If you don't want to shell out a fortune for renovation then peel and stick roofing may be the answer to your problems, although of course always consult an expert before you take any action!
A handful of the benefits include...
As it's self adhesive there's no nailing which reduces labour and the rolls can be installed by one man instead of a team as it's a one step process.
Provides A Barrier To Prevent Moisture
As there's no nail holes or wrinkles there's less places for moisture to gather.
If there's ridges and dips in the roof peel and stick can be easily worked around it compared to standard roofing (and used in combination with peel and stick wallpaper).
Here are the best peel and stick roofing available...
10 Top Peel and Stick Roofing Options
- The product is manufactured in united states
- Brand name: Mfm Building Product
- Model number: 50W36
- Country of Origin: United States
- Sticks to almost any surface and is secure and waterproof seal
- Can be used on RVs and Trailer homes
- Works on low slope and low pitch roofs
- Length of Each Roll: 33ft. 6in.
- Thickness of each roll is 45 mills
- Watertight asphalt to asphalt lap system
- All temperature performance (-40 degree F to 240 degree F)
- Up to 6 months UV exposure rating
- Patented SURE-FOOT slip resistant technology
- Length Per Roll: 72. Width Per Roll: 36”. Weight Per Roll: 48 lbs. Roll Size: 2 sq. Minimum Thickness: 45 mils
- The product is manufactured in united states
- Aggressively sticks to most surfaces
- Easy to install, low cost and labor saving
- Stretches to allow for building movement and conforms to odd shapes
- Thinner & More Aggressive than the Original MFM Peel & Seal
- Roll Length: 50ft. Roll Thickness: 25 mils Area per Carton: 150 square feet Carton Weight: 33 lbs Color: White
- Self - stick - Aluminum
- 40-Mil. Thickness
- Size In. x Ft.=9 x 33-1/2
- 45 mil Liner: The Most Popular Material for New And Re-Roof, Low Slope, Roofing Applications
- Outstanding Durability And Low Life Cycle Cost Means Excellent Value
- Easily Contours to Unusual Roof Shapes. Perfect for Do-It-Yourself Homeowners or Roofing Contractors
- Flexible Material Allows Design Versitility and Easy Installation
- NOTE: If using for a deck or a roof, make sure you order a liner size slightly larger than your dimensional needs. We don't want to sell you more than you need, but getting an EXACT size will not be sufficient to cover your deck or roof correctly.
- Perforated No Tear Commercial / Industrial Grade
- 500sqft (4ft x 125ft) Perforated Breatheable Radiant Barrier
- HIGHLY REFLECTIVE: Double-sided and tear-resistant, our foil’s material is highly reflective to reflect radiant heat rather than absorb it. The industrialized strength foil is remarkably thin to the touch. It is designed to withstand heavy handling without tearing, puncturing, or overly wrinkling. Cuts easily with utility scissors so you can install it properly with ease with no special tools or protective equipment required.
- ASTM COMPLIANT: Meets the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) fire and smoke safety requirements of most state and local building codes, as well as the breathability standards for building materials. While primarily used for attic rafters and floors, our radiant foil works well for garages, workshops, storage units, barns, warehouses, and even older multi-storied homes that lack sufficient insulation.
- 90-DAY 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We offer a No Hassle 120-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. If, within the four months, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just let us know and we will refund you all your money.
- Instant waterproof repair
- 100% UV stable
- Self-stick aluminum surface
- Self-seals around screws and fasteners
- Made in the USA
- USE FOR - RV roofs, metal roofs, flat roofs, trailers, campers, mobile homes, gutters, foundations, ponds, planter boxes, basements, skylights, vents, gutters, shower liners and more
- FOR A VARIETY OF MATERIALS - Bonds to a wide range of surfaces including EPDM, metal roofs, tiles, shingles, aluminum, wood, fiberglass, brick, concrete and more
- APPLICATION - Prepare the surface by cleaning and drying, ensuring it's free from anything that would hinder adhesion. Install directly over repair area by rolling or rubbing to activate the bonding process. Adhesion begins immediately
- EASY TO USE - Peel off the plastic backing, press to adhere and coat over with Liquid Rubber Coatings
- COAT LIQUID RUBBER SEAM TAPE WITH: Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant, Liquid Rubber Color Waterproof Sealant, Liquid Rubber RV Roof Coating, Liquid Rubber Foundation Sealant, Liquid Rubber MetalSafe Sealant
Peel and Stick Roofing Features To Look For
- Can withstand UV exposure.
- Air and vapor barrier.
- Will adhere to most surfaces.
- Prevents moisture.
- Self adhesive.
- Flexibility to use in all directions.
Choosing any of these peel and stick roofing options is a good choice as it provides an easier and more flexible roof option (and there's also peel and stick tiles and backsplash options too).
It can also be considerably cheaper too not just for base materials but in labour costs because it can typically be installed by one person rather than 2 or more.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API