Peel and stick wallpaper is a relatively new product in the world of interior design. It has been around for about ten years, but it hasn’t gained popularity until recently.
Some people love it because it’s so easy to install and doesn’t require any glue or paste! Others feel that peel and stick wallpaper looks cheap and tacky.
In this blog post, I will discuss whether or not peel and stick wallpaper works well in different settings, list the pros, cons, and warnings to help you decide if you want to give this type of wallpaper a try or not!
- Peel and stick wallpaper is very easy to install. All you have to do is make sure the surface is clean, peel off one side of the paper, put it on the wall, smooth it out with your hands, and wait 24 hours before putting anything on it. No paste needed! If you make a mistake, you can peel it off and stick it back on!
- Peel and stick wallpaper is the perfect solution for renters who want to jazz up their walls. Since there’s no paste involved, you don’t have to worry about any sticky residue left behind by traditional wallpaper.
- It’s relatively inexpensive compared to other types of wallpaper.
- Peel and stick wallpaper is available in a wide variety of designs so you can find the perfect one for your space. This is from simple stripe patterns to more intricate designs with flowers, animals, or geometric shapes. In fact, you can find the look of real wallpaper without having to shell out hundreds for a designer pattern!
- Peel and sticky wallpaper are easy to remove if you get tired of it or want to change it up. This is a huge plus if you’re renting because you can easily take it down when you move out.
- Who doesn’t love saving money? If well removed, peel and stick wallpaper can be easily reused, so no need to buy a new paper every time you redecorate! It’s also great for renters who are looking for an affordable way to decorate their walls.
- Since most peel and stick wallpaper comes in a large roll, you don’t have to deal with splicing or spending a lot for a custom order. This is especially beneficial if your space is smaller.
- Peel and stick wallpaper is not as durable as traditional wallpaper. It’s prone to tearing and fading over time.
- It can be challenging to get the hang of at first. You have to be really careful when peeling off the paper and putting it on the wall so that you don’t get any air bubbles.
- It’s not as versatile as traditional wallpaper. You can’t use it in high moisture areas or around fireplaces because the adhesive will not hold up.
- Peel and stick wallpaper can be a bit tricky to remove if you make a mistake. Make sure you don’t put it up too high or in a place where it would be difficult to take down if the paper fails!
- Peel and stick wallpaper is not as easily customizable as traditional wallpaper. It’s hard to cut it because once you stick it on the wall, that’s pretty much it.
- Some people feel that peel and stick wallpaper looks cheap and tacky. It’s not as elegant as traditional wallpaper and doesn’t have the same finish.
- If not removed slowly and correctly, the adhesive from peel and stick wallpaper can damage the wall. I have personally experienced this when I was trying to remove it from my ceiling.
- Make sure the surface you are putting the wallpaper on is clean and dry. The adhesive will not stick to a dusty or wet wall.
- Do not put peel and stick wallpaper in high moisture areas such as bathrooms or around fireplaces. The adhesive will not hold up in these environments.
- Make sure you read the instructions carefully before installing the wallpaper. There are specific instructions for each type of wallpaper, and not following them could result in an unsuccessful installation.
- If you are not happy with the results, peel and stick wallpaper is removable, but it can be a bit tricky to take down. Make sure you don’t put it up in a place where it would be difficult to take down if you need to.
- Peel and stick wallpaper does not have the same finish as traditional wallpaper. Some people find the look to be cheap and tacky.
So, does peel and stick wallpaper work? The answer is yes and no. It depends on what you’re looking for in a wallpaper!
If you want something that is easy to install, affordable and comes in a wide variety of designs, peel and stick wallpaper is a great option.
However, if you want something more durable and versatile, traditional wallpaper may be a better choice. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what type of wallpaper is best for your space!