DISCLOSURE: TheRuggedRooster.com is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
Houses get worn out with time and require repairs from time to time.
One area that needs maintenance is the hardie siding.
Most people from the US construct their houses from hardie siding board because it is durable and resistant to fire and pest infestation.
I am a lady aged 38 years, married and I have kids.
Sometimes I find it difficult to take care of my family needs and still call for contractors to do home repairs because it is costly.
I have passion to make things with my hands and fix broken things at home including the hardie siding.
For you to fix the hardie siding problem, you need to have the right tools.
One important tool is the nail gun (try a quarter round nail gun). It helps you do the work fast and get pleasing results.
This blog post is to help you choose the best nail gun for hardie siding.
5 Best nail guns to purchase for working with hardie siding
1. NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 degree Full Round Head Framing Nailer
The Numax SFR2190 nail gun is a powerful tool used for nail trimming and other tasks like building a new room.
It is a brand I recommend if you are looking for DIY options, handymen and small scale workers.
- Drives 2 ½ to 3 ½ inch nails
- made of magnesium that has heated-steel parts
- Ergonomic handle for strong grip
- Easy to change the triggers
- Angled-gets into small spaces
- Easy to dissemble parts for cleaning, oiling and adjustment.
Pros of the numax
- It is efficient in nailing trimming tasks.
- It is light weight therefore; efficient for small scale and DIY jobs
- It is reliable as it fits in squeezed spaces
Cons of the NuMax
- The brand is relativey small hence, you will be tired after working for long hours with it.
2. Porter-Cable 20V max cordless brad nailer kit
Portable cable is efficient for introducing the portable belt sander.
I include this nail gun to the list as it is handy when installing nails around the hardie siding.
It is challenging to match codes and get them to reach the place you are repairing.
Almost everyone finds it difficult to move around with a compressor.
- Batttery-powered(20v 4.0Ah reliable battery)
- Efficient in drining nails upto 18-gauge 5/8 to 2 inch size
- Has a hook for belt hanging
Pros of the portable cable
- It is reliable as it uses battery. You can nail 1300 nails before recharging it
- It is pretty-balanced and nice design
- Has led light to illuminate the dark areas
- Good cordless gun
- It is heavy
3. Dewalt DW66C-1R Coil Nail Gun For Hardie siding
Dewalt is common brand used by many DIYers as it holds many nails. It takes both plastic and wire collated nails.
I add this brand to the list as it has the capacity to complete repair without having to reload nails.
- It is air-powered
- 300 nails magazine capacity
- 1 ¼ to 2 ½ wide nail capacity
- adjustable exhaust port
- Reliable as it uses air
- 15 degrees angle magazine
- It is lightweight although it is a coil model
4. Freeman P4FRFNCB Hardie Board Nail Gun
Freeman nailer kit is vital if you are planning for major renovations and installations.
It is handy for DIYers and that is the reason I recommend it on my list. The price is budget friendly.
- 4 different nailers for heavy duty task
- Heavy gauge of 21degrees framing gun(2 to 3 ½ inch nail)
- Has a crown stapler
- It is huge in size
5. BOSTITCH N66C Coil Siding Nailer
It is considered as the oldest brand in the world. I add it to my list as it is convenient for small jobs and light framing such as siding and fencing.
It is best for DIYers seeking for high-quality glue-guns, riveters, nailers and fasteners.
- Pneumatic nailer
- Coil model that holds upto 300 wire or plastic nails
- Adjustable vent
- You will need a compressor to supply pressure
- Fits: (OD 0.697″ to 0.706) Hitachi NV65AH, Max CN565S, Makita AN611, Bostich N66C-1, DeWalt DW66C-1, and Duo-Fast DF225C
- Construction Applications: Designed for siding, cedar shingles, roof and wall sheathing, and wood fencing projects
- Compatible Nails: 15 degree plastic collated coil siding nails from 1-1/4" – 2-1/2", and 15 degree wire collated coil siding nails from 1-3/4" – 2-1/2" (0.09" – 0.113" diameter)
- Built to Last: One piece hardened steel drive blade and anodized aluminum cylinder result in a durable pneumatic tool resistant to damage
- Contact Actuation Firing: Capable of bump firing for speed or single sequential firing for precision
- Fire Lock: Prevents accidental firing for safety when not being used
- SIDING NAILER: Accepts 16º wire collated coil siding nails from 1-1/2" - 2-1/2". Also accepts 15º plastic collated coil siding nails from 1-1/2" - 2-1/4"
- SELECTIVE ACTUATION: Switch between sequential or contact nailing with the simple flip of a switch
- EASY LOAD: Side load, tilt bottom magazine for fast and easy reloads
- FASTENERS: Drives wire and plastic sheet collated siding nails for added flexibility
- NO MAR NOSE CAP: Protects material from accidental marks
- 【Pneumatic 2 In 1 Nail/Staple Gun】 NEU MASTER pneumatic 2 inch 2 in 1 nail gun /staple gun, that drives 18 Gauge Brad Nails 5/8 inch up to 2 inch in length, and drives 1/4” crown staples 5/8 inch up to 1-5/8 inch.Multiple tool-free settings make this nail gun easy to use.
- 【2 IN 1 Nail Gun with Carrying Case】 1000 pcs 18GA free brad nails and staples, includes 400 pcs 2” + 400 pcs 1-1/4” nails, 200 pcs 1/4” narrow crown, 1-1/4" staples. Come with carrying BMC case, safety glasses, lubricating oil bottle, 2 Allen wrenches.
- 【User Friendly Design】Proper setting of nails/staples. 360° rotatable exhaust keep contaminants away from work. Tool-free jam clears jammed nails quickly. A Quick release 100-nails/staples capacity magazine.Sequential style trigger. A nail/staple view window avoid dry fire dent mark left on working surface. A rubber grip handle for comfortbale use experience. Lightweight & durability, easy to carry and have long life.
- 【Easy Adapter】Pneumatic brad gun work with pressure range 60 to 120 psi. Air inlet：1/4 inch NPT. NOTE: An Air Compressor Needed ,But Air Compressor Is Not Sold With The Nail Gun.
- 【Wide Applications】A great ideal for wood working, upholstery Installation, flooring, molding, roofing, picture framing, door and window installation. Perfect for DIY projects ,building pet houses.
- The sliding nail gun drives wire weld and plastic inserted coil nails
- Adjustable depth guide of the siding nailer sets nails to desired depths quickly and conveniently
- The coil siding nailer has a lightweight aluminum design for durability
- Soft rubber foot helps to prevent damage to softer woods
- Tool-free adjustable exhaust conveniently directs exhaust away from the user
Which Hardie Sider Nail Gun Do I Recommend?
I recommend the following nail guns for hardie sider;
- NuMaX SFR2190 Pneumatic 21degree
- porter-cable 20v Max cordless Brad
- Dewalt DW66C-1R coil siding nailer
- Freeman P4FRNCB Pneumatic nailer kit
- Bostitch N66C coil siding Nailer
The best I can choose from the list is Freeman P4FRFNCB hardie Board Nail gun as it is efficient for heavy duty task for its ability to hold many nails and fair price.
Last update on 2023-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API