Hydro dipping, commonly known as immersion printing, continues to rule the crafting world by storm.
It is mainly used for industrial applications and uses a hydro-imaging and water-transfer printing process to put graphics and colours on any object.
Do you wonder what kind of paint is used in hydro dipping?
Well, you are surfing into the right site.
We have identified the main types of paints you can try for your hydro dipping projects.
What paint to use for hydro dipping?
1. Acrylic Spray Paints
Acrylic spray paint is one of the most preferred types of paint used by painters for all their hydro-dipping tasks.
But why? It is engineered to float as a thin film and sticks easily onto the submerged objects.
If you want this kind of paint to spread on object surfaces evenly, consider using a spray can.
However, you’ll need to be more careful using the spray can because spraying too close can form air bubbles on the surface, leading to undesirable patterns.
People would often ask, can you hydro dip without spray paint? Yes, you can.
But, many people often think that spray paint is a must-have for any hydro-dipping task.
And they are wrong because the liquid itself in the spray can is what matters most.
Because of this, you can find it necessary to avoid the toxicity spray paints come with.
Besides, you can forget about putting on extra gear like respiratory masks and gloves.
Want to avoid the risks and hurdles associated with spray cans? Well, the next kind of paint for hydro dipping would be your best option.
2. Regular Acrylic Paint
Are you asking yourself or an expert this question, can you hydro dip with regular acrylic paint? The answer is yes.
Typically, the regular acrylic paint tends to be heavier. As a rule of thumb, you can’t add it into the dipping water the way it is.
You will have to mix this paint with water to make it thin and serve your desire best.
Thus, it is possible to use regular acrylic paint to hydro dip any preferred objects or surfaces.
Best Spray Paints for Hydro Dipping
1. Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Spray Paint
This is one of the best paints for hydro dipping you can find on the market. It is an exceptionally versatile paint hence can handle any hydro dipping job.
You will find it durable, meaning that it can last longer on your hydro-dipped object.
It also has a faster drying ability even if the object’s surface is wet before you start hydro dipping.
2. Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint
The best thing about this oil-based spray paint is that it can adhere to virtually any surface.
Some of the surfaces include plastic, wood, vinyl, fibreglass, metal, and concrete.
Besides that, it can prevent the hydro-dipped metal surfaces from rusting.
3. Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer
It is one of the best quick-drying paint designed for automotive applications.
Aside from that, it can stick on virtually any surface, leaving great-looking colours.
- Material- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
- Adjustable Back Strap Closure, One Size fits Most Head Sizes
- 20 VIBRANT COLORS: Our brush pens are filled with premium watercolor ink that is perfect for blending, coloring and all watercolor technique; Comes with a refillable brush pen
- AMAZING VALUE: Experience why our customers rave about the quality and value of our watercolor brush pens
- REAL BRUSH TIP: Flexible nylon paint brush tips allow for broad and fine strokes
- HIGH QUALITY AND DURABLE: Carefully crafted for ease of use, and are suitable for all skill levels
- PORTABLE: No leaks, no hassle, no mess; Easy art on the go with a convenient storage case
- Compatibility Model: Ultra fits for Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S Controller; Not compatible with other Xbox One Controllers. Check the second picture of the listing before purchase
- Fit Perfectly: Fit the best by far; Completely fits flush on all side; Sit properly on all the clips
- Package Includes: 1* Faceplate shell; 1* T8H screwdriver; 5* screws. (Important: The controller and other parts are not included.)
- Easy to install: Simply disassemble your original faceplate from the controller, then replace it with eXtremeRate shell. Get an installation video guide on Youtube by searching “Extremerate Shell for Xbox Series X & S Controller”
- Personalized Feature:The Great Wave patterned looks great; Great smooth grip, soft in hand and feels silky; Anti slip, sweat free for a long period game playing
Best Regular Acrylic Paints For Hydro Dipping (How To Hydrodip Without Spray Paints)
1. Humbrol Enamel Paints
It is a colour-rich enamel paint that doesn’t need thinning by mixing water and borax.
They eliminate the need to thin out different paint colours separately.
2. FolkArt Marbling Paint
You can use this paint with only tap water. It is truly magical, easy to use, and provides ultimate flexibility for dipping surfaces.
Paint For Hydro Dipping
Ultimately, hydro dipping produces psychedelic colours on nearly all object surfaces.
It is an exciting painting technique with many diverse ways to do it.
With your apt paint type, you can rest assured to get incredible results.
That said, consider using any of the above kinds of paints for your next hydro dipping application.
Last update on 2022-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API