Baseboard installation covers multiple preparations like planning, measuring, cutting, fine-tuning, installation, painting, caulking, and many others.
In this post, I will review the must-have baseboard tools.
Listed below are the top baseboard tools you require for a successful baseboard installation.
1. Measuring Tape
A tape measure gives you incredible functionality and agility when measuring the walls and baseboards.
Although a measuring laser is accurate and convenient, it cannot work in tight corners.
Still, it cannot double-check your board’s length.
This tool simplifies trim installation around bullnose, rounded corners.
It creates marks on the baseboard or wall for clean mitre cuts around the bullnose corners.
In my opinion, you need to have this tool if you have over three bullnose corners in your project.
3. Carpenter’s Pencil
Although you can substitute this tool with other pens, nothing exceeds the benefits offered by a carpenter’s pencil.
You can also use any other pencil.
You will use a pencil to apply marks and measurements on the studs, baseboards, walls or even make notes and calculations.
Before you start any carpentry project, ensure you have a piece of paper and pencil.
4. Compound Mitre Saw
A compound mitre saw is one of the essential baseboard cutting tools.
Other mitre saws you can use include sliding mitre saw, chop saw, and dual compound mitre saw.
Merely put, a mitre is a joint between two wood pieces.
As you install your baseboard, you will have several mitres for outside corners, inside corners, 135-degree angles, and bullnose corners.
As a result, you need a compound mitre saw to perform all the standard and tricky cuts.
The other types of mitre saws described above are perfect for wide or tall baseboards.
5. Coping Saw
A coping saw is intended to assist you to cope baseboards to provide a seamless and pleasant transition.
You will require it when coping baseboard with shapes, profiles and curvature.
Remember that carpenters use a combination of mitre saw, sanding paper and files to get a perfect cope.
Coping entails creating cuts or a couple of cuts to create a beautiful profile shape on the baseboard.
You will use sanding paper at some time in your project. It cleans up the mitre cuts, fixes loose baseboard fragments and snags to prepare the pieces for painting.
Nailsets come in handy if you plan to use a hammer to install the baseboard nails.
In general, nail sets will help you set the nails beneath the surface of the baseboard, so you can stain, paint or cover them.
Still, you can use them with air nailers when things get out of hand.
It’s worth noting they are available in different sizes based on your nail head’s size.
A hammer is a must-have tool when installing baseboards.
It can help you install or remove baseboards.
The other thing is you can use it to hammer in nails that fail to get into the wall properly or pry baseboards from the wall.
Hammers might also be helpful in temporary scenarios like striking away the excess drywall.
9. Caulking Gun
Ideally, you will have a small gap between the wall and the installed baseboard.
Based on how large or small the hole is, it will help if you apply a bead of caulk in the space.
- TOILET BOWL CLEANER: Clean and disinfect with Clorox ToiletWand refills that kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses while leaving your toilet sparkling clean
- DISPOSABLE SPONGES: These toilet scrub pad refill heads click onto the ToiletWand to swish, scrub and clean the toilet bowl and conveniently pop off to throw in the trash.Keep off of clothing
- DISINFECTING CLEANER: Preloaded with Clorox cleaner, these disposable scrubbing pads deep clean and remove stains while eliminating germs to make your toilet bowl feel like new
- BATHROOM CLEANING PRODUCTS: These ToiletWand refills with Clorox cleaner are the perfect addition to your cleaning supplies – this all-in-1 bathroom household cleaner eliminates the need to carry around a bottle of cleaner and germ-ridden toilet brush
- TOILET SCRUBBER: The hexagon shaped sponge heads clean in hard to reach places under the bowl rim and drain for a deeper and faster clean to remove rust, calcium and lime stains
- This 2-in-1 tool is both a Sweeper and a mop. Yep, you can add versatility to your cleaning routine by using the Sweeper with either Dry or Wet cloths
- 90% More Refills vs standard Sweeper Starter Kit pack
- Assembling your Sweeper is easy. Simply click the poles together. Wrap the cloth under the Sweeper head and poke the flaps into each corner gripper to keep it in place. After cleaning, you just remove the dirty cloth and toss it. Ta-dah.
- Safe on all floor types, so you can use it on tile, hardwood, and vinyl flooring. Note: Do not use Swiffer Sweeper wet mopping cloths on unfinished, oiled or waxed wooden boards, non-sealed tiles or carpeted floors because they may be water sensitive
- Who’s got time to move furniture. Sweeper’s swivel head easily gets into tight corners, under furniture and behind bathroom fixtures
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
- CONTINUOUSLY CLEAN WATER: O-Cedar's EasyWring RinseClean Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System highlights our patented dual-chamber bucket technology which features separated clean and dirty water tanks, making it easy to continuously mop with clean water! It is safe on all hard floor surfaces, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl and more.
- REMOVES 99% OF BACTERIA WITH JUST WATER: Our microfiber mops provide deep-cleaning solution for all your home and floor cleaning needs by effectively removing dirt, grime and 99% of bacteria with just water!
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: The foot-activated spinning wringer allows for hands-free wringing and controlled water release. No more bending over or wet hands!
- WASHABLE & REUSABLE REFILLS: The EasyWring RinseClean Microfiber Mop Head can be machine washed and reused, saving you cleaning time and money! Keep an extra refill handy for the next mess.
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Triangular mop head allows for better corner cleaning in addition to its 360 degree rotation which helps for mopping underneath furniture.
- ULTRA SOFT MATERIAL & SCRATCH FREE - Ultra soft and highly absorbent microfiber cleaning cloths, great for cleaning windows, kitchenware, car or other delicate surfaces.
- ABSORBENT & LINT FREE - Made of 85% Polyester, 15% Nylon. These non-abrasive cleaning rags can soak up water from the countertop and tables instantly and without lint or streaks left behind. Clean with or without water, from worktops, appliances to kitchens, bathrooms, mirrors etc, they will make your house sparkling.
- TACKLE VERSATILE CLEANING JOBS - These premium microfiber towels are also perfect dish rags which don't smell, removes grease and particles from microwave oven, plates, pots or pans effortlessly. Not only that, you will be amazed they are also terrific duster that removes fingertips from silverware and glasses easily and leaves your kitchen spotless.
- REUSABLE & LONG LASTING - These microfiber towels feature high quality stitching with reinforced edges, they are durable and made to last hundreds of washings. They are lightweight, super absorbent and dry quickly, use them everyday to enjoy your cleaning.
- MR.SIGA's mission: Make your housework easier, and make the world cleaner. Should you have any questions about the product or after-sale service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here for support and advice!
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free wringing while Splash Guard keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or when transporting the bucket from room to room
- MACHINE WASHABLE: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable! We recommend replacing the mop head refill every 3 months for optimal floor cleaning results
- DEEP CLEANING MICROFIBER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System uses millions of strands of advanced microfiber to effectively capture dirt and grime with just plain water, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals. Safe for all hard flooring, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl and more.
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Due to the patented triangle mop-head and ability to rotate 360 degrees, the EasyWring Mop can reach and clean deep into corners, under furniture, alongside baseboards, and between tile.
- 1 REFILL = 3 MONTHS OF CLEANING: This offer includes 1 EasyWring Refill, and each EasyWring Microfiber Refill lasts up to 3 months! Save time and money with longer-lasting mop head replacements
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Durable scrubber is 4X Stronger* with DURAFOAM. *Cleaning performance vs. the leading all-purpose bleach spray
- This cleaning scrubber is tough on dirt, all around the house! Surface cleaner, wall cleaner, bathtub cleaner, oven door cleaner, erases marks on light switches, doors & much more!
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser provides a powerful clean with water alone
- No Harsh chemicals added
- Magic Erasers are also available in Bath, Kitchen, and Original form
- Paint Brush Set Includes 1 Ea of 1" Flat, 1-1/2" Angle, 2" Stubby Angle, 2" Flat & 2-1/2" Angle
- Paint Brushes For Interior Or Exterior Projects. Use Angle Sash Paint Brush For Cutting Crisp Lines.
- Professional Results On Walls, Trim, Cabinets, Doors, Fences, Decks, Touch Ups, Arts And Crafts.
- Premium Quality Paint Brushes At A Cheap Price! No Cardboard Covers Come With This Set.
- The SRT filament blend holds more paint to save time, less streaks & premium finish on walls & trim.
- Toilet Cleaning system: Add this toilet bowl Cleaner to your cleaning supplies includes 1 toilet wand, 1 storage Caddy, 6 original disposable refills plus 10 Rainforest rush scented refills that kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses; packaging may vary
- Disposable sponges: These toilet scrub pad refill heads click onto the toilet wand to Swish, scrub and clean The toilet bowl and conveniently pop off to throw in the trash.The Clorox ToiletWand System is designed for use in any toilet type, including low-flow models
- Disinfecting cleaner: Preloaded with Clorox cleaner, these disposable scrubbing pads deep clean and remove stains while eliminating germs to make your toilet bowl feel like New. Concentrated or Ready to Use: Ready to use
- Bathroom cleaning products: Eliminate the need to store a dirty, germ-ridden toilet brush with the convenient caddy that stores your toilet wand and refill heads for an all-in-1 bathroom household cleaner
- Toilet scrubber: The hexagon shaped sponge heads clean in hard to reach places under the bowl rim and drain for a deeper and faster clean to remove rust, calcium and lime stains
- Ideal for scrubbing pots, pans dishes and more
- Durable nylon bristles easily scrub away food, stains and dirt
- Safe for use on non-stick surfaces
- Built-in scraper removes baked-on spots
- Dishwasher safe
So, What Are The Essential Tools For Installing Baseboards?
Here are the 9 required baseboard tools…
- Measuring tape
- Bullnose Corner Gauge
- Carpenters Pencil
- Compound Metre Saw
- Coping Saw
- Caulking Gun
When it comes to essential baseboard tools, you should stay away from tools you cannot efficiently operate.
Some tools are dangerous, and using them with minimal experience can lead to deadly injuries.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API