While at home, having a suitable adhesive is essential for everyday living.
Loctite and gorilla glue are two of the leading adhesives in the industry currently.
Both of these companies have been around for a long time, and they both make great glue.
However, each of these glues has its differences, and this post will highlight some differences, pros, and cons for each one.
Hopefully, if you are at home and want to fix something up, this post will come in handy.
Application of these glues can be done even by an amateur. Therefore, you must not be a professional to use them.
However, keep these adhesives away from the reach of children.
They are both strong and can cause severe damage when in the wrong hands.
Here is what I have compiled over time about the Gorilla Glue and the Loctite Glue:
It was founded in 1956 with the aim of thread-locking adhesives.
Since its inception, it has expanded to a wide variety of niches. It is used by people in industries as well as those who use it for hobbies.
The Loctite glue works best on plastic surfaces.
It is used to mend them and will produce quality and long-lasting results.
Its main areas of use are in the adhesive and sealant markets.
Pros of Loctite Glue
• Works best on plastic surfaces
• One of the best thread-locking adhesive in the market today
• You can use it on almost any area of application
Cons of Loctite Glue
• The manufacturers only make it as a water-resistant glue
• It is not idyllic on wood
The Gorilla Glue company was established in 1994.
It was initially established to sell polyurethane glue commonly used in the furniture industry and the hobby market.
Fast forward, as the years progressed, it has expanded its reach into a broad range of other markets.
However, the furniture industry’s is where the polyurethane glue fits best.
Pros of Gorilla Glue
• Works great on wood/ wooden surfaces
• It can bond any material
• Some of the Gorilla Glues are known to be waterproof
Cons of Gorilla Glue
• It does not do well on plastic
• It does not do well on metal/ metallic surfaces
Key Differences Between Loctite vs Gorilla Glue
The Gorilla Glue is made with polyurethane. That makes it the best adhesive which you can use on all wooden surfaces.
Upon inception, the Gorilla Glue first targeted the wood industry, and that is why it works so well on wood.
Gorilla Glue also will not stain wood, it will dry clear, and it is much stronger than the Loctite glue.
Thus, if you need glue for wood, get the Gorilla Glue.
The Loctite Glue works best on plastic.
However, in my own experience, I have discovered that not many types of glue in the market work well on plastic.
That is why the Loctite Glue is handy in such situations.
With Loctite, you can be able to bond containers, plastic tubing, and many more surfaces.
Therefore, if you are in the market for glue that works well on plastic, choose the Loctite Glue.
Which is the best glue, Loctite or Gorilla?
If I were to choose between these two manufacturers, I would side with the Gorilla Glue.
That is because it is more potent than Loctite in many aspects.
As much as it does not do well on plastic, you can use it regardless.
It also lasts for a more extended period than the Loctite and will thus provide lasting results.
- GEL FORMULA: No run control gel formula that is great for use on vertical surfaces
- ANTI CLOG CAP: Helps keep the glue from drying out. It's Gorilla tough use after use.
- IMPACT TOUGH: Specially formulated for increased impact resistance and strength
- FAST-SETTING: Dries in 10-45 seconds. No clamping required.
- VERSATILE: Bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more. Not recommended for use on polyethylene or polypropylene plastic or similar materials.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL TAPE】- Made from the latest acrylic-gel material, our transparent double-sided adhesive tape is incredibly strong,durable,Easy to Install,No Tools Required,Instant Bonding does not require curing or drying stage.This super adhesive tape works perfectly in temperatures range from 0℉ to 200℉.
- 【REMOVABLE & REUSABLE & TRACELESS】- The removable double-sided tape leaves no residue, easy to remove and will not damage surfaces.Wash it with water and dry it to regain its stickiness when you need to reuse the tape. Please Note: it is not recommended to use it on unstable Paint Walls，our tape is very sticky,avoid causing the wall surfaces to fall off when removing tape.
- 【EASY TO USE】- Size: length 9.85 Feet ,width 3.0cm(1.18in) ,thickness 0.07in.Strong Holding Power: Holds up to 18 pounds on smooth surfaces (1.2 pounds per 4 inches). It can be easily cut to any size or length you require.All you need to do is to stick the tape to the surface of the item.
- 【Versatile Uses Meet all Your Needs】- This double sided tape will stick to almost anything with a smooth surface so you can stick anything anywhere.You can use it to fix or paste items such as pictures,photos,frames,wall stickers,posters,hooks,shelves,phone holders,carpets,flowerpots,power sockets,decorations, DIY items… Good performance in both indoor and outdoor.
- 【Double-Sided Tape Is an Essential for Your Daily Life】- Our tape has undergone strict quality testing. This sticky transparent tape can be used for a variety of purposes,it will bring great convenience to your life!
- Advanced formula prevents loosening of metal fasteners caused by vibrations
- Protective design protects threads from rusting and corroding
- Medium-strength allows nuts and bolts to be removed with hand tools
- Locks and seals threaded fasteners that require disassembly
- SEALS OUT WATER, AIR & MOISTURE
- 30 MINUTE WATER READY
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR: All Weather
- 100% WATERPROOF - MOLD & MILDEW RESISTANT
- WON’T YELLOW, SHRINK OR CRACK
- Use for sealing or repairing door frames, windows, vents, toys, appliances, gaskets, weather-stripping, outside of fireplace doors, shoes and boots
- Bonds ABS, glass, ceramic, porcelain, wood, aluminum, stainless steel, cultured marble, fiberglass, granite, vinyl tile, some rubbers and plastics
- Aquarium safe
- No cracking, peeling or shrinking
- 2. 7 oz.
Gorilla Glue vs Loctite
Both of these adhesives are great in their areas of application.
The Gorilla Glue does well on wood, while the Loctite will do well on plastic surfaces.
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API