Painting your cabinets is a creative way to make your kitchen feel more like home.
And, you can do it yourself, too, with these easy-to-follow cabinet paint kits!
All the three kits mentioned below are readily available, and all you have to do is purchase and use them for your project.
However, many people confuse cabinet paints and regular paints.
Cabinet paints are designed to be used on sensitive areas of the house, such as a kitchen cabinet.
They are of a higher quality than the regular paints, are scratch-resistant, and have adhesives to have a superior stickiness that will last for a more extended period.
On the other hand, regular paints may cost less but are less durable and will not provide the desired finishing. Therefore, be careful as you shop.
Here are 3 of the best cabinet paint kits today:
1. Rust-Oleum cabinet transformation kit
The rust oleum paint kit is a reliable makeover tool that will leave a spectacular finish on your cabinets.
It is designed with superior technology that makes it friendlier to your cabinet surface.
I chose to include it on my list because it is suitable for beginners, and therefore, you will require minimal guidance.
• High-quality paint
• Some numerous tools and coats are included in the kit
• It is durable thus will last longer than other paints
• Suitable for beginners
• A bit pricey as compared to other kits (See also the best paint tools)
This kit has numerous tools, including different paint coats, paint brushes, roller arms, and even roller pads.
Before proceeding to use them, however, read the instruction manual for further guidelines.
2. Nuvo Hearthstone All-in-One Cabinet Makeover
The Nuvo Hearthstone kit has the most reviews on Amazon and other vendors around the world.
With Nuvo, you can never go wrong.
Many people around the world have used it, and most of them are happy with the outcome.
The Nuvo cabinet
makeover made it on my list because I found out it has minimal odor when being used.
• Easy to use even for beginners
• Minimal odor
• Has great functionality
• You might notice that upon receiving the package, the colors may have been separated
3. Giani White Diamond Countertop Paint Kit
The Giani paint kit is also a widely used item by consumers across the globe.
It can be used with Nuvo cabinet paint kits to achieve a beautiful kitchen makeover.
It dries up quickly, and it is durable, especially on surfaces that are used on a daily basis.
• Low odor when applying
• Comes with a well-detailed instruction manual
• Has five versatile colors that can complement any kitchen theme
• Not as durable in comparison with other products
It has a 12 oz IronCore Primer-Base Coat, a paint sponge, practice board, roller pads, glitter topcoat, and other tools.
- Water-based acrylic paint + primer for superior hiding, even on dark painted, or stained cabinets.
- Heavily pigmented and optimized for smooth, even coverage, without drips or streaks.
- Covers 100 square feet of cabinets (40 linear feet) - the typical size of most kitchen cabinets.
- Optimized for easy brush and roll-on application. All necessary tools are included in the kit.
- Dries in a soft, satin finish without the need for an additional protective topcoat.
- ALL-IN-ONE Paint - NO Sanding, NO Priming, NO Top Coat Required
- Low Luster, Velvet Sheen Finish
- Paint your whole house - Ideal for hard surfaces including walls, doors, cabinets, counters, furniture, metal, glass, ceramics and floor and wall tile
- Durable yet stretches to paint smooth fabrics, vinyl and leather
- Ideal for use on wood, laminate, primed or painted metal cabinets, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Covers 100 square feet of cabinet surface (40 linear feet) - the typical size of most kitchen cabinets
- Pairs well with Giani Countertop Paint Kits for complete kitchen or bath makeovers
- Kit includes: Two 31 oz. Cans of Nuvo Cabinet Paint, 1 Roller Arm, 2 Roller Covers, 2” Angled Paint Brush
- Durable finish, requires no additional topcoat or sealer
- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY: Great coverage saving you time and money. Long-lasting durability, little-to-no prep work required for wood (just clean first). Suitable for interior and exterior painting projects.
- PAINT AND PRIME: A Strong durable 2-in-1 means less work, save time and money, thanks to the paint's thick, luxurious formula
- MULTIPLE SURFACES: For furniture, wood and laminate cabinets, crown molding and trim, wood, metal, plastic, brick, stone, concrete and more
- RICH PIGMENTS: Choose from the 12 stunning colors available in gloss, satin, and matte finishes
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Non-toxic, Water-Based, Low Odor, ultra low VOC. Contains NO harsh chemicals such as phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or solvents. Genuine Quality, made in the U.K. just outside of London.
- Use to accent details on interior décor and furniture with a unique brushed effect
- Water-based, low VOC, low odor formula cleans easily with soap and water
- Covers up to 125 sq. ft. per quart, dries to the touch in 30 min and ready for recoat in 2 hours
- Durable paint features excellent adhesion in a one-step buildable coating, making it easy to finish new, vintage or antique items
- Lightly textured matte finish can be layered with different techniques for custom look
Best Paints For Cabinets
In my list, I have mentioned the Nova, Giani White Diamond, and the Rust-Oleum paint kits.
So, which is the best cabinet paint?
Each of these is highly effective, but my favorite kit was the Giani White Diamond.
That is because it has all the necessary kits for a kitchen makeover on a strict budget.
Last update on 2023-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API