DIY is empowering. It makes you perform house improvements independently without a technician.
Furthermore, it gives you the freedom to play around with tools and create something you want.
Furniture upholstery is my favourite DIY activity because I like making my guests comfortable.
Most homes unfortunately do not prioritize upholstering furniture.
Have you ever visited a friend or a neighbour whose chair looked old and uncomfortable?
Upon sitting on it, you realize you were right; but felt too scared to tell them to improve their chairs.
Apart from the uncomfortable chair, you also realized their table was dull and unappealing.
Even though the table is working, you still feel something more could be done to make it more appealing.
In the next steps, I will identify some tools you need to improve your furniture and how to use them.
Step 1: Purchase furniture upholstery materials
Before you purchase a fabric protector, you need to have basic upholstery items like cushions, pillows and table cloths.
I will focus on the tables and chairs because they are common and easily noticeable in a house.
In many homes, people leave their table bare without any covering on it.
Most people underestimate the importance of table cloths without knowing how valuable they are.
Table cloths serve the below purposes:
• They protect your table from stains and scratches. Nothing turns away guests like a table that has seen better days.
• They give your table a visually appealing look. There are many table cloth patterns to choose from: checked, crotched or linen.
• Certain table cloth patterns also have a positive impact on a person’s mood e.g. neon table cloths.
A living room is the first room a guest comes into, so the chairs need further improvement.
For comfort, ensure your couches have cushions. Make sure the cushions fit perfectly on the couches.
Also, use comfortable materials for couch cushions such as polyester, foam or batting.
These materials make the cushion softer. Hard couch cushions make you sit stiffly hence makes you uncomfortable.
Step 2: The Fabric protector to procure
Assuming you have upholstered your furniture, you need a protector to keep your furniture looking new.
The best fabric protector to get is the Nano Tex-10 protector.
The protector is a solution packaged in a spray bottle.
Here are some of its benefits:
• The solution is non-toxic.
• It forms a coating on your furniture which preserves its look.
• It protects your furniture against any kind of stain.
• It is odourless.
• It is a simple DIY tool. All you need to do is spray the furniture until it is wet and then rub the liquid in a circular motion.
What’s the best fabric protector for furniture upholstery?
Preserving furniture does not require you to hire a technician.
The Nano Tex-10 protector is a simple DIY tool that does the trick.
You only need to choose upholstery materials of your choice and thereafter, use the protector to preserve your furniture.