DIY is empowering. It makes you perform house improvements independently without a technician.
Furthermore, it gives you the freedom to play around with tools and create something you want.
Furniture upholstery is my favourite DIY activity because I like making my guests comfortable.
Most homes unfortunately do not prioritize upholstering furniture.
Have you ever visited a friend or a neighbour whose chair looked old and uncomfortable?
Upon sitting on it, you realize you were right; but felt too scared to tell them to improve their chairs.
Apart from the uncomfortable chair, you also realized their table was dull and unappealing.
Even though the table is working, you still feel something more could be done to make it more appealing.
In the next steps, I will identify some tools you need to improve your furniture and how to use them.
Step 1: Purchase furniture upholstery materials
Before you purchase a fabric protector, you need to have basic upholstery items like cushions, pillows and table cloths.
I will focus on the tables and chairs because they are common and easily noticeable in a house.
In many homes, people leave their table bare without any covering on it.
Most people underestimate the importance of table cloths without knowing how valuable they are.
Table cloths serve the below purposes:
• They protect your table from stains and scratches. Nothing turns away guests like a table that has seen better days.
• They give your table a visually appealing look. There are many table cloth patterns to choose from: checked, crotched or linen.
• Certain table cloth patterns also have a positive impact on a person’s mood e.g. neon table cloths.
A living room is the first room a guest comes into, so the chairs need further improvement.
For comfort, ensure your couches have cushions. Make sure the cushions fit perfectly on the couches.
Also, use comfortable materials for couch cushions such as polyester, foam or batting.
These materials make the cushion softer. Hard couch cushions make you sit stiffly hence makes you uncomfortable.
Step 2: The Fabric protector to procure
Assuming you have upholstered your furniture, you need a protector to keep your furniture looking new.
The best fabric protector to get is the Nano Tex-10 protector.
The protector is a solution packaged in a spray bottle.
Here are some of its benefits:
• The solution is non-toxic.
• It forms a coating on your furniture which preserves its look.
• It protects your furniture against any kind of stain.
• It is odourless.
• It is a simple DIY tool. All you need to do is spray the furniture until it is wet and then rub the liquid in a circular motion.
- Uses the Vectra- 22 formula, the world's best fabric protection for SELF-APPLICATION on the market today
- A gentle mist spray on self-application that protects against multiple stains
- After a spill on a Vectra protected substance, simply use a cloth to absorb the spill with no damages to your materials
- Penetrates the molecule of a fiber and seals it from within
- Easy to use, saves money versus furniture store charges
- SUPERIOR FABRIC:We have a patent for this product. 20% spandex+80% polyester,high quality stretchy fabric,soft and comfortable,Protect your sofa from daily wear and stains. Various colors are prepared, you can choose the color you like to cover
- PERFECT FIT: This innovated 8 Piece recliner cover is crafted from soft jacquard fabric, including 2 ARM pieces,3 CENTER BACK OF SEAT pieces and 3 CENTER BACK OF COVER Pieces (fit sitting width between 60-82 inch). Feature one-size-fits-most, kindly measure before ordering.
- STAY IN PLACE:Because the recliner slipcover is 8 pieces, Compared to one piece,they fit better.We also have special Non-slip buckles to fix the elastic straps behind ,you don’t need to adjust after sitting
- EASY TO INSTALL: Check the installation guide carefully, it can be finished within 15 minutes by one person(Installation Instructions Included) If you have any questions about installation, please contact us
- EASY CARE & WARRANTY: Machine washable, wash at temperature around 30 degrees Celsius, mild laundry detergents are advised, please do not bleach,do not iron
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: 20% spandex+80% polyester,high quality stretchy fabric,soft and comfortable
- DIMENSIONS:Recliner Slipcover：Fit Total sitting area is 23" -35". More details please refer to the measurement guide in photo, please measure before purchasing
- FURNITURE PROTECTOR: Protect your sofa from daily wear and stains. Various colors are prepared, you can choose the color you like to cover
- Each of our cover is marked with Introduced label, 2 pcs covers with “ARM” is for armrest piece, 1 pc cover with “CENTER BACK OF SEAT” is for Seat cushion, 1 pc cover with “CENTER BACK OF COVER” is for Backrest
- EASY CARE: Machine washable, wash at temperature around 30 degrees Celsius, mild laundey detergents are advised, please do not bleach，do not iron
- PERFECT FIT - ONE SIZE: Reclining sofa covers are made of patented stretch bi-elastic fabric. Furniture reclining cover fit small and large couch recliners 63”- 91” wide. PLEASE MEASURE BEFORE PURCHASING.
- SKIN FRIENDLY: 3 seat recliner couch slipcovers for furniture are certified by Oeko-Tex 100. Ideal for homes with kids and pets or anyone seeking an economical solution furniture protection. Note: Slipcovers for reclining sofas are not waterproof.
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Sofa recliner covers are strapless with an elasticized bottom. Special non-slip cardboards included. They prevent recliners couches slip cover from sliding. Instructions included.
- EASY INSTALLATION & CARE: Covers for reclining 3-seater sofas are machine washable in cold water. Wash separately at gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Low heat, tumble dry. Do not dry-clean. Do not iron.
- 100% MONEYBACK GUARANTEE: Satisfied & Happy Customers are the Highest Priority for Us. We Give You 100% Money Back Guarantee on Recliner Protector. Our Support Team Is Ready To Assist You For Any Issues.
- STAIN GUARD: The Carpet & Upholstery Protector repels all oil and water-based stains from carpets, upholstery and clothing. Our unique formula also makes fabric easier to maintain and clean in the future as it prevents dirt from penetrating the surface, rather than allowing contaminants to soak into the fabric. For best results, apply the fabric spray once or twice a year on areas of low-mid levels of use, and four times a year on areas of high use; such as a fabric sofa or chair.
- SAFE TO USE FOR ALL FABRIC ITEMS: Our water based formula is non hazardous, safe to use, contains no solvents or abrasives, and will not alter the look or feel of any fabric! For this reason, our Carpet & Upholstery Protector is perfect to use on all fabric items including; furniture, carpets, car interiors, accessories, footwear and clothing. The fabric protector is even safe to use on additional delicates such as wool, silk, velvet, nylon, and linen.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Vacuum the fabric thoroughly to remove all dirt and dust. If stained or dirty, use our Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner first. After cleaning, allow the fabric to dry. Shake the Carpet & Upholstery Protector well. Spray onto the fabric and allow to dry. It is advised to spray high use areas first and more generously. You only need to spray enough protector onto the fabric so that it dampens the surface.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our experts are here if you have questions before purchasing and if after purchasing you’re not satisfied with the results (we expect you will be), we offer a money back guarantee. We know our product works wonderfully when used correctly.
- GOOD HOUSEKEEPING SEAL: This product was evaluated by the Good Housekeeping institute and after rigorous testing by their expert scientists and engineers, has been granted the prestigious Good Housekeeping seal. Evaluation of the product includes reviewing product effectiveness, as well as packaging and marketing claims.
What’s the best fabric protector for furniture upholstery?
Preserving furniture does not require you to hire a technician.
The Nano Tex-10 protector is a simple DIY tool that does the trick.
You only need to choose upholstery materials of your choice and thereafter, use the protector to preserve your furniture. See the 5 Best Water Free Dry Cleaning Solvent For Upholstery And Couches.
Last update on 2023-05-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API