Hydro dipping, commonly known as immersion printing, continues to rule the crafting world by storm.
It is mainly used for industrial applications and uses a hydro-imaging and water-transfer printing process to put graphics and colours on any object.
Do you wonder what kind of paint is used in hydro dipping?
Well, you are surfing into the right site.
We have identified the main types of paints you can try for your hydro dipping projects.
What paint to use for hydro dipping?
1. Acrylic Spray Paints
Acrylic spray paint is one of the most preferred types of paint used by painters for all their hydro-dipping tasks.
But why? It is engineered to float as a thin film and sticks easily onto the submerged objects.
If you want this kind of paint to spread on object surfaces evenly, consider using a spray can.
However, you’ll need to be more careful using the spray can because spraying too close can form air bubbles on the surface, leading to undesirable patterns.
People would often ask, can you hydro dip without spray paint? Yes, you can.
But, many people often think that spray paint is a must-have for any hydro-dipping task.
And they are wrong because the liquid itself in the spray can is what matters most.
Because of this, you can find it necessary to avoid the toxicity spray paints come with.
Besides, you can forget about putting on extra gear like respiratory masks and gloves.
Want to avoid the risks and hurdles associated with spray cans? Well, the next kind of paint for hydro dipping would be your best option.
2. Regular Acrylic Paint
Are you asking yourself or an expert this question, can you hydro dip with regular acrylic paint? The answer is yes.
Typically, the regular acrylic paint tends to be heavier. As a rule of thumb, you can’t add it into the dipping water the way it is.
You will have to mix this paint with water to make it thin and serve your desire best.
Thus, it is possible to use regular acrylic paint to hydro dip any preferred objects or surfaces.
Best Spray Paints for Hydro Dipping
1. Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Spray Paint
This is one of the best paints for hydro dipping you can find on the market. It is an exceptionally versatile paint hence can handle any hydro dipping job.
You will find it durable, meaning that it can last longer on your hydro-dipped object.
It also has a faster drying ability even if the object’s surface is wet before you start hydro dipping.
2. Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint
The best thing about this oil-based spray paint is that it can adhere to virtually any surface.
Some of the surfaces include plastic, wood, vinyl, fibreglass, metal, and concrete.
Besides that, it can prevent the hydro-dipped metal surfaces from rusting.
3. Krylon ColorMaster Paint + Primer
It is one of the best quick-drying paint designed for automotive applications.
Aside from that, it can stick on virtually any surface, leaving great-looking colours.
- 【Unleash & Spark Your Creativity】Instead of painting on paper or canvas, try painting on... water! With this arts & crafts you’ll learn the traditional technique of marbling paint . Free your creativity today and make beautiful patterns as unique as you are. Recommended crafts activities for ages 6 years and up
- 【A Fun and Educational Gift for All Ages】 No need for painting foundation,the water marbling paint set is suitable for kids in all ages and adults.Follow the instruction booklet, drop the paint on the drawing liquid，swirl to any pattern and transfer it on paper.So beautiful marble painted art,creative & fantastic water art
- 【Safe and Nontoxic】Coodoo water marbling paint kit’s pigments and carrageenan, which is safe, non-toxic and environmentally friendly. NOTE: please stir carrageenan slowly in water until there is no big caking, and then use after standing for 4-5 hours. Success requires patience..Our product conforms to the ASTM D-4236 requirement.
- 【The Best Arts & Crafts Kits】Our coodoo Crafts Kits has everything you need and start on your marbling journey. It comes with 6 colors of paint in 16ml bottles, 20 sheets of paper, 3 needles, a pipette, spreader, measuring spoon, tray, and manual. , which makes this art supplies crafts kits an ideal gifts option for kids
- 【WARMEST GIFT-GIVING IDEA】 Make this kids crafts a possible vacation bible school craft, arts and crafts classes projects, Stem projects or a simple DIY toys for daily kids activities, just see your little ones how to make their own unique patterns themselves by gifting it as gift on parents or grandparents day, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.
- Acrylic Paint Set With 12 Brushes: Premium paints glide on smoothly, dry quickly and stay as beautiful as the day they were painted. Whether you’re new to acrylic painting or a seasoned artist, the paint kit will set fire to your imagination. Great acrylic paint for canvas painting, halloween decorations, pumpkin painting. The craft paint set is great to produce true, consistent shades on painting art, ideal for professional artists, young aspiring artists, painting lovers, students and kids.The color of the paint brush is random.
- High Quality, Rich Pigments, Certified Safe & Non-Toxic: No need to worry about toxicity with our acrylic paint. The acrylic water-based non-toxic paint is Safe for all ages. The creamy consistency and high pigments offer great covering power for large areas and fine details. Blend easily and dry quickly. The fast-dry formula allows you to layer additional coats or add other elements to your work right away. Easy clean up with soap and water.
- Premium Arts & Diy Craft Supplies. Caliart acrylic paints are versatile in canvas art, painting, scrap booking, Christmas, Halloween decorations and more. Suitable for most surfaces, including canvas, wood, rocks, painting pumpkins, stretched canvas, fabrics, stone, metal, plastic, ceramics, decorative wall, blackboard, paper, plaster. Great gift for creative adults, artists, beginners, students, kids, teens, boys and girls. Packed in a sturdy box for keeping always organized and accessible.
- This art acrylic painting kit comes with 24-pack, 2 oz / 59ml bottles in the classic colors: Lemon Yellow, Medium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Orange, Vermilion, Crimson, Scarlet, Magenta, Purple, Phthalo Blue, Deep Cyan Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cerulean Blue, Viridian, Monastral Green, Sap Green, Phthalo Green, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber, Lamp Black, Grey, Titanium White.
- Money-Back Guarantee: We're sure you'll love using our acrylic paint supplies for arts crafts & DIY paint projects, but if you have any problems with the art kit set, just let us know for a fast, no-hassle refund or product free replacement.
- Rich Art Supplies: Come with 12 colors (16ml), 20 art sheets (A4), brush, comb, drawing pins and other drawing supplies or painting, drawing & art supplies.
- Cool Gifts for Boys Girls Teenage: Great christmas gifts for kids and teen girl gifts. Cool gifts for 7 8 9 10 year old girls, teenage girls, boys and all ages. Surprise your little angel with a novel gift ideas!
- Magic Water Marbling: Drop the paint into water, free the creativity and transfer the artworks to paper, stone, scarf, vase or any other smooth surface.
- Safe Girls Boy Toys Age 6-8 8-10 Years Old: Tested in strict accordance with product safety policy. Conforms to the ASTM D-4236 requirement and is awarded many certificates like CPSC, and CPSIA. Non-toxic and environmentally-friendly.
- Fun Arts And Crafts: Make this kids crafts a possible vacation bible for school craft, arts & crafts classes projects, STEM projects or a DIY toys for daily kids activities.
Best Regular Acrylic Paints For Hydro Dipping (How To Hydrodip Without Spray Paints)
1. Humbrol Enamel Paints
It is a colour-rich enamel paint that doesn’t need thinning by mixing water and borax.
They eliminate the need to thin out different paint colours separately.
2. FolkArt Marbling Paint
You can use this paint with only tap water. It is truly magical, easy to use, and provides ultimate flexibility for dipping surfaces.
Paint For Hydro Dipping
Ultimately, hydro dipping produces psychedelic colours on nearly all object surfaces.
It is an exciting painting technique with many diverse ways to do it.
With your apt paint type, you can rest assured to get incredible results.
That said, consider using any of the above kinds of paints for your next hydro dipping application.
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API