I break a few things here and there at home accidentally.
As a mother who is a DIY enthusiast, I do not always call a technician to fix all of them.
Sometimes I fix them using hand tools and I have trees in my compound.
Therefore, a chainsaw comes in handy to prune the trees.
If you are a DIY enthusiast like me, consider picking any of the three best chainsaws ever made below…
1. Remington RM4114 Chainsaw
I like this saw due to its durability and relatively low noise when in operation.
It is one of the most popular saws in the markets today.
It features a standard 14-inch bar, which makes it great for pruning most branches and cutting small trees.
This saw can also cut trees as large as 28 inches in two opposite cuts.
The petrol-powered chainsaw comes with Quickstart Technology that causes a smoother starting.
To ensure perfect lubrication of the chain, it comes with an automatic oiler with an adjustable flow.
Besides, it has a side-mounted Chain Tensioning System, enabling you to make quick chain adjustments without the need for a special tool.
It also has an advanced inertia-activated chain brake that prevents the chain from moving on an upward thrust.
• Can work hours on end as it needs petrol refilling
• It has a smooth starting and quick chain adjustment
• It has lots of power to handle even the thickest of wood
• Requires regular maintenance
• It makes a high pitched sound
2. Makita XCU02PT1 Chainsaw
If you need to prune trees high up or far away quietly, a battery-powered chainsaw would be your best choice.
The 16-inch cordless Makita cordless saw runs on 18V LXT lithium-ion batteries.
This increases its average run time by over 50%.
It comes with four quick-recharge batteries. You can keep one set of two fully charged while you work with others.
The long bar enables you to cut thicker trees and branches than the saw I reviewed above.
These batteries are standardised for all cordless equipment. Therefore, you could increase your work time with additional batteries from any other equipment.
Makita has a manual chain brake safety feature and an automatic oiler with an adjustable flow for oiling the chain as it works.
The saw is lightweight and has an ergonomic handle that allows you to handle it for long hours when working.
• It is easy to use
• It packs lots of power for cutting
• Can work away from home
• Batteries make the saw a bit heavy
• It is not suitable for long cutting jobs
3. Greenworks 2022 Chainsaw
If you are looking for a super lightweight chainsaw, go for a corded type.
The Greenworks 2022 Chainsaw is one of the best-corded saws in the market.
This saw has a 14-inch bar that can cut just anything up to 28 inches in diameter.
It only weighs 8 pounds, which is a bit lighter than most models in the market.
Being an electric chainsaw, it has little maintenance required, except cleaning after work.
It also has a wrap-around hand guard that protects the top of your hand from the flying debris from the wood you are cutting.
While it lacks other safety features, such as a chain brake, there is a little risk of a kickback.
Besides, it has a fixed-flow oiler that makes it easy to keep the chain and n bar lubricated.
Also included on the saw is a quick chain tensioner, which allows you to tighten the chain without using a separate tool.
• It is lightweight
• Easy operation mechanism
• Standard bar and chain
• You cannot work away from the power source
• It has few safety mechanisms
- 40V 16” CHAINSAW – Perfect for homeowners that need to tackle yard projects, or storm clean-up
- TRUBRUSHLESSTM MOTOR TECHNOLOGY – 2 x more torque. Provides more power, longer runtimes, quiet operation, and extended motor life
- CHAIN BRAKE – for added safety and reduced risk of injury
- AUTOMATIC OILER – delivers proper chain lubrication and increased productivity
- PRO STYLE TENSIONING – for easy bar and chain maintenance
- 【62CC engine with more powerful power and speed】Our gas chainsaw uses the latest 62CC power full-crank two-stroke cycle engine, provides greater power and less vibration, with a 20-inch bar and low-kickback chain that can quickly and easily cut the hardest wood, and not easy to drop the chain.
- 【Reliable and safe quality】This electric chainsaw is designed with a safety switch to prevent accidental opening and the quick-stop chain brake helps to use it more safely. The chain saw, equipped with a high-quality chain and high-hardness bar, cutting speed, more durable, high wear resistance, and longer service life. Warm tips: please make sure that it fits the sprocket well and use a wrench to turn the chain as a try before starting the chainsaw.
- 【Environmental protection system saves fuel consumption】The automatic oil can provide a stable and saving supply of chain and bar. While providing the highest cutting performance helps reduce fuel consumption by 20%. More environmentally.
- 12A motor rotates the chain at up to 44 feet per second
- Lightweight design limits fatigue to the user
- Auto-oiling system lubricates itself to elongate the saw’s lifespan
- Tool-free chain changes make for easy and fast chain replacement
- Requires no gasoline for emission-free operation
- 19.2 FT/S HIGH-EFFICIENT CUTTING: Only takes about 8 seconds to cut a 6 "diameter log (the specific value varies with the actual size and hardness of the wood).
- 2.51 LBS ULTRALIGHT DESIGN: Designs with slim bodies make it easy to work anywhere, even in narrow spaces. Also, it is very suitable for women and the elderly to use one hand, and not easy to fatigue for a long time.
- 2 x 21V LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY PACKS: Removable and rechargeable 2000mAh lithium batteries can provide longer battery life with self-overload and temperature protection.
- UPGRADED POWERFUL COPPER MOTOR: Provides your tool with longer run-time, more torque, and more power which leads to less wear and tear, extending the lifetime of the mini chainsaw.
- WIDE USAGE: Tomyvic cordless mini chainsaw can use for deforestation, pruning, gardening, carpentry DIY, etc. It is the perfect tool for farm, garden, and home use.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: 12-Amp motor of corded electric chainsaw helps with tough cuts
- LOW KICKBACK: This electric chainsaw features a 16-inch low kickback bar and chain
- AUTO-OILING: Built-in oil window and no priming required
- TOOL-FREE CHAIN TENSIONING: Easy to adjust chain for ideal cutting performance
- 3 Year Limited Warranty, refer to "Warranty & Support" section below for full details
What Are The 3 Best Chainsaws Ever Made?
The 3 best chainsaws ever made are…
- Remington RM4114 Chainsaw
- Greenworks 2022 Chainsaw
- Makita XCU02PT1 Chainsaw.
I have chosen Makita XCU02PT1 Chainsaw as my personal best of the three.
It is lightweight, noiseless and easy to operate.
Pick the model that feels comfortable to use and has the feature that will make your work easier.
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API