DIY is empowering. It makes you perform house improvements independently without a technician.
Furthermore, it gives you the freedom to play around with tools and create something you want.
Furniture upholstery is my favourite DIY activity because I like making my guests comfortable.
Most homes unfortunately do not prioritize upholstering furniture.
Have you ever visited a friend or a neighbour whose chair looked old and uncomfortable?
Upon sitting on it, you realize you were right; but felt too scared to tell them to improve their chairs.
Apart from the uncomfortable chair, you also realized their table was dull and unappealing.
Even though the table is working, you still feel something more could be done to make it more appealing.
In the next steps, I will identify some tools you need to improve your furniture and how to use them.
Step 1: Purchase furniture upholstery materials
Before you purchase a fabric protector, you need to have basic upholstery items like cushions, pillows and table cloths.
I will focus on the tables and chairs because they are common and easily noticeable in a house.
In many homes, people leave their table bare without any covering on it.
Most people underestimate the importance of table cloths without knowing how valuable they are.
Table cloths serve the below purposes:
• They protect your table from stains and scratches. Nothing turns away guests like a table that has seen better days.
• They give your table a visually appealing look. There are many table cloth patterns to choose from: checked, crotched or linen.
• Certain table cloth patterns also have a positive impact on a person’s mood e.g. neon table cloths.
A living room is the first room a guest comes into, so the chairs need further improvement.
For comfort, ensure your couches have cushions. Make sure the cushions fit perfectly on the couches.
Also, use comfortable materials for couch cushions such as polyester, foam or batting.
These materials make the cushion softer. Hard couch cushions make you sit stiffly hence makes you uncomfortable.
Step 2: The Fabric protector to procure
Assuming you have upholstered your furniture, you need a protector to keep your furniture looking new.
The best fabric protector to get is the Nano Tex-10 protector.
The protector is a solution packaged in a spray bottle.
Here are some of its benefits:
• The solution is non-toxic.
• It forms a coating on your furniture which preserves its look.
• It protects your furniture against any kind of stain.
• It is odourless.
• It is a simple DIY tool. All you need to do is spray the furniture until it is wet and then rub the liquid in a circular motion.
- ✅ SPILLS DON'T MEAN STAINS - If your fabric surfaces are protected, a spill will sit on the surface of your couch, rug, carpet, or clothes long enough to be blotted up before staining.
- ✅ EASY TO APPLY - Just spray, let it dry, and then live your life. No dual application, or multi-step process to deal with - just protection
- ✅ A SAFER ALTERNATIVE - Unlike most stain guards, our protectant isn't flammable. It uses water based chemistry so it's safe enough to use indoors with proper ventilation. A high tech solution for interior waterproofing.
- ✅ CLEAR & ODORLESS - you don't want your stain guard CAUSING a stain, and it shouldn't stink up the place.
- ✅ PLEASE NOTE - Due to the pandemic, it has been challenging getting quality sprayers. We notice that the sprayers we are currently using sometimes have quality issues, if you receive a bottle with a faulty sprayer please contact us directly for a replacement. We are in the works of providing a better sprayer solutions but with the pandemic it may take some time. Thank you for understanding.
- Strong fabric protection repels spills for easier cleanup
- Ideal for household items like upholstery, curtains, pillows, table linens, backpacks, luggage and more
- Perfect for use on clothing like shirts, dresses, silk ties, suits, outerwear, canvas shoes and more
- Simple, one-step application. Reapply Scotchgard Fabric Protector after washing
- Dries clear and odorless
- No dimensional change in fabric or carpet. No change of color or texture. Increased fiber strength. Lasting resistance to abrasion and wear.
- Retains over 80% effectiveness after 2 years of normal use. Retains effectiveness through several cleaning cycles(when cleaned as directed). Increases the durability and life of all fabrics.
- FABRIC PROTECTOR SPRAY AND STAIN GUARD - prevents stains and repels liquids
- WORKS ON ALMOST ALL FABRICS: Cloth, Shoes, Knits, Suede, Felts, Carpet, Jackets, Wovens, Curtains, Furniture, Upholstery, Leather, Canvas and more
- Proudly Made in the USA
- SAFE TO USE - SoftClad is non-flamable and safe to use indoors. Ingredients are fluorinated polymer & water.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not satisfied, request a full refund. No questions asked
- Long-lasting stain protection helps furniture look newer, longer
- Won't change fabrics look or feel. Not intended for use on finished and aniline leathers
- Odorless when dry. No chemical smells to worry about, this means you can use it on your most used furniture
- Formulated to meet the demands of furniture professionals
- Made in the U.S.A. Guardsman has been the leader in furniture care and delivering quality products since 1915.
What’s the best fabric protector for furniture upholstery?
Preserving furniture does not require you to hire a technician.
The Nano Tex-10 protector is a simple DIY tool that does the trick.
You only need to choose upholstery materials of your choice and thereafter, use the protector to preserve your furniture.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API