Painting your cabinets is a creative way to make your kitchen feel more like home.
And, you can do it yourself, too, with these easy-to-follow cabinet paint kits!
All the three kits mentioned below are readily available, and all you have to do is purchase and use them for your project.
However, many people confuse cabinet paints and regular paints.
Cabinet paints are designed to be used on sensitive areas of the house, such as a kitchen cabinet.
They are of a higher quality than the regular paints, are scratch-resistant, and have adhesives to have a superior stickiness that will last for a more extended period.
On the other hand, regular paints may cost less but are less durable and will not provide the desired finishing. Therefore, be careful as you shop.
Here are 3 of the best cabinet paint kits today:
1. Rust-Oleum cabinet transformation kit
The rust oleum paint kit is a reliable makeover tool that will leave a spectacular finish on your cabinets.
It is designed with superior technology that makes it friendlier to your cabinet surface.
I chose to include it on my list because it is suitable for beginners, and therefore, you will require minimal guidance.
• High-quality paint
• Some numerous tools and coats are included in the kit
• It is durable thus will last longer than other paints
• Suitable for beginners
• A bit pricey as compared to other kits (See also the best paint tools)
This kit has numerous tools, including different paint coats, paint brushes, roller arms, and even roller pads.
Before proceeding to use them, however, read the instruction manual for further guidelines.
2. Nuvo Hearthstone All-in-One Cabinet Makeover
The Nuvo Hearthstone kit has the most reviews on Amazon and other vendors around the world.
With Nuvo, you can never go wrong.
Many people around the world have used it, and most of them are happy with the outcome.
The Nuvo cabinet
makeover made it on my list because I found out it has minimal odor when being used.
• Easy to use even for beginners
• Minimal odor
• Has great functionality
• You might notice that upon receiving the package, the colors may have been separated
3. Giani White Diamond Countertop Paint Kit
The Giani paint kit is also a widely used item by consumers across the globe.
It can be used with Nuvo cabinet paint kits to achieve a beautiful kitchen makeover.
It dries up quickly, and it is durable, especially on surfaces that are used on a daily basis.
• Low odor when applying
• Comes with a well-detailed instruction manual
• Has five versatile colors that can complement any kitchen theme
• Not as durable in comparison with other products
It has a 12 oz IronCore Primer-Base Coat, a paint sponge, practice board, roller pads, glitter topcoat, and other tools.
- Ideal for transforming old, outdated cabinets in kitchens, bathrooms, offices and more
- Quick-drying formula goes on smooth and provides exceptional flow and leveling
- Dries to the touch in 30 minutes and covers up to 50 sq. ft. per quart
- Provides a durable semi-gloss finish in just one step
- Use two coats for ultimate scratch protection and stain resistance
- ALL-IN-ONE Paint - NO Sanding, NO Priming, NO Top Coat Required
- Low Luster, Velvet Sheen Finish
- Interior/Exterior - Paint your whole house - Ideal for hard surfaces including walls, doors, cabinets, counters, furniture, metal, glass, ceramics and floor and wall tile
- Durable yet stretches to paint smooth fabrics, vinyl and leather
- Results cannot be guaranteed. Digital screens may not show color accurately. Product search - Heirloom Traditions Color Card Fan Deck, for accurate color choice.
- Low VOC, low , water-based acrylic paint and primer in one
- One-day application process that dries in a soft, satin finish
- Professional results with simple tools included in each kit
- Covers 100 square feet of cabinet surface (40 linear feet) - the typical size of most kitchen cabinets
- Ideal for use on wood, laminate and primed, or painted metal cabinets
- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY: Great coverage saving you time and money. Long-lasting durability, little-to-no prep work required for wood (just clean first). Suitable for interior and exterior painting projects.
- PAINT AND PRIME: A Strong durable 2-in-1 means less work, save time and money, thanks to the paint's thick, luxurious formula
- MULTIPLE SURFACES: For furniture, wood and laminate cabinets, crown molding and trim, wood, metal, plastic, brick, stone, concrete and more
- RICH PIGMENTS: Choose from the 12 stunning colors available in gloss, satin, and matte finishes
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Non-toxic, Water-Based, Low Odor, ultra low VOC. Contains NO harsh chemicals such as phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or solvents. Genuine Quality, made in the U.K. just outside of London.
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 120 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Semi-gloss finish provides a soft shine on surfaces, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
Best Paints For Cabinets
In my list, I have mentioned the Nova, Giani White Diamond, and the Rust-Oleum paint kits.
So, which is the best cabinet paint?
Each of these is highly effective, but my favorite kit was the Giani White Diamond.
That is because it has all the necessary kits for a kitchen makeover on a strict budget.
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API