DIY is empowering. It makes you perform house improvements independently without a technician.
Furthermore, it gives you the freedom to play around with tools and create something you want.
Furniture upholstery is my favourite DIY activity because I like making my guests comfortable.
Most homes unfortunately do not prioritize upholstering furniture.
Have you ever visited a friend or a neighbour whose chair looked old and uncomfortable?
Upon sitting on it, you realize you were right; but felt too scared to tell them to improve their chairs.
Apart from the uncomfortable chair, you also realized their table was dull and unappealing.
Even though the table is working, you still feel something more could be done to make it more appealing.
In the next steps, I will identify some tools you need to improve your furniture and how to use them.
Step 1: Purchase furniture upholstery materials
Before you purchase a fabric protector, you need to have basic upholstery items like cushions, pillows and table cloths.
I will focus on the tables and chairs because they are common and easily noticeable in a house.
In many homes, people leave their table bare without any covering on it.
Most people underestimate the importance of table cloths without knowing how valuable they are.
Table cloths serve the below purposes:
• They protect your table from stains and scratches. Nothing turns away guests like a table that has seen better days.
• They give your table a visually appealing look. There are many table cloth patterns to choose from: checked, crotched or linen.
• Certain table cloth patterns also have a positive impact on a person’s mood e.g. neon table cloths.
A living room is the first room a guest comes into, so the chairs need further improvement.
For comfort, ensure your couches have cushions. Make sure the cushions fit perfectly on the couches.
Also, use comfortable materials for couch cushions such as polyester, foam or batting.
These materials make the cushion softer. Hard couch cushions make you sit stiffly hence makes you uncomfortable.
Step 2: The Fabric protector to procure
Assuming you have upholstered your furniture, you need a protector to keep your furniture looking new.
The best fabric protector to get is the Nano Tex-10 protector.
The protector is a solution packaged in a spray bottle.
Here are some of its benefits:
• The solution is non-toxic.
• It forms a coating on your furniture which preserves its look.
• It protects your furniture against any kind of stain.
• It is odourless.
• It is a simple DIY tool. All you need to do is spray the furniture until it is wet and then rub the liquid in a circular motion.
- Strong fabric protection repels water based spills for easier cleanup
- Ideal for household items like upholstery, curtains, pillows, table linens, backpacks, luggage and more
- Perfect for use on clothing like shirts, dresses, silk ties, suits, outerwear, canvas shoes and more
- Simple application
- Dries clear and odorless
- Provides ultimate stain; dirt; and waterproofing defense for any fabric upholstery; including leather; suede; and nubuck; great for protecting furniture from sticky fingers
- Creates an ultra-thin; odorless; invisible shield that repels liquids; dirt; oils; cosmetics; juice; wine; coffee; tea and more to keep your furniture clean and looking new; longer
- Will not alter the color or shade of your fabric or leave any sticky or gummy residue; and is gentle yet effective care on upholstery; window treatments; carpets; apparel; shoes; and more
- Simple; one-step application; reapply annually or after washing; not intended for use on finished and aniline leathers
- Since 1915; Guardsman has been trusted worldwide by furniture professionals with its industry-leading furniture protection
- 💖【Funny Fuzzy Couch Cover】The Funny Fuzzy Couch Cover acts like an unsung hero, protecting our furniture from these inevitable mishaps. Whether it's dropped food, spilled drinks, or even a leaking pen, this chenille sofa cover acts as a cushion to prevent spills from reaching the sofa fabric and causing permanent stains.
- 💖【Premium Material】 Funny Fuzzy herringbone chenille fabric furniture protector couch cover is Made from high-quality chenille fabric, providing a luxurious and comfortable feel.
- 💖【Non-Slip Bottom & Easy to Clean】The funny fuzzy couch cover features a non-slip backing that secures and prevents slipping, and the non-slip couch cover is also machine washable for easy maintenance. Also comes with a sofa-fixing sticker
- 💖【Elegant Design】Herringbone Chenille Fabric Furniture Protector Sofa Cover, Features a stylish herringbone texture that adds sophistication to any sofa or chair.
- 💖【Renovate Your Home Easily and Affordably】 Even the most beloved furniture can start to feel a little outdated, and the desire to renovate your space can give you ideas about buying new furniture. But with this funny fuzzy couch cover, you can change the look of your sofa, and in turn your entire room, without spending a fortune on new furniture.
- 32 oz spray bottle of Vectra 22.
- Vectra 22 spray is the "Gold Standard" for fabric protection that works and protects the public and planet.
- A gentle misting is all that is necessary to provide maximum protection for your clients' fine furnishings and carpeting.
- No dimensional change in fabric or carpet. No change of color or texture. Increased fiber strength. Lasting resistance to abrasion and wear. Retains over 80% effectiveness after 2 years of normal use. Retains effectiveness through several cleaning cycles (when cleaned as directed). Increases the durability and life of all fabrics.
- Fabric protector spray and stain guard - prevents stains and repels liquids
- Works on most fabrics-Shoes, Suede, Carpet, Jackets, Curtains, Furniture, Leather, Canvas & more
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Safe to use - SoftClad is non-flammable and safe to use indoors. PFAS and PFOA free.
What’s the best fabric protector for furniture upholstery?
Preserving furniture does not require you to hire a technician.
The Nano Tex-10 protector is a simple DIY tool that does the trick.You only need to choose upholstery materials of your choice and thereafter, use the protector to preserve your furniture. See the 5 Best Water Free Dry Cleaning Solvent For Upholstery And Couches.
Last update on 2023-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API