As a mom with a family, it has become normal for my kids to break things around the house.
I love fixing them and getting them involved too.
Having the right glue to fix these things is important, especially for my ceramic items.
Here are some of the best ceramic glues you can use in your DIY and home improvement projects.
The Gorilla Superglue
is one of the best glues you can use for your DIY projects, especially when working with ceramics.
It is versatile, and you can use it in any ceramic, whether you are making repairs or making a ceramic product from scratch.
If you have tough repairs for dissimilar surfaces, this Gorilla glue is perfect for this use, both indoors and outdoors.
- It is white and comes with included components with a pack of 12.
- It only weighs 1.92 ounces making it lightweight to use during any of your projects.
- It has the industrial strength to combine any ceramic material within seconds.
It is a moisture-activated adhesive. Clamping objects only need between 30-60 seconds, but after 24 hours, you can be sure your ceramics will stay in place.
• Indoor and outdoor use
• Fast drying
• Foams, so you need to wipe it off immediately.
• Hard to remove once it hardens.
This Gorilla glue is made to work specifically with ceramics though it works with other materials as well.
2. Gorilla Glue CLR
The Gorilla glass CLR is another perfect glue for any ceramic material. Its size makes it easy to use.
- The gorilla glue CLR is perfect for bonding all sorts of materials, including ceramics.
- Whichever ceramic DIY project you are working on, you can use this glue in every stage that you need to combine any pieces.
- The package comes in a bottle with a 3-pack size.
- It only weighs 3.2 ounces.
- It only has 1.75 oz, which is enough for any medium-sized project you may have.
- The gorilla glue CLR is non-foaming and water-resistant to0
- It is also crystal clear, so you don’t have to worry about any stains on your ceramics.
- It has a nozzle to help you apply the glue more evenly and avoid any mess on your ceramic workpiece.
• Fast drying
• Works on all materials
• It comes in a pack of three, so if you need more, you will have to make more purchases.
It is good to know that this ceramic gorilla glue is used by thousands of people who work with ceramic materials.
So if you plan to buy this, it will be a very good choice for you to start using.
3. Gorilla 5002801 Original Waterproof Polyurethane Glue
The Gorilla 5002801 Original Waterproof Polyurethane Glue is also a good tool to use as a ceramic adhesive.
- You can use it to combine ceramic pieces of any size.
- If you are doing repairs, this glue is perfect for keeping the pieces together without leaving any traces.
- It comes in an 8-ounce bottle, it is brown, and comes in a pack of 1.
- It is also brown but lightweight, with just about 10.4 ounces.
It expands three times into the material, even ceramic. It works both indoors and outdoors.
• Easy to use
• Works with more than one material.
• Brown, so you will need to wipe it off after application.
This ceramic glue works with different materials, too, so you can always keep it after your ceramic project.
Best Ceramic Glue
Remember that the three best ceramics types of glue you can get in the market today are…
- The Gorilla Glue.
- Gorilla Glue CLR.
- Gorilla 5002801 Original Waterproof Polyurethane Glue.
So which glue is best for ceramics?
I would recommend the Gorilla Glue CLR since it has most of the features you will need to make your ceramic project easy and fast.
- Dishwasher safe
- Adheres to glass, ceramics, pottery and china
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Dries clear
- 2 ways to dispense for greater control and versatility
- Fine bristle brush for controlled coverage with less mess
- Precision tip nozzle for quick, easy dispensing
- Impact tough: Unique rubber particles increase impact resistance and strength
- Fast-setting: Dries in 10-30 seconds, no clamping required
- GEL FORMULA: No run control gel formula that is great for use on vertical surfaces
- ANTI CLOG CAP: Helps keep glue from drying out. It's Gorilla tough use after use
- IMPACT TOUGH: Specially formulated for increased impact resistance and strength
- FAST-SETTING: Dries in 10-45 seconds. No clamping required
- VERSATILE: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more. Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastic or similar materials
- Pratley Quickset Glue is an high strength adhesive which sets quickly and adheres to most rigid materials like ceramics, stone, concrete, glass, fibre glass and metals
- Can be used where a more runny consistency in close matching joint is required.
- Very versatile adhesive which every family will find useful in the home.
- Can be used in applications where the adhesive should not be visible e.g. on ornaments.
- Adheres to most rigid materials. Each pack contains 2 x 20ml tubes.
- All-purpose glue formula is perfect for everyday household repairs
- Precision control pen with pressure grips that control glue flow for less mess on your hands
- Bonds strongly to ceramic, plastic, wood, glass, metal, leather, and more
- One-drop applicator for accurate gluing & leak-proof cap to prevent drying
- 33% more glue than previous pen, glue indicator shows how much remains
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API