard to operate.
If you are going to buy your own grease gun, then you’ll need certain features that will complement whatever job that you are doing.
You’ll need to make sure that your gun is functional and that it doesn’t break down after months of use. Here are a few things that you’ll need to be looking for:
How Well Does It Operate?
Most of these guns have a trigger for ease of operation, helping you to disperse your glue or grease thickly and evenly across any surface. You’ll need to make sure that it is easy to squeeze and will not be prone to blockages or rusting.
It is very important that you keep your trigger lubricated, as this will be the main cause of sticking. Some of these guns have a built-in safety mechanism that will stop your trigger from getting blocked with glue or resin.
How Durable Is It?
A lot of these glue guns are made from stainless steel, which will be great for reducing the amount of rust that will build up on the sides. Plastic components are good for resisting rust, so you might want to get a glue gun that will contain elements of both.
Glue guns, on average, only last you the best part of a year, but if you take care of them properly, taking the time to remove all the excess gunk from the nozzle and the trigger, then you could extend the lifespan of your grease gun by a few more months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Easy Can You Load Up A Grease Gun?
You can have three different options when it comes to loading your gun: bulking, suction and cartridge. Bulking is one of the easiest methods to load your gun, with a click-in method that you can be certain will give you everything you need for a decent application.
How Do You Use A Grease Gun?
You’ll have to make sure that you have assembled all of the components properly before you load it up with your cartridge and squeeze the trigger. Check the manual to see how you can remove the old cartridge and replace it with the new one.
When you are loading the cartridge, you can expect the device to air bubbles. You’ll need to bleed off all the air first. You can do this by operating the bleeding trigger, which will help you to access the grease or the glue inside a lot easier.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of grease guns has helped you determine what the best ones are for your needs. Remember that you’ll need to know exactly what kind of repair or gluing job that you’ll be doing before you commit to your glue gun.
Last update on 2023-09-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API