To achieve an exquisite look to your home, pay attention to the finishing, such as the baseboard.
Therefore, you have to be cautious of the material you pick for the baseboard moulding.
Note that the room’s location and the foot traffic are among the determining factors of the material you should select.
Here are the best baseboard materials that you can consider for your home improvement.
1. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
If you are working on a tight budget, MDF is the best material to work with (see if MDF can be used on baseboards here).
First, you don’t have to worry about using an undercoat as it is coated with a paint primer.
Therefore, the only expenses you will incur are the installation and painting costs.
A home improvement project can be tiresome, and you do not want to carry heavy materials around.
Medium Density Fiberboard is, therefore, the best material as it is light.
- It has a soft texture
- It is lightweight
- It is affordable
- It is pre-primed, hence ready to use after installation
- It is easy to work with
- It comes in various sizes to fit different profiles.
- It can warp when exposed to water
- It has an unappealing look when stained
When planning for a home improvement project, one of the tops factors is the budget aspect.
Medium Density Fiberboard works well with tight financing, and you can get a size to suit a style you have settled for.
The good thing about wood is there are several options to choose from, including oak, pine, maple and poplar.
With this said, the prices of the wood vary.
Therefore, if you want to buy high-end wood, you have to go to selected wood and lumber specialists and spend more.
To avoid any inconsistencies, ensure to inspect the wood before purchasing.
- It has a smooth texture
- It has tough
- It can be painted or stained
- It is durable
- Prone to irregularities such as knots and twists
Wood is one of the best baseboard materials to consider as it has enduring elements and can last longer.
You can also paint it to fit the aesthetics of your home and nail the baseboard to your specifications.
This is a type of baseboard plastic material. It is also the best option if you are working on a low budget, as you can get one that resembles wood.
To ensure that the PVC is appropriately installed, an additional installation of fasteners is required.
- It is hard
- It is dense
- It is durable
- It is water-resistant
- It is paintable
- When damaged, it requires replacement as it is hard to repair
PVC has qualified to my list as one of the best materials to give you a wooden look.
Therefore, this works perfectly for a tight budget.
- TOILET BOWL CLEANER: Clean and disinfect with Clorox ToiletWand refills that kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses while leaving your toilet sparkling clean
- DISPOSABLE SPONGES: These toilet scrub pad refill heads click onto the ToiletWand to swish, scrub and clean the toilet bowl and conveniently pop off to throw in the trash.Keep off of clothing
- DISINFECTING CLEANER: Preloaded with Clorox cleaner, these disposable scrubbing pads deep clean and remove stains while eliminating germs to make your toilet bowl feel like new
- BATHROOM CLEANING PRODUCTS: These ToiletWand refills with Clorox cleaner are the perfect addition to your cleaning supplies – this all-in-1 bathroom household cleaner eliminates the need to carry around a bottle of cleaner and germ-ridden toilet brush
- TOILET SCRUBBER: The hexagon shaped sponge heads clean in hard to reach places under the bowl rim and drain for a deeper and faster clean to remove rust, calcium and lime stains
- ULTRA SOFT MATERIAL & SCRATCH FREE - Ultra soft and highly absorbent microfiber cleaning cloths, great for cleaning windows, kitchenware, car or other delicate surfaces.
- ABSORBENT & LINT FREE - Made of 85% Polyester, 15% Nylon. These non-abrasive cleaning rags can soak up water from the countertop and tables instantly and without lint or streaks left behind. Clean with or without water, from worktops, appliances to kitchens, bathrooms, mirrors etc, they will make your house sparkling.
- TACKLE VERSATILE CLEANING JOBS - These premium microfiber towels are also perfect dish rags which don't smell, removes grease and particles from microwave oven, plates, pots or pans effortlessly. Not only that, you will be amazed they are also terrific duster that removes fingertips from silverware and glasses easily and leaves your kitchen spotless.
- REUSABLE & LONG LASTING - These microfiber towels feature high quality stitching with reinforced edges, they are durable and made to last hundreds of washings. They are lightweight, super absorbent and dry quickly, use them everyday to enjoy your cleaning.
- MR.SIGA's mission: Make your housework easier, and make the world cleaner. Should you have any questions about the product or after-sale service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for support and advice!
- Perfect Father's Day Gift Idea: Give your dad a father's day gift to remember! At Majestic Pure we strive to offer items that also make a great and unique gift! Give that special person in your life a father's day to remember.
- Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub - Himalayan salt is known for its impressive nutrient profile, which includes high trace amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper & iron. These nutrients help detoxify skin by balancing pH levels in the body. The pink salt crystals act as a pore-minimizer to restore smooth, soft skin; Himalayan Salt color can vary from light to dark pink color hence the scrub color may vary.
- Detoxification + Hydration - Salt Body Scrub Exfoliate for Body removes dead cells, toxins, dirt, pollution, and from pores. Scrubbing with sea salt scrub also assists in rejuvenation of skin; leaving not only your skin revived but also refreshing your whole Mind, Body, and Spirit
- Skin Blemish Solution - Our unique blend of ingredients can help to reduce the appearance of Acne, Blackheads, Cellulite, Stretch Marks, Scars, and Excess Oil. A pore-minimizer and hydrating solution to leave your skin feeling smoother, softer, and firmer. Great leg exfoliator for strawberry legs.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA - At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
- Anti-Fatigue Technology: A comfort system designed with shock-absorbing, geometrical technology that returns energy back to the foot to deliver all-day support and comfort.
- Alloy Safety Toe: Lightweight, asymmetrical-shaped toe cap. Meets US and Canadian safety standards including ASTM F2412-18a and ASTM F2413-18 I and C impact and compression safety standards and CAN/CSA-Z195-14 Grade 1.
- Electrical Hazard Protection: Provides secondary underfoot protection against live electrical circuits, electrically energized conductors, parts or apparatus. Meets ASTM F2412-18a, ASTM F2413-18, ASTM F2892-18 and CAN/CSA-Z195-14 standards.
- Polyurethane Outsole: Lightweight and rugged outsoles provide cushioning, plus slip, oil and abrasion resistance.
- ReBOTL Material: Products with ReBOTL material contain at least 50% recycled PET (recycled polyethylene terephthalate, the stuff plastic bottles are made of) excepting trace materials.
- Enhanced Protection: Work shoes with ASTM steel toe cap and bulletproof puncture-proof Kevlar midsole protect your feet from falling, rolling, sharp objects.
- Inner material: Soft and comfortable; safety shoes with strong ability to absorb sweat, even if you work in summer;
- Rubber Sole: Slip-resitant & Durable; Work shoes used rubber thick outsole just to prevent falling during work and provides excellent shock absorption.
- Indestructible: If you wear SUADEX shoes, the feet are safety, invincible and feels very comfort. Our Indestructible steel toe shoes are as casual shoes or sports shoes.
- Applicable workplace: SUADEX steel toe shoes idea for those working on power industry, construction, auto-manufacturing, machine, roofing and warehouse. Also it can be used in daily life or as casual atheletic shoes.
So, What’s The Best Material For Baseboards?
As seen above, the best materials for your baseboard moulding project include;
- Medium Density Fiberboard- It is budget-friendly
- Wood- Can be painted to the desired colour
- PVC- Has various looks
My recommendation? The most baseboard material to go for is the Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).
Apart from being cost-effective, you will have an easy time during your project as the material is lightweight.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API