To achieve an exquisite look to your home, pay attention to the finishing, such as the baseboard.
Therefore, you have to be cautious of the material you pick for the baseboard moulding.
Note that the room’s location and the foot traffic are among the determining factors of the material you should select.
Here are the best baseboard materials that you can consider for your home improvement.
1. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
If you are working on a tight budget, MDF is the best material to work with (see if MDF can be used on baseboards here).
First, you don’t have to worry about using an undercoat as it is coated with a paint primer.
Therefore, the only expenses you will incur are the installation and painting costs.
A home improvement project can be tiresome, and you do not want to carry heavy materials around.
Medium Density Fiberboard is, therefore, the best material as it is light.
- It has a soft texture
- It is lightweight
- It is affordable
- It is pre-primed, hence ready to use after installation
- It is easy to work with
- It comes in various sizes to fit different profiles.
- It can warp when exposed to water
- It has an unappealing look when stained
When planning for a home improvement project, one of the tops factors is the budget aspect.
Medium Density Fiberboard works well with tight financing, and you can get a size to suit a style you have settled for.
The good thing about wood is there are several options to choose from, including oak, pine, maple and poplar.
With this said, the prices of the wood vary.
Therefore, if you want to buy high-end wood, you have to go to selected wood and lumber specialists and spend more.
To avoid any inconsistencies, ensure to inspect the wood before purchasing.
- It has a smooth texture
- It has tough
- It can be painted or stained
- It is durable
- Prone to irregularities such as knots and twists
Wood is one of the best baseboard materials to consider as it has enduring elements and can last longer.
You can also paint it to fit the aesthetics of your home and nail the baseboard to your specifications.
This is a type of baseboard plastic material. It is also the best option if you are working on a low budget, as you can get one that resembles wood.
To ensure that the PVC is appropriately installed, an additional installation of fasteners is required.
- It is hard
- It is dense
- It is durable
- It is water-resistant
- It is paintable
- When damaged, it requires replacement as it is hard to repair
PVC has qualified to my list as one of the best materials to give you a wooden look.
Therefore, this works perfectly for a tight budget.
- Unfinished Wooden Baseboard Radiator Covers
- Choose size and Material
- Absolutely Unfinished KIT for DIY, Use your own Nails or screws to assemble it -or choose shipped assembled
- Final Sale , made to your size and CANNOT be returned or cancelled after 24 hours
- Product is Unfinished.
- Price Per Molding: $26.99, Length: 96" Height: 4-3/4" Width: 1/2"
- CROWN MOLDING is manufactured with a dense architectural polyurethane compound (not Styrofoam). Polyurethane is durable and 100% waterproof. The material can be sanded to shape just like wood. with BASEBOARD
- A MAJOR ADVANTAGE of polyurethane is that it is safe to install in rooms with the presence of moisture like bathrooms and kitchens.
- INSTALLATION is simplified with the use of modern adhesives. Small finish nails are used to secure the molding while the adhesives set. See below for installation instructions.
- THIS MOLDING is delivered pre-primed for most paints. Always test your paint on a small section to make sure there are no compatibility issues with the paint and primer. Most home latex paints work great on our molding.
- 📏 【WIDER, SO COPY SHAPES MORE PRECISELY】Lambor Studios contour gauge is wider than other brands, so it can easily copy any shape, creates an instant template for curved and odd-shaped profiles simply and easily. LAMBOR STUDIOS contour gauge duplicator can be used to locate profiles or edges and accurately transfer to the material to be cut. For any kind of work needs the contour duplication. In woodworking, auto body, auto metal sheet, stainless steel or any job of contour duplication.
- 📏 【SAVE TIME & ENERGY】LAMBOR STUDIOS master outline gauge is a good helper for the carpenter.It can duplicate any shape instantly. No need to transfer profiles to paper or cardboard again to save your time. Record the cross-sectional shape of a surface with this 10-inch widen gauge. Simply press the contour gauge onto a shape. Copy the profile and cut to shape.This contour duplication gauge eliminates the guessing of dimensions of irregular shapes.
- 📏【HIGH QUALITY & BOTH INCH AND CENTIMETER MEASUREMENTS】LAMBOR STUDIOS contour gauge is made of high-quality ABS plastic, high strength, rustproof and durable, no rust plastic conforms to shape and holds pattern. Designed with 10 inch/25 cm multi-functional contour profile gauge markings with both inch and centimeter graduations are on the tough and durable plastic body of the contour gauge. Both sides size mark is available.
- 📏 【MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION】LAMBOR STUDIOS 10 inch widen contour gauge is designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts, and many objects. Designed for winding pipes, circular frames, ducts and many objects, Ideal for fitting tiles, laminate, carpet, checking dimensions, molding, etc. LAMBOR STUDIOS duplicate contour gauge could be a useful tool for operations on car bodies, carpentry and all kinds of modeling.
- 📏【LIFETIME WORRY-FREE WARRANTY】Lambor Studios offers 24-hour friendly customer service, 90-DAY 100% Money-Back Guarantee and Lifetime Worry-free Warranty. If you have any questions about the Lambor Stuios contour gague, please feel free to contact us.
- SAFE FROM RAIN & STAINS: Garde will make sure that your handbag and shoes are safe if you get caught in the rain. By forming an invisible protective layer, Garde keeps your products free from water spots, salt stains, body oil, grease, perspiration, coffee, wine, and any other dangers to your leather goods.
- WON’T AFFECT APPEARANCE: Apple Brand Garde will not alter the color or shade of your products, or leave any sticky or gummy residues. Our products are trusted by some of the biggest names in fashion and are recommended time and time again for their gentle yet effective care on leathers and fabrics.
- USE ON ALL YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS: Great for handbags, purses, heels, flats, shoes, boots, wallets, belts, furniture, car interiors, and more!
- MADE IN USA - SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We are proud to keep all of our manufacturing and customer service in the USA and stand behind all of our products 100%. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your order please let us know and we will be sure to make it right!
- ❤️EASY TO USE - Baseboard cleaner tool with handle by KNUVSA [ In Stock Us] helps you clean your skirting board without having to squat or scrub dirt and dirt. Adjustable handles, you can adjust freely as needed. The fast and easy way to clean your baseboards and moldings.
- ❤️EASY TO CLEAN - Microfiber cleaning pad is easy to clean and can be used multiple times. Versatile - You can choose to use it dry or wet as needed. Flexible Head Design conforms to any baseboard or door molding, 360-degree SWIVEL action lets you clean from any angle.
- ❤️EASY TO STORE - the bottom panel is foldable and decomposable, easy to carry, and easy to store. Portable and flexible - allows you to clean skirting boards, door molds, and other surfaces from any angle.
- ❤️PRODUCT SIZE - Tube length 30CM | 11.8'', Maximum length: 135CM | 53.1'', pipe diameter: 2CM | 0.8'', Material: aluminum + plastic + microfiber mat, Including 5 Packs of Microfiber Replacement Pads,Color: as shown.
- ❤️USE PLACE - The microfiber pads can tackle just about any surface they can reach, from chair rails, banisters, fireplace mantles, and much more.
So, What’s The Best Material For Baseboards?
As seen above, the best materials for your baseboard moulding project include;
- Medium Density Fiberboard- It is budget-friendly
- Wood- Can be painted to the desired colour
- PVC- Has various looks
My recommendation? The most baseboard material to go for is the Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).
Apart from being cost-effective, you will have an easy time during your project as the material is lightweight.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API