Many opportunities open up when you have an excellent lathe mill combo in your store. The opportunities will increase depending on the training in operating the machine.
When carrying out a task, you need to switch from one machine to another, hence wasting time and fatigue. You have to make some changes from the beginning if minor adjustments are left.
As you set, you get bored and tired. The excitement of creating something gets carried away due to the tiresome process.
You need to find a lathe mill combo machine to solve these problems. This machine saves you time and energy as it is multipurpose.
Below we will discuss some of the best lathe mill combo machines you may choose.
1. Proxxon 34104 Mill/Drill Head PF 230
If you are looking for the best and cost-effective lathe combo mill machine, you need to look further than Proxxon 34104 mill. Compared to other lathe machines, it is easy to use; thus, there is no need for a professional during its operation.
The machine cuts smoothly and precisely as it has a speed variation of two hundred and eighty to one thousand five hundred RPM. Its maximum speed is two thousand two RPM.
- Speed – 280 – 550 – 870 – 1200 – 1500 – 2200 rpm
- Dimension – 13.39 X 9.84 X 8.66
- Weight – 17.75 lbs.
- Longitudinal travel with X-Y and cross-wise, respectively
- Three collects – sizes 15/64’’ – 5/16’’ and 25/16’’ (6,8,10mm)
- Offer powerful torque through the poly v belt
- Allows you to work with amazing precision
- Functions as a table
- Collects are present
- High torque provided by poly V belt
- Fit in the 34004 Proxxon lathes
- No universal drill chuck present
Why I Choose the Proxxon 34104 Mill/Drill Head PF 230
It is because the price is user-friendly, and your run-of-the-mill lathe machine is converted into beasts by the drill heads. The range of mounting is wide for the drill heads. You can set the machine any time that is convenient for you.
2. Baileigh Mld-1030 Mill Drill Lathe
For more than twenty years, the Baileigh manufacturers have been in the market, keeping a strong recording of the production of lathe mill combos.
The body is made with metal to ensure the durability of the machine. This mill drill lathe machine is the best if you are for a machine with many adaptabilities.
The Rpm of the machine can be adjusted from Five hundred to two thousand to ensure cutting at optimal pace is precise.
- Weight – 429 lbs.
- Size – 69 x 44 x 55 inches
- Motor – 1 hp
- Lathe capacity – 28.5’’
- Mill capacity – 7/8’
- Functions of three different machines can be carried out
- It Allows adjustments of rotation speed
- Designed to be rugged and durable
- Leaves free space as it features a small space-saving size
- Well built
- Compact in size
- Digital readings
- Not easy to set up
Why I Choose the Baileigh MLD-1030
It has a range of features, and it is cheap. It also provides precise results and can you can perform your tasks comfortably.
3. Grizzly Industrial Combination Gunsmithing Lathe
What is good about this machine is that it can handle any task, whether small or heavy-duty. It can also be used to perform gunsmithing.
The machine is compact, ergonomic, and fairly built to ensure that your work experience is smooth. The lever controls in this machine are easy to control.
- Motor – 2hp
- Tail travel – 4.’’
- Distance between centers – 36’’
- Maximum distance to work table – 12’’
- Mill spindle taper – R-8
- Spindle speeds – 70, 200, 220, 270, 360, 600, 800, 1000, 1400 RPM
- Lathe spindle bore – 1.57’’ (39.87mm)
- 12’’ swing over bed and swing over saddle – 11-5/16’’
• Has efficient Led work light
• Has On/ off reverse switch on the carriage
• Cast iron with extended base
• Has chip tray and splash guard included
• Has 9-3/4’’ x 5-7/8’’ table with T-slots
- Ideal for the professionals
- The rotary device is excellent
- It is used for a lot of tasks that require force
- Long shelf life
- No drawbacks
Why I Choose the Grizzly Industrial Combination Gunsmithing Lathe
The reason for choosing it is because of its compactness and versatility. It also has many features for tasks such as drilling, chambering, milling, turning, facing, or boring; hence your work is made easier.
So, What Is the Best Lathe Combo Mill Machine?
Here are some of the 3 best lathe combo mills you can choose;
- Proxxon 34104 Mill/drill head PF 230
- Baileigh MLD-1030 Mill Drill Lathe
- Grizzly industrial combination gunsmithing lathe
Among the three lathe combo mills, the grizzly industrial combination gunsmithing lathe would be the best because of its many features.