DISCLOSURE: TheRuggedRooster.com is reader supported so if you buy any products featured on this site I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my full disclosure here.
A sander is a tool used for smoothening wood, plastic, or metal surfaces. It can also be used to roughen surfaces for finishing preparations.
From this blog, you will learn about the best sanders you can use on hardwood floors.
Among them are;
- WEN 6502T 4.3-Amp 4*36 in. Belt and 6 in. Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base
- DEWALT Random Orbit Sander 5-Inch (DWE6421)
- Random Orbit Sander, Ginour 300W Orbit Sander, 5-Inch Hand Sander 13000 OPM 6 Variable Speed Electric Palm Sander with Dust Box 15 PCS Sandpaper & Sponge, Wool Disc, Sander for Woodworking
WEN 6502T 4.3-Amp 4*36 in. Belt and 6 in. Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base
This sander easily sands, smoothens, and removes all rough edges on your wood.
It is a two-in-one sanding machine with a belt and an inch disc. Belts are used for tilting up to ninety degrees to accommodate any particular workpiece. Its base is made up of iron which prevents any vibrations that may destroy the sander.
It also has a tension release lever that helps in changes between sandpaper grits. It would help if you were cautious while inputting power because too much power can cause the breakdown of the sander when working on a big load.
- It has a cast iron base that prevents shaking to ensure the sander stays in one place.
- It has an adjustable belt depending on the need of your work.
- You can attach your favorite dust collector that helps minimize sawdust in your working area.
- It is of excellent quality and a very powerful tool.
- It’s very expensive
- The heavy-duty cast iron base makes it very heavy, which increases hand fatigue
It is a quality tool and also powerful; hence it can last for very long.
DEWALT Random Orbit Sander 5-Inch (DWE6421)
This is a mid-range priced sander used to smoothen up surfaces. It has a separate counterweight design that reduces vibration and improves comfort while using the electric sander.
It has a short height in hand, which allows you to be close to the working area. It has many parts covered with rubber to prevent vibration of the sander.
It also has an improved dust-sealed switch for protecting dust ingestion to make the switch last longer.
The pros of this sander are;
- Has dust-sealed switches which help in increased life for the tool
- Has a rubber molded over the handle for comfortability when using the tool and to reduce vibrations.
- It has a shorter design to help you get closer to the working surface.
- It’s expensive to buy
- When more power is used with it, it might end up damaging the tool and the workplace
- It’s circular; hence it’s hard to work in corners or tight places.
- They mostly exist in one design; hence you may want different designs.
This sander is the best for comfortability because of its short design, which makes you get closer to the working area hence reducing fatigue.
Random Orbit Sander, Ginour 300W Orbit Sander, 5-Inch Hand Sander 13000 OPM 6 Variable Speed Electric Palm Sander with Dust Box 15 PCS Sandpaper & Sponge, Wool Disc, Sander for Woodworking
This sander is used for sanding, smoothing, removing paint, stains, and polish from wood surfaces. It has a high-performance Orbital that provides up to 13,000 rotations per minute to ensure all your sanding needs are met.
It also has an extensive surface, making it easy to sand a large area quickly. It has a rubber grip design to prevent your hand from fatiguing.
The rubber material also prevents a lot of vibrations and lowers noise to help you focus on your work. It’s also easy to change sandpaper.
It has a transparent dust collection box, making it easy for you to see as the dust accumulates to avoid clogging.
- It is easy to replace the sandpaper
- It has a large diameter which makes it sand a large area at once
- It has a powerful motor orbit that makes a lot of rotation per minute hence convenient for speed
- It’s very cheap
- It may take a lot of your time since after turning on the sander, you have to let it for some time to reach full speed before beginning your work.
- You can’t use it for polishing the wall because it can cause the sander to smoke
- You can’t press hard when using this sander to polish
This sander is the best since it’s the cheapest and fast compared to the others mentioned above.
So, what are the three best sanders for hardwood floors? My top 3 picks are the Random Orbit Sander, the DEWALT Random Orbit Sander 5-Inch, and the WEN 6502T 4.3-AMP 4*36 in. Disc Sander with Cast Iron Base.
If I had to pick just 1 it would be Random Orbit Sander since it’s the cheapest and it’s fast in that it has a larger surface; hence it is easy to sand a large area within a short time.