If you are a DIY enthusiast like myself, you need a miter saw to make angled cuts.
You need to make angled cuts when making window casings, picture frames, or crown moulding.
Unfortunately, the price of miter saws varies widely based on size, quality and brand.
However, unless you want to have a commercial workshop at home, you do not need to spend lots of cash on these saws.
From my research, I found good mitre saw brands selling at less than $200.
This does not mean you cannot buy a more expensive one if it fits your needs.
Here are the three best miter saws you can buy for under $200…
1. Evolution RAGE3 Miter Saw
The Evolution range of miter saws is some of the best in the market.
The RAGE3 comes with a 10-inch blade that is hardened to cut through metal and wood.
The blade is made of carbide.
While it is not the best material in the market, it can work for most home projects.
The saw is run by a 15-amp motor, something that you may not find on machines available at this price range.
Besides, it features 45 degrees left and right on its system plus nine other positive stops.
This saw can cut anything between 11-13/16×3 inches. It is reliable and easy to operate.
The reason why I have included it in the list is the durability as well as the strength.
I find the construction hardy and suitable for most tasks at home.
• The saw comes with a multipurpose cutting system that is laser-guided
• It has a reliable blade that cuts metal and wood with ease
• Its 15-amp motor provides enough power for all tasks
• Starting this saw takes some time.
2. Makita LS1040
The LS1040 uses a 15-amp motor strong enough to cut through metal and wood in various projects like the saw above.
It is a direct-drive motor. Therefore, there is no chance that any chains will come off while working.
It makes a bevel cut for up to 45 degrees to its left. You can also adjust the saw precisely and accurately.
I have noticed that the saw jiggles a bit when working, but this does not mess with the accuracy of the cuts.
The reason for including it in the list is the ease of operation and that it can last quite a long time.
• This saw is lightweight and very powerful
• You can adjust the saw with so much ease and make accurate cuts without professional knowledge
• You can make a bevel cut 45 degrees to the left
• The handle of the bevel adjustment is made of plastic
• The blade guard is thin and likely to break
3. Homecraft H26-260L Miter Saw
If you are looking for a highly portable mitre saw, the Homecraft H26-260L saw is your best choice.
You can transport it from room to room without help
It comes with a 14-amp motor. The motor is enough to cut through wood and thin metal sheets.
The saw has several safety features, including a blade guard and a manual safety lock.
It also uses a lase-guide to align the blade to the piece of wood you intend to cut.
I have included it on the list due to the low cost and portability.
• It is lightweight and highly portable
• It comes at a lower cost than the rest
• It has several safety features
• It is not very durable
• May not cut heavy metal
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw features the precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 5-1/2-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right. Tool height-15 inch
- 2-inch x 8-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
- 10" Compound Miter Saw
- MOTOR: 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest of cuts generating a no-load speed of up to 5,000 RPM
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 24.2 lbs. to facilitate maneuverability and portability
- MITER ANGLE RANGE: 0-52 degrees, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- BEVEL RANGE: 0-45 degrees, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- The hand miter saw is designed for precision wood cutting
- EASE OF USE: Easy angle adjustment and comfortable grip
- SECURE MATERIAL: Clamps hold work in place and work stop allows for quick, repetitive cuts
- LONG LASTING SHARPNESS: Induction hardened teeth
- Powered by two LXT batteries; x2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL motor delivers 4, 400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- x2 LXT technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 spf and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2x12 spf lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries
- ACCURACY: The Bosch-exclusive Axial-Glide System allows wider cross cuts and better alignment
- CONVENIENCE: Featuring large, upfront metal bevel controls and Square lock precision fences for precise, quick and easy adjustments. Complete with dust collection chute and vacuum adapter for easy cleanup.
- CONTROL: This miter saw provides accuracy and cutting control at all angles. Crown chop lock locks head in place for maximum chop cutting capacity for upright base moulding and nested crown. Depth Front-to-Back, Not Including Arm: 30 inch
- COMPACT: Featuring a compact design that replaces the sliding rail system, taking up to 10 In. less workspace than a slide miter saw. This Bosch miter saw is perfect for tight quarters where other saws just won’t do.
- COMFORT: Large, form-fitting ergonomic ambidextrous trigger handle with soft grip provides maximum comfort for all-day use while the clear lower guard allows for unobstructed visibility throughout the cutting job.
What’s The Best Miter Saw Under 200?
The 3 best miter saws under $200 are…
- Homecraft H26-260L
- Makita LS1040
- Evolution RAGE3 Miter Saw,
My personal pick would be to go for the Evolution RAGE3 Miter Saw.
Why? The handy saw comes with a strong blade. It is highly durable and works with various materials.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API