Let’s say that you have chosen to paint the cabinets in your house all by yourself.
You have done your homework about the best cabinet paints to use.
However, you were left to decide between Rustoleum or Nuvo cabinet paint because both of them are great and quite identical.
Well, if you belong to the group of people who find it difficult to choose between the two paints, then you are in the right place.
In this article, I will guide you through them and explain which one is better and perfectly suits your needs. Let me dive in…
Nuvo cabinet paint
This is a self-leveling makeover kit that comes with all the important tools for painting.
More so, it can be used on several cabinet surfaces.
It is friendly for newbies because it does not need much prepping before painting.
You don’t have to strip, sand, or remove the kitchen cabinet doors before you start painting.
The paint can cover 100 square feet which should be adequate to entirely paint your cabinets.
Furthermore, the Nuvo kit comes with two cans of self-leveling colors that are simple to use and offer you a wide range of color options to pick from.
If you didn’t know, a self-leveling brush does not leave behind any brush marks because it flattens itself during painting thus giving it a clean look.
Unlike the other types of paints, when you use Nuvo paint, there is no need to apply a finishing or top coating.
In addition, its color is very durable.
The kit comes with the other necessary tools such as a paintbrush, roller cover, and roller arm.
- Simple and convenient to use.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- The self-leveling paint is quite practical.
- No prepping is required before painting.
- A bit expensive.
- The roller covers are not that good – you should consider different roller covers.
- CLASSIC COLORS: Washable Kids’ Paint in six different colors: blue, violet, green, red, yellow, orange. Crayola Washable Kids' Paint does not drip readily from brushes & does not separate, making it freeze-thaw stable & assuring consistent performance.
- AT HOME CRAFTS & INDOOR ACTIVITIES: Keep spirits high with creative art supplies! Simple and fun crafts for kids are a great way to stay thoughtfully engaged and entertained.
- WASHABLE COLORS: From washable markers & washable gel pens to washable crayons & washable paints, we'll help keep your creative kid clean & creative with products that easily wash from children's skin and most washable clothing.
- CRAYOLA PAINTS are perfect for use at-home or in the classroom. Our non-toxic formulas make them safe for artists of all ages. Our Crayola Kids’ Paints & paint sets are available in tempera, glitter, neon, watercolor, and good, old-fashioned fingerpaints!
- WORRY-FREE PAINTING: Crayola Washable Kids Paint is perfect for introducing young children to painting. Learning to paint can help children improve fine motor skills, and the blendable colors help young children learn colors and mix secondary colors.
Rust-Oleum cabinet paint
Do you have reasonable experience in cabinet painting and would like a more professional appearance on your kitchen cabinets?
If so, then the Rust-Oleum transformation kit is the most appropriate option for you.
This makeover kit comes with all you need to achieve the intended appearance of your cabinet.
Thus, you can use it on metal, wood-melamine, and laminate-cabinetry.
The paint can cover about 102 square feet of cabinet area, which should be more than enough for most cabinets.
Furthermore, this kit comes with decorative glaze, deglosser, glazing cloth, protective top coat, stir sticks, scrub pads, a DVD, and the instruction manual.
- Ideal for use on interior/exterior surfaces including wood, plastic, plaster, metal, masonry and unglazed ceramic
- Oil-based formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Dries to touch in 20 minutes and covers up to 12 sq. ft. per can
- Durable formula provides excellent hide and goes on smoothly
- Flat finish helps hide surface imperfections
- Contains all you need for professional paint.
- Highly durable.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors.
- Does not need sanding or stripping.
- Complicated to use.
- Does not come with paint rollers or brushes.
- Paint Brush Set Includes 1 Ea of 1" Flat, 1-1/2" Angle, 2" Stubby Angle, 2" Flat & 2-1/2" Angle
- Paint Brushes For Interior Or Exterior Projects. Use Angle Sash Paint Brush For Cutting Crisp Lines.
- Professional Results On Walls, Trim, Cabinets, Doors, Fences, Decks, Touch Ups, Arts And Crafts.
- Premium Quality Paint Brushes At A Cheap Price! No Cardboard Covers Come With This Set.
- The SRT filament blend holds more paint to save time, less streaks & premium finish on walls & trim.
- COMPREHENSIVE SET: Package includes 11 piece: Tray, Roller Frame (9"), 2 Roller Covers (9"x1/2"), Roller Frame (4"), 2 Roller Covers (4"x1/2"), 2" Angel Paint Brush, High Density Foam Brush
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY: This paint tray set is high quality intended to be long lasting and easy to clean. Exceptional ability to get the job done quickly with a superior finish.
- THICK FILAMENTS AND NAP: The synthetic filaments in the paint brush are designed to hold more paint to save you time and give you the finish you are looking for. The Naps for the paint rollers are 1/2 inch thick, perfect for painting the house. Filaments and Naps are durable and long-lasting.
- AFFORDABLE: Don't waste your money on paint trays that will last you a hour. This high quality set is for perfectionist and money savers. The value you get in this Paint Tray set is unbelievable for the price.
- ANYONE CAN USE: It doesn't matter whether you are a professional or a beginner, the Paint roller, tray, naps, and brushes are great for any user.
- Premium Chalk Finish Paint Wax - Odorless, non-hazardous, and water-resistant sealing wax; available in a variety of colors
- Soft consistency and easy to apply: highlight texture and moldings and create custom finishes
- Creates a durable matte (flat) finish or it can be buffed to add a subtle sheen
- Apply to painted surface or directly on raw wood with a Jolie Wax Brush
- For best results, always apply Clear Finishing Wax to your piece before applying colored Finishing Waxes
- Use on a variety of interior surfaces like wood, metal, ceramic, canvas and easily distress to create a vintage look
- Low-odor, latex formula allows for easy clean up with soap and water
- Dries to the touch in just 30 minutes and covers up to 150 sq. ft.; one-coat coverage allows projects to be completed easily
- Excellent adhesion and easy application with minimal prep
- Dries to an ultra-matte velvety, smooth finish
- Can be used on wood, wicker, plaster, paper mache, resins, painted china, pre-primed metal, pie cones, jewelry, bisque and artificial flowers
- Goes on smoothly with no stroke marks
- Because it is extra thick, only one coat is needed for most surfaces
- Finish adds the illusion of depth
What’s Better, Nuvo Cabinet Paint vs Rustoleum?
So, these are the differences and benefits of Nuvo and Rustoleum makeover paints.
The main point is if you’re a newbie or you’re looking for a convenient paint experience, you should consider the Nuvo cabinet paint.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more professional paint job or you have previous experience, you should consider the Rustoleum kit.
I hope this article helped you make an informed choice about which kitchen cabinet kit is the best for you!
Last update on 2022-10-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API