Baseboards collect a lot of dirt, dings, scuff, and marks during their lifetime.
Depending on the amount of traffic and if you have pets and kids, they may require a touch-up every two to four years.
With the variety of paints for baseboard available on the market, finding the best paint can be difficult.
This is why I’ve created a list of the top three best paints for baseboards below.
Let’s have a look at each of them…
1. BEHR Premium Plus Semi-Gloss Enamel
BEHR Premium Plus Semi-Gloss Enamel is my number one choice for any baseboard work.
This acrylic paint & primer from BEHR contains an antimicrobial agent that makes it a premium quality when it comes to protecting your finish from mold and mildew.
What’s more, it resists moisture, stains, and wear providing exceptional durability and a sleek appearance and can be nailed easily.
1. It is a semi-gloss enamel which gives it a smooth and clean look and its smooth surface makes it easy to clean.
2. The low odour formula makes it a baseboard paint (see best baseboard paint brushes) as well as a primer.
3. It is stain and water-resistant.
• Provides a durable finish
• Resists dirt and grime
• Seals both uncoated and previously painted surfaces
• Has a sleek, radiant sheen
• Is washable
• Some colours require additional coats for complete hide.
• Darker colours need extra dry time between coats
2. VALSPAR Corporation Professional Interior Latex Semi-Gloss
With a generous price tag, VALSPAR interior latex semi-gloss paint delivers a rich, shiny, and high-quality interior with good stain resistance.
Its semi-gloss sheen allows you to beautify your space without spillage or causing a mess.
Worth mentioning is that it has 100% acrylic formula that protects from everyday marks, scuffs, and wear.
1. Sleek, radiant sheen with mold- and mildew-resistant finish
2. Washable – everyday stains wash off with ease.
3. Is certified for ultra-low emissions
4. The built-in primer provides better coverage in little time
5. 100% acrylic latex
• Smooth, washable finish
• Brilliant, shiny appearance
• Its soft, velvety appearance resists dirt and grime
• Is washable
• Superior Rust Protection
• Is not suitable for glass and metal surfaces
3. Rust-Oleum Protective Enamel Paint
One of the oldest and most popular interior paint brands, Rust-Oleum’s protective enamel paint is another favourite of mine.
The paint offers exceptional durability and does a good job of resisting stains and mildew.
You’ll also enjoy the benefits of a low odour paint that comes at a good value.
1. The oil-based solution of this paint makes it highly corrosion-resistant.
2. Is superior in longevity, durability, and coverage.
3. Advanced scrubbability makes it easy to maintain the finish and colour.
4. You can expect zero abrasion and chipping when using the paint.
• Beautiful finish with long-lasting color
• Offers superior coverage
• Is durable
• Bonds well with different types of surfaces
• Not ideal for Over Bare Galvanized Metal or Surfaces
- Use for a variety of indoor and outdoor project surfaces including wood, metal, plaster, masonry or unglazed ceramic
- Water-based acrylic formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Covers up to 120 sq ft and dries to touch in 30 minutes for quick project completion
- Gloss finish provides a fresh new look for surfaces, goes on smoothly and provides excellent hide
- Prior to application sand surfaces with 180/200 grit sandpaper, then wash with a degreaser, allow the surface to dry and apply paint
- Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to the touch in 2-4 hours and covers up to 25 sq. ft.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Satin finish offers a low-sheen look
- Pdl-1, premium decor, 1/2 pt, white, waterborne Gloss enamel, VOC less than 250 grams per Liter
- Adds extra shine to your product
- Manufactured in United States
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Durable finish
- Contains Spackle, Primer, Putty Knife, Sanding Pad
- Everything you need to complete small repairs
- Great for filling nail holes
- Use it for a variety of projects at home
- Stores paint inside
- Fabric roller provides consistent finish without leaving brush marks
- For all Latex paint
- 30% faster project time
So what’s the best paint for baseboards?
My top recommendation is BEHR Premium Plus Semi-Gloss Enamel.
However any of the three paints reviewed above are some of the best paints for baseboards you can get on the market.
Not only do they offer a smooth and high gloss finish to your baseboards, but they are also easy to clean and are mildew-resistant.
Last update on 2023-08-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API