Most of the baseboards that exist today are essentially made from wood.
Therefore, they are not meant to withstand a lot of punishment during installation.
However, other baseboards are also made from a composite material such as medium density fiberboard (MDF).
If your home has a water intrusion problem, these MDF fiberboards are helpful in such situations because they are resistant to mildew and mold.
If you are looking to install any baseboard in your home, this post has some of the best nails to use.
These list below are the 3 best nails for baseboards I have compiled below should give you a superb finish.
DISCLOSURE: TheRuggedRooster.com is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
1. Qualihome Hardware Nail Assortment
The Qualihome hardware nails are helpful when it comes to baseboard installation.
The nails are made from zinc and brass.
Further, upon purchase, you will get a wide variety of nails you can use for several things and not just baseboard installation (see also the best saws for cutting baseboards)
I chose to include them in my review because they are multipurpose, and they produce long-lasting results.
• Variety of sizes- the nails will suit all your woodwork projects
• High-quality nails- they do not bend easily.
• Perfect for DIY enthusiasts
• They may rust when exposed to a high moisture environment
There is a wide assortment of nails and a strong storage case.
2. Hongway Hardware Nail Assortment
I found Hongway Nails to be made of galvanized nails which are each 12-size.
They are plated with a layer of zinc to prevent corrosion, and this makes them last longer.
• You can use them for general application
• The nails are all zinc plated to prevent corrosion
• It comes with a sturdy plastic box
• They are not as easy to use. Mostly recommended for professionals.
• There are 1500 pieces in the kit. Each kit has 12 different sizes, which are all zinc plated.
3. Edvision Nails Assortment Kit
Edvision Assortment nails are mainly used for hanging pictures (or try picture shelves), wall mounting, and general woodwork.
It also contains different-sized flat nails and brad nails used for numerous home improvement projects and any other carpentry exercise you may want to carry out.
• Made from premium iron material, which is sturdy and sharp
• It has a galvanized surface that provides good corrosion resistance
• Since the nails are made from iron; they are prone to rust.
Each kit has 610 pieces, and they are all brad and flat nails.
- Common applications include interior trim and finishing work
- Smooth shank and small head design make countersinking, filling and finishing easy
- Polished finish offers a decorative appearance
- Using a driver can reduce the risk of damage to your surface
- Do not use in treated lumber or where corrosion is a concern
- - MULTI PURPOSE NAILS: Complete all your woodworking projects at home or at work quickly, efficiently and produce long-lasting results with the quality Qualihome nails and brad assortment kit. Give your projects the professional finish they deserve.
- - CONVENIENT PACKAGING: The nail set includes a very handy kit that allows you to separate them by size, making your job a lot easier. No time will be wasted looking for nails of the right size, making your projects swifter and more professional.
- - VARIETY OF SIZES: The nail set includes nails of many sizes to suit all your woodworking projects and to make your job hassle-free. With 550 nails in every kit, you will have all you need in plenty.
- - BEST QUALITY NAILS: These high quality nails don’t bend unnecessarily when you hammer them in. They are sturdy, straight and sharp enough to make all your tasks effortless and produce very satisfying results.
- - PERFECT FOR DIY ENTHUSIASTS: For those who love nothing more than to use their hands to create beautiful woodworking crafts, the Qualihome quality brad nails deliver professional finishes that will guarantee your projects long lasting durability. Enjoy a completely risk-free purchase with our 100% money-back guarantee. Click ‘Add to Cart’ now!
- Use for trim and fine finishing work
- Polished finish
- Smooth-shank design
- Package Dimensions: 8.89 L x 2.286 H x 3.81 W (centimeters)
- Long life maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the work surface
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work
- Drives 18 gauge nails from 5/8 in. to 2 in. length
- Various Sizes: package includes a variety of sizes of Finishing steel nails suitable for your various projects. nail sizes:35*2.15mm,30*2.15mm,25*2.15mm.
- High Quality Materies:made of carbon steel,the nails are very hard and sharp enough to keep straight when you hammer them in,can be used at various types of materials, including wood and drywall,Suitable for use in most types of concrete walls, brick, plaster and pine.
- Finishing nails with a small head , almost no trace, which protects the integrity of the baseboard.this set of nails can be also used with picture hangers to hang up objects, photo frame, wedding, exhibition painting and etc. also can used for woodworking, fix wall shelves and repair small things, handmade arts or other DIY home improvement projects.
- Galvanized:The surface is Galvanized, more effectively prevent nail corrosion.
- This kit comes with a high quality PP transparent case to store all 280 pieces of your steel nails, with three grids for easy to store and use.
So, What’s The Best Nails To Use On Baseboards?
I have reviewed three of the best nails for baseboards in this post:
- Edvision Nails Assortment Kit
- Qualihome Hardware Nail Assortment
- Hongway Hardware Nail Assortment.
However, my favorite was the Hongway nails since they are all plated with a layer of zinc to prevent rust.
When it comes to baseboards, nails are everything.
You cannot afford to get the wrong nails, especially ones that rust. That will completely ruin their decorative element.
Last update on 2023-03-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API