To achieve an exquisite look to your home, pay attention to the finishing, such as the baseboard.
Therefore, you have to be cautious of the material you pick for the baseboard moulding.
Note that the room’s location and the foot traffic are among the determining factors of the material you should select.
Here are the best baseboard materials that you can consider for your home improvement.
1. Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF)
If you are working on a tight budget, MDF is the best material to work with (see if MDF can be used on baseboards here).
First, you don’t have to worry about using an undercoat as it is coated with a paint primer.
Therefore, the only expenses you will incur are the installation and painting costs.
A home improvement project can be tiresome, and you do not want to carry heavy materials around.
Medium Density Fiberboard is, therefore, the best material as it is light.
- It has a soft texture
- It is lightweight
- It is affordable
- It is pre-primed, hence ready to use after installation
- It is easy to work with
- It comes in various sizes to fit different profiles.
- It can warp when exposed to water
- It has an unappealing look when stained
When planning for a home improvement project, one of the tops factors is the budget aspect.
Medium Density Fiberboard works well with tight financing, and you can get a size to suit a style you have settled for.
The good thing about wood is there are several options to choose from, including oak, pine, maple and poplar.
With this said, the prices of the wood vary.
Therefore, if you want to buy high-end wood, you have to go to selected wood and lumber specialists and spend more.
To avoid any inconsistencies, ensure to inspect the wood before purchasing.
- It has a smooth texture
- It has tough
- It can be painted or stained
- It is durable
- Prone to irregularities such as knots and twists
Wood is one of the best baseboard materials to consider as it has enduring elements and can last longer.
You can also paint it to fit the aesthetics of your home and nail the baseboard to your specifications.
This is a type of baseboard plastic material. It is also the best option if you are working on a low budget, as you can get one that resembles wood.
To ensure that the PVC is appropriately installed, an additional installation of fasteners is required.
- It is hard
- It is dense
- It is durable
- It is water-resistant
- It is paintable
- When damaged, it requires replacement as it is hard to repair
PVC has qualified to my list as one of the best materials to give you a wooden look.
Therefore, this works perfectly for a tight budget.
- Premium Material: made of high quality vinyl material, the self adhesive vinyl wall base with simple design is flexible and durable. 20ft long, 4in wide and 1/12in thick, proper size is perfect for most interiors.
- Self-adhesive Design: this flexible peel and stick vinyl baseboard with a strong adhesive backing is very convenient to complete the installation. Note: If the temperature is below 68℉, please use a hair dryer to heat the adhesive before sticking it to the wall.
- Quick Installation: easy to use without screws or drilling required. Measure and cut to the desired length, peel off the backing tape of the self adhesive vinyl baseboard and stick it to a smooth surface after wiping, firmly press with roller tool back and forth to achieve the flatness effect and secure grasp after installation.
- Widely Used: this vinyl wall base self adhesive is widely used as decoration and wall base protection in your living room, bedroom, kitchen, hallway, garage, and also can be applied to office, meeting room, school.
- Decorative Baseboard Trim: color in white, black and gray, with its simple design and multi color options, this adhesive back vinyl wall base has a decorative feature while helping to protect the base of wall and floor.
- 【EASY TO USE & QUICK INSTALL】The extremely simple setup will assist in significant cost savings; No screws or drilling needed; Quick installation in minutes; Measure the vinyl baseboard, cut to the required length, remove the adhesive backing, and adhere it to a smooth surface; Use the scraper to firmly secure it to the wall by applying pressure back and forth; Prior to installation, ensure the adherend surface is clean; If there is any grease or dust, adhesion may be compromised
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】The material used is both waterproof and resistant to oil; In case of accidental spills of water or oil on the baseboard, simply wipe it clean with a cloth; This convenient feature facilitates easy daily cleaning and maintenance
- 【VERSATILE AND MULTIPURPOSE】The Vinyl floor base adheres to nearly all smooth surfaces, including tiles, plastic, glass, wood, and even smooth walls; This versatile product excels at handling diverse scenarios, particularly uneven floors or irregular walls that cannot be addressed using conventional methods; Ideal for covering gaps between the floor and the wall, making it suitable for various spaces like garages, bedrooms, kitchens, offices, house renovations, etc
- 【WET AND DRY SEPARATION】 The Water dam erects a barrier to keep water from spilling out of your sink, keeping the bathroom & kitchen floor dry and safe
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: The Flexible Baseboard Molding Trim is Made of high quality vinyl material. Size. 0.08" (thickness) x 4" (width) x 30 feet (length) Color: White. Adhesive on the back, can be installed quickly after tearing off the red film. Simple and durable, will not be deformed after long-term use. The surface layer has a special process, wear-resistant, can prevent pets from scratching.
- SELF-ADHESIVE DESIGN: Each roll of the backing has a self-adhesive design, you do not need to buy additional glue. This glue has very strong adhesion and can stick to most smooth surfaces (the glue will not remain on the wall after removal). And it's so easy to use that you only need to peel off the red film on the back to install it. This will make the installation extra easy.
- QUICK INSTALLATION : Thanks to the self-adhesive design, everything is easy to install. No screws are needed and no holes need to be drilled. Before installation, you need to clean the wall surface, then cut the length of wall base you need and peel off the red film on the back for installation. Finally, press its surface repeatedly to make it stick to the wall completely.
- WIDELY APPLICABLE: Peel and Stick Vinyl Wall Base Cove Base can stick to almost any smooth surface (tile, plastic, metal, glass, wood, smooth walls, etc.) The product can effectively handle a variety of situations, especially uneven floors or irregular walls.
- FLEXIBLE AND DURABLE: This Floor Molding Trim is durable and resilient. This material can ensure that the product will not be deformed in long-term use. Moreover, the surface of the product is specially treated to effectively block scratches. It is flexible enough that you don't have to cut it when dealing with corners, just use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the wall base. It has a toe design that can effectively cover various imperfections and uneven floors.
- 【Enhanced Strength and Resilience】Constructed from upgraded NBR material, this product offers superior impact resistance and a wider width, making it ideal for larger area decorations. It boasts exceptional moisture-proof, anti-corrosion, oil-proof, dustproof, and waterproof properties, ensuring easy maintenance by simply wiping it with a damp towel.
- 【Convenience and Affordability Combined】Experience the ultimate convenience with our peel-and-stick baseboards! Installing them is a breeze, instantly refreshing your walls at a pocket-friendly price. Compared to traditional hardwood or hard plastic options, our baseboards are bound to exceed your expectations.
- 【Versatile and Reliable】Featuring exceptional adhesive strength, our wall baseboards can securely adhere to various surfaces such as tiles, plastic, metal, glass, wood, and even arched or irregular edges. They are the perfect solution for covering unsightly paint and gaps resulting from home renovations, effectively concealing stress cracks and accidental paint mishaps, and maintaining a clean and polished appearance.
- 【Effortless Maintenance】Thanks to its waterproof and oil-proof properties, our baseboards are a breeze to clean. Accidental spills of water or oil can be easily wiped away with a cloth, making it incredibly convenient for daily upkeep. Moreover, when it comes time to remove the baseboards, you won't have to worry about any residual glue left behind, ensuring a hassle-free transition.
- 【Risk-free Purchase】Shop with peace of mind: 1-year warranty and 1-month hassle-free returns or replacements.
- 【SUPERIOR MATERIAL】Our peel and stick baseboard trim is crafted from high-quality materials, ensuring that they will not deform even after prolonged use. Additionally, the vinyl baseboard molding surface has special treatment to effectively resist scratches. When faced with wall corners, our products exhibit remarkable flexibility and can easily adapt to them.
- 【TOE DESIGN】 Featuring the toe design, this rubber wall base can resist dust while concealing blemishes and uneven surface for a flawless finish. And its smooth surface reduces stains and makes cleaning easy. This practical solution ensures a comfortable and safer living environment.
- 【ADHESIVE BACKING】 The wall baseboard molding is equipped with an impressively strong adhesive backing that eliminates the need for separate glue purchases. Its self-adhesive design makes it easy to install even for new users and without additional tools or assistance.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION】 Thanks to the self-adhesive design of the cove base, no screws or drilling are required. Begin by cleaning the surface, then measure and cut the vinyl baseboard to your desired length. Peel off the adhesive backing film and apply it to the smooth surface, pressing back and forth firmly until it is securely fixed on the wall. The installation process can be completed in a short time.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】 The baseboard trim peel and stick is versatile and can adhere to almost any smooth surface like tiles, plastic, metal, glass, wood, and smooth walls. This makes it an ideal solution for uneven floors or irregular walls that cannot be addressed by conventional methods. It's perfect for covering gaps between floors and walls in garages, gyms, living rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchens, RVs, nurseries offices hospitals and during house renovations.
So, What’s The Best Material For Baseboards?
As seen above, the best materials for your baseboard moulding project include;
- Medium Density Fiberboard- It is budget-friendly
- Wood- Can be painted to the desired colour
- PVC- Has various looks
My recommendation? The most baseboard material to go for is the Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF).
Apart from being cost-effective, you will have an easy time during your project as the material is lightweight.
Last update on 2023-09-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API