Hydro dipping, commonly known as immersion printing, continues to rule the crafting world by storm.
It is mainly used for industrial applications and uses a hydro-imaging and water-transfer printing process to put graphics and colours on any object.
Do you wonder what kind of paint is used in hydro dipping?
Well, you are surfing into the right site.
We have identified the main types of paints you can try for your hydro dipping projects.
There are two main kinds of paints you can use for hydro dipping:
1. Acrylic Spray Paints
Acrylic spray paint is one of the most preferred types of paint used by painters for all their hydro-dipping tasks.
But why? It is engineered to float as a thin film and sticks easily onto the submerged objects.
If you want this kind of paint to spread on object surfaces evenly, consider using a spray can.
However, you’ll need to be more careful using the spray can because spraying too close can form air bubbles on the surface, leading to undesirable patterns.
People would often ask, can you hydro dip without spray paint? Yes, you can.
But, many people often think that spray paint is a must-have for any hydro-dipping task.
And they are wrong because the liquid itself in the spray can is what matters most.
Because of this, you can find it necessary to avoid the toxicity spray paints come with.
Besides, you can forget about putting on extra gear like respiratory masks and gloves.
Want to avoid the risks and hurdles associated with spray cans? Well, the next kind of paint for hydro dipping would be your best option.
2. Regular Acrylic Paint
Are you asking yourself or an expert this question, can you hydro dip with regular acrylic paint? The answer is yes.
Typically, the regular acrylic paint tends to be heavier. As a rule of thumb, you can’t add it into the dipping water the way it is.
You will have to mix this paint with water to make it thin and serve your desire best.
Thus, it is possible to use regular acrylic paint to hydro dip any preferred objects or surfaces.
Best Spray Paints for Hydro Dipping
1. Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Spray Paint
This is one of the best paints for hydro dipping you can find on the market. It is an exceptionally versatile paint hence can handle any hydro dipping job.
You will find it durable, meaning that it can last longer on your hydro-dipped object.
It also has a faster drying ability even if the object’s surface is wet before you start hydro dipping.
2. Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint
The best thing about this oil-based spray paint is that it can adhere to virtually any surface.
Some of the surfaces include plastic, wood, vinyl, fibreglass, metal, and concrete.
Besides that, it can prevent the hydro-dipped metal surfaces from rusting.
3. Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer
It is one of the best quick-drying paint designed for automotive applications.
Aside from that, it can stick on virtually any surface, leaving great-looking colours.
- DRIP, DIP, DONE! Hydro-dipping made easy with Easy Marble paint and water! Create colorful and elegant marble effects in a matter of seconds. Drip the marbling paint onto water, draw patterns, dip the object in slowly and pull it out quickly.
- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES: Choose from a wide range of colors or blend colors together for infinite creative possibilities! This 42-color set includes a variety of basic, neon, pastel and metallic colors, including color-shift tones that adds a mesmerizing shimmer effect to your projects.
- DECORATING EVERY SEASON: Turn simple white Easter eggs or plain colored Christmas baubles into a special eyecatcher with Marabu Easy Marble paint kit. Our marbling paints are solvent-based, light-fast, weather-proof and quick-drying.
- ON ANY SURFACE: Marabu marble paint are perfect for crafting and creating art on a variety of surfaces including glass, plastic, acrylic, metal, wood, candles, papier-maché, polyester, polypropylene, smooth foam, canvas, paper and more.
- MADE IN GERMANY: As a company rich in tradition with many years of production expertise, Marabu is 100% committed to quality control in each and every step of our manufacturing and distribution. We produce all of our products, from craft and hobby paints to fine art mediums, with the “Made in Germany” quality mark.
- This listing is for High Gloss Clear 16oz Aerosol
- Automotive grade clear coat. We only use the highest quality products with our hydro film supplies.
- Hydrographic Film supplies Base Coat, Primer and Clear Coats offered in 16oz or 6oz Aerosol cans.
- Ground Shipping Only to Lower 48 Continental United States Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, US Protectorates
- Assembled of the Highest Quality Materials to achieve Professional Results
- UP TO 3 TIMES LARGER THEN OTHER KITS
- EVERYTHING NECESSARY TO DECORATE YOUR ITEMS (minus the actual dipping container and water) EASY AND FUN TO USE ( Recommended for ages 16 and up)
- INCLUDES LARGE 16oz PAINT / ACTIVATOR / CLEAR COAT AND 2 M x 50 cm ( 20" x 6.6 ' Feet ) 1 sq Meter ( 10 sq feet ) OF FILM + FREE MINI PRACTICE ROLL OF FILM ! (APOX : 9" X 4' )
- FREE SHIPPING / BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE / NO HASSLE RETURNS
Best Regular Acrylic Paints
1. Humbrol Enamel Paints
It is a colour-rich enamel paint that doesn’t need thinning by mixing water and borax.
They eliminate the need to thin out different paint colours separately.
2. FolkArt Marbling Paint
You can use this paint with only tap water. It is truly magical, easy to use, and provides ultimate flexibility for dipping surfaces.
Ultimately, hydro dipping produces psychedelic colours on nearly all object surfaces.
It is an exciting painting technique with many diverse ways to do it.
With your apt paint type, you can rest assured to get incredible results.
That said, consider using any of the above kinds of paints for your next hydro dipping application.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API