If you are a DIY enthusiast like myself, you need a miter saw to make angled cuts.
You need to make angled cuts when making window casings, picture frames, or crown moulding.
Unfortunately, the price of miter saws varies widely based on size, quality and brand.
However, unless you want to have a commercial workshop at home, you do not need to spend lots of cash on these saws.
From my research, I found good mitre saw brands selling at less than $200.
This does not mean you cannot buy a more expensive one if it fits your needs.
Here are the three best miter saws you can buy for under $200…
1. Evolution Power Tools R185SMS+
The Evolution range of miter saws is some of the best in the market.
The RAGE3 comes with a 10-inch blade that is hardened to cut through metal and wood.
The blade is made of carbide.
While it is not the best material in the market, it can work for most home projects.
The saw is run by a 15-amp motor, something that you may not find on machines available at this price range.
Besides, it features 45 degrees left and right on its system plus nine other positive stops.
This saw can cut anything between 11-13/16×3 inches. It is reliable and easy to operate.
The reason why I have included it in the list is the durability as well as the strength.
I find the construction hardy and suitable for most tasks at home.
• The saw comes with a multipurpose cutting system that is laser-guided
• It has a reliable blade that cuts metal and wood with ease
• Its 15-amp motor provides enough power for all tasks
• Starting this saw takes some time.
2. Metabo HPT 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw, Single Bevel
It makes a bevel cut for up to 45 degrees to its left. You can also adjust the saw precisely and accurately.
I have noticed that the saw jiggles a bit when working, but this does not mess with the accuracy of the cuts.
The reason for including it in the list is the ease of operation and that it can last quite a long time.
• This saw is lightweight and very powerful
• You can adjust the saw with so much ease and make accurate cuts without professional knowledge
• You can make a bevel cut 45 degrees to the left
• The handle of the bevel adjustment is made of plastic
• The blade guard is thin and likely to break
3. DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw
If you are looking for a highly portable mitre saw, the DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw is your best choice.
You can transport it from room to room without help
It comes with a 14-amp motor. The motor is enough to cut through wood and thin metal sheets.
The saw has several safety features, including a blade guard and a manual safety lock.
It also uses a lase-guide to align the blade to the piece of wood you intend to cut.
I have included it on the list due to the low cost and portability.
• It is lightweight and highly portable
• It comes at a lower cost than the rest
• It has several safety features
• It is not very durable
• May not cut heavy metal
What’s The Best Miter Saw Under 200?
The 3 best miter saws under $200 are…
- Evolution Power Tools R185SMS+
- Metabo HPT 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw, Single Bevel
- DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw
My personal pick would be to go for the Evolution RAGE3 Miter Saw.
Why? The handy saw comes with a strong blade. It is highly durable and works with various materials.
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API