Houses get worn out with time and require repairs from time to time.
One area that needs maintenance is the hardie siding.
Most people from the US construct their houses from hardie siding board because it is durable and resistant to fire and pest infestation.
I am a lady aged 38 years, married and I have kids.
Sometimes I find it difficult to take care of my family needs and still call for contractors to do home repairs because it is costly.
I have passion to make things with my hands and fix broken things at home including the hardie siding.
For you to fix the hardie siding problem, you need to have the right tools.
One important tool is the nail gun (try a quarter round nail gun). It helps you do the work fast and get pleasing results.
This blog post is to help you choose the best nail gun for hardie siding.
5 Best nail guns to purchase for working with hardie siding
1. NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 degree Full Round Head Framing Nailer
The Numax SFR2190 nail gun is a powerful tool used for nail trimming and other tasks like building a new room.
It is a brand I recommend if you are looking for DIY options, handymen and small scale workers.
- Drives 2 ½ to 3 ½ inch nails
- made of magnesium that has heated-steel parts
- Ergonomic handle for strong grip
- Easy to change the triggers
- Angled-gets into small spaces
- Easy to dissemble parts for cleaning, oiling and adjustment.
Pros of the numax
- It is efficient in nailing trimming tasks.
- It is light weight therefore; efficient for small scale and DIY jobs
- It is reliable as it fits in squeezed spaces
Cons of the NuMax
- The brand is relativey small hence, you will be tired after working for long hours with it.
2. Porter-Cable 20V max cordless brad nailer kit
Portable cable is efficient for introducing the portable belt sander.
I include this nail gun to the list as it is handy when installing nails around the hardie siding.
It is challenging to match codes and get them to reach the place you are repairing.
Almost everyone finds it difficult to move around with a compressor.
- Batttery-powered(20v 4.0Ah reliable battery)
- Efficient in drining nails upto 18-gauge 5/8 to 2 inch size
- Has a hook for belt hanging
Pros of the portable cable
- It is reliable as it uses battery. You can nail 1300 nails before recharging it
- It is pretty-balanced and nice design
- Has led light to illuminate the dark areas
- Good cordless gun
- It is heavy
3. Dewalt DW66C-1R Coil Nail Gun For Hardie siding
Dewalt is common brand used by many DIYers as it holds many nails. It takes both plastic and wire collated nails.
I add this brand to the list as it has the capacity to complete repair without having to reload nails.
- It is air-powered
- 300 nails magazine capacity
- 1 ¼ to 2 ½ wide nail capacity
- adjustable exhaust port
- Reliable as it uses air
- 15 degrees angle magazine
- It is lightweight although it is a coil model
4. Freeman P4FRFNCB Hardie Board Nail Gun
Freeman nailer kit is vital if you are planning for major renovations and installations.
It is handy for DIYers and that is the reason I recommend it on my list. The price is budget friendly.
- 4 different nailers for heavy duty task
- Heavy gauge of 21degrees framing gun(2 to 3 ½ inch nail)
- Has a crown stapler
- It is huge in size
5. BOSTITCH N66C Coil Siding Nailer
It is considered as the oldest brand in the world. I add it to my list as it is convenient for small jobs and light framing such as siding and fencing.
It is best for DIYers seeking for high-quality glue-guns, riveters, nailers and fasteners.
- Pneumatic nailer
- Coil model that holds upto 300 wire or plastic nails
- Adjustable vent
- You will need a compressor to supply pressure
- Fits: Hitachi NV65AH, Max CN565S, Makita AN611, Bostich N66C-1, DeWalt DW66C-1, and Duo-Fast DF225C (OD 0.697″ to 0.706)
- Usable with several engineered wood lap sidings
- 【Professional Nailer】Professional grade pallet nail gun designed with moving cylinder engine for low recoil. Compatible with 15 degree wire collated nails from 1-1/4" to 2-1/4". Fastener Diameter: 2.1-2.3 mm
- 【Widely Use】Ideal for a range of materials and applications and satisfies your different need in nailing. Perfect for applications such as making and repairing pallets, crates, fences, wainscoting, trim and sheath, frames, subfloors
- 【Humanized Design】Steel contact safety with dual carbide inserts for less wear. Soft grip for comfort and control. Delivers the power to consistently drive nails in the toughest applications.
- 【Big loading capacity】Big loading capacity (300-350 PCS) magazine will fasten a full bundle of shingles without reloading. Nails load from the side fast and easy
- 【Special Improvement】Magnetic nail holder aligns the nails when loading and ensures jam-free firing. Tool-less depth of drive adjustment for precision nailing/flush driving
- Drives Plastic or Wire Collated Coil Siding Nails;
- Magnesium housing to provide light comfortable usage as well as promising durability;
- Easy Jam-Release and maintenance due to exposed nose guide when opening magazine;
- Sequential fire or contact fire through a flip of a switch;
- Tool-free depth adjustment sets nails to desired depths quickly and conveniently; 360˚ adjustable exhaust to direct air away from the user; 360˚ swivel air plug minimizes hose twisting for improved control around work area.
- 🛠️ 【120 PSI Coil nailer】CN55 Coil Nailer is made of industrial-grade motors and parts, siding nailer can provide greater power output. Drive 15° Flat Wire Studs (Length 1"-2-1/4"), Smooth Screw and Ring Shank, Shank Diameter 0.083"-0.91", Head Diameter 0.217"-0.225", Pneumatic , working pressure 70-120 PSI.
- 🛠️ 【10 Times/sec Rapid Fire】Coil Nailer is equipped with a moving cylinder quick-ignition motor, roofing nail gun can provide faster response and low recoil, the coil nailer can be adjusted according to the air pressure, and you can choose sequential or contact actuation launch mode.Comes with an easy-load magazine for easy loading of siding nails. A quick-release nosepiece makes clearing jams easy with the pneumatic stapler.
- 🛠️ 【MAX 400 Nails Loading 】Coil nailer Weight: 5.89lbs ;Size:11.8*11.3*5.2 inches, Siding nail gun is made of durable aluminum alloy, rust-resistant. The PC magazine is made of high-strength material and wear-resistant; the carbide push rod reduces wear; and the large carbide blade on the nose pad provides long-lasting performance.
- 🛠️【Wide Applications Roofing Nailer】: This heavy duty siding nailer is ideal for assembling and repairing pallets, drums, boxes, fencing, crates, general construction applications including siding, decking and sheathing, framing and subfloors. Perfect for the DIY enthusiast tackling home improvement and repair projects.
- 🛠️【Order With Confidence】Any problems after purchasing,please contact us on time, please login your amazon account > Choose Your orders>Find the order ID > Click Contact seller, we will provide you with the most satisfactory service!
- AWARD: Rated the Pro Preferred Nailer for 9 years running (2014 - 2022) by Builder and Developer Magazine
- FASTENERS: Accepts 16º wire coil nails from 1-3/4" - 3" and 15º plastic coil nails from 1-3/4" - 2-1/4"
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 5.7 lbs for easy maneuverability
- SELECTIVE ACTUATION: Allows for quick changes between sequential and contact nailing with the flip of a switch
- EASY LOAD: Side load, tilt bottom magazine for fast and easy reloads
Which Hardie Sider Nail Gun Do I Recommend?
I recommend the following nail guns for hardie sider;
- NuMaX SFR2190 Pneumatic 21degree
- porter-cable 20v Max cordless Brad
- Dewalt DW66C-1R coil siding nailer
- Freeman P4FRNCB Pneumatic nailer kit
- Bostitch N66C coil siding Nailer
The best I can choose from the list is Freeman P4FRFNCB hardie Board Nail gun as it is efficient for heavy duty task for its ability to hold many nails and fair price.
Last update on 2023-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API