To achieve an exquisite look to your home, pay attention to the finishing, such as the baseboard.
Therefore, you have to be cautious of the material you pick for the baseboard moulding.
Note that the room’s location and the foot traffic are among the determining factors of the material you should select.
Here are the best baseboard materials that you can consider for your home improvement.
1. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
If you are working on a tight budget, MDF is the best material to work with (see if MDF can be used on baseboards here).
First, you don’t have to worry about using an undercoat as it is coated with a paint primer.
Therefore, the only expenses you will incur are the installation and painting costs.
A home improvement project can be tiresome, and you do not want to carry heavy materials around.
Medium Density Fiberboard is, therefore, the best material as it is light.
- It has a soft texture
- It is lightweight
- It is affordable
- It is pre-primed, hence ready to use after installation
- It is easy to work with
- It comes in various sizes to fit different profiles.
- It can warp when exposed to water
- It has an unappealing look when stained
When planning for a home improvement project, one of the tops factors is the budget aspect.
Medium Density Fiberboard works well with tight financing, and you can get a size to suit a style you have settled for.
The good thing about wood is there are several options to choose from, including oak, pine, maple and poplar.
With this said, the prices of the wood vary.
Therefore, if you want to buy high-end wood, you have to go to selected wood and lumber specialists and spend more.
To avoid any inconsistencies, ensure to inspect the wood before purchasing.
- It has a smooth texture
- It has tough
- It can be painted or stained
- It is durable
- Prone to irregularities such as knots and twists
Wood is one of the best baseboard materials to consider as it has enduring elements and can last longer.
You can also paint it to fit the aesthetics of your home and nail the baseboard to your specifications.
This is a type of baseboard plastic material. It is also the best option if you are working on a low budget, as you can get one that resembles wood.
To ensure that the PVC is appropriately installed, an additional installation of fasteners is required.
- It is hard
- It is dense
- It is durable
- It is water-resistant
- It is paintable
- When damaged, it requires replacement as it is hard to repair
PVC has qualified to my list as one of the best materials to give you a wooden look.
Therefore, this works perfectly for a tight budget.
- 📏 【WIDER, SO COPY SHAPES MORE PRECISELY】Lambor Studios contour gauge is wider than other brands, so it can easily copy any shape, creates an instant template for curved and odd-shaped profiles simply and easily. LAMBOR STUDIOS contour gauge duplicator can be used to locate profiles or edges and accurately transfer to the material to be cut. For any kind of work needs the contour duplication. In woodworking, auto body, auto metal sheet, stainless steel or any job of contour duplication.
- 📏 【SAVE TIME & ENERGY】LAMBOR STUDIOS master outline gauge is a good helper for the carpenter.It can duplicate any shape instantly. No need to transfer profiles to paper or cardboard again to save your time. Record the cross-sectional shape of a surface with this 10-inch widen gauge. Simply press the contour gauge onto a shape. Copy the profile and cut to shape.This contour duplication gauge eliminates the guessing of dimensions of irregular shapes.
- 📏【HIGH QUALITY & BOTH INCH AND CENTIMETER MEASUREMENTS】LAMBOR STUDIOS contour gauge is made of high-quality ABS plastic, high strength, rustproof and durable, no rust plastic conforms to shape and holds pattern. Designed with 10 inch/25 cm multi-functional contour profile gauge markings with both inch and centimeter graduations are on the tough and durable plastic body of the contour gauge. Both sides size mark is available.
- 📏 【MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION】LAMBOR STUDIOS 10 inch widen contour gauge is designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts, and many objects. Designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts and many objects, Ideal for fitting tiles, laminate, carpet, checking dimensions, molding, etc. LAMBOR STUDIOS duplicate contour gauge could be a useful tool for operations on car bodies, carpentry and all kinds of modeling.
- 📏【LIFETIME WORRY-FREE WARRANTY】Lambor Studios offers 24-hour friendly customer service, 90-DAY 100% Money-Back Guarantee and Lifetime Worry-free Warranty. If you have any questions about the Lambor Stuios contour gague, please feel free to contact us.
- ★COUPLE SIZE!★ Taller and wider bucket plus more molding & casting materials than other 2 person kits! ★ CAST HANDS: 2 Adult hands; 2 Adults + 1 small child; One X-large adult hand; or 2-4 Young Children. See the Luna Bean -XL- kit for larger than average couples hands or 3+ people.
- ♥ PRESERVE EVERY PRECIOUS DETAIL!♥ The unique rubbery cast captures every fine line and fingerprint for a perfect one of a kind treasured gift. The Step 1 alginate molding material is Luna Bean's highest quality custom "Create-A-Cast" molding gel formula. It has more working time, forms a stronger cast, provides better detail, and has bolder color changing properties than other craft brands.
- ★ A FUN and MEMORABLE ★ gift activity for family, couple holding hands, and friends to create a PRICELESS memory. This heart felt gift is great for an anniversary, engagement, birthday, valentine's day, mom, dad, grandparents, friends, or cement a friendship craft gift.
- ✔ DO-IT-YOURSELF ✔ Hand Casting Kit - Finish with all purpose sealant, acrylic pearl paints, just a craft glue & water mix (not included) or leave natural. 100% SATISFACTION KEEPSAKE GUARANTEE - If your casting does not turn out, send us a photo and we will work with you on a solution [if sold by Luna Bean Casting].
- ★BEST SELLING CASTING KIT★ Kit Contents INCLUDED: Plastic molding bucket (7.5" x 7.65"), 1.5lb Step 1 molding powder, 2.75lb Step 2 casting stone, fine sandpaper, coarse sandpaper, demolding stick, detailing pin, and detailed instructions in English and Spanish (online). Full length INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO available.
- BASEBOARD BUDDY– As Seen On Tv Baseboard Cleaner Tool – The fast and easy way to clean your baseboards and moldings
- SAVE YOUR BACK AND KNEES! – Your knees, shoulders, and back will thank you! Lightweight and adjustable. Use the extension handle to clean hard to reach places. The heavy duty lightweight aluminum handle extends up to 4 feet to accommodate various heights. The lightweight design and plastic head allow you to clean your baseboards and moldings with ease.
- SIMPLY WALK & GLIDE! – Flexible Head Design conforms to any baseboard or door molding, 360-degree SWIVEL action lets you clean from any angle.
- WET OR DRY – Baseboard Buddy can be used wet or dry! The textured fibers TRAP & Lock dirt! The microfiber pads can tackle just about any surface they can reach, from chair rails, banisters, fireplace mantles, and much more.
- INCLUDES – 1 Baseboard Buddy and 3 Reuseable Baseboard Buddy Pads
- Convection heats the room rapidly, without uneven hot and cold zones, providing comfort from floor to ceiling.
- Wire up and connect this baseboard quickly and easily with its large wiring compartment, dual knockouts and built-in cable clamp.
- For worry-free warmth, the unit's overheat protection feature prevents the heater from running when its air intake is blocked.
- This baseboard heater installs unobtrusively in bedrooms, bathrooms, living rooms and dens, thanks to its low-profile design.
- This baseboard model is UL listed to provide safe heating even when mounted flush to the wall or directly on flooring, tile or carpet.
- Mechanical operation, non-programmable thermostat
- Bi-Metal Temperature Sensor
- 120 - 240 volt, 4 wire. Easy to install and use.Compatible with baseboards. Can control up to 5,280 Watts.
- Positive off
- Easy to install
So, What’s The Best Material For Baseboards?
As seen above, the best materials for your baseboard moulding project include;
- Medium Density Fiberboard- It is budget-friendly
- Wood- Can be painted to the desired colour
- PVC- Has various looks
My recommendation? The most baseboard material to go for is the Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).
Apart from being cost-effective, you will have an easy time during your project as the material is lightweight.
Last update on 2021-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API