When it comes to having the best nail gun for your craft projects, you’ll want to make sure that you have something reliable that can drive in nails with the most force and accuracy.
You can have two different types of nail guns: air compression and electricity.
These two different types of models always offer you something very different and we’ll be discussing those differences later in the article.
So what exactly will you be looking for for your fencing or craft project?
How much power will you want behind each driven nail?
How versatile do these nail compressors need to be?
How much will they cost you? Well, keep reading, and we’ll answer all of your questions.
Best Small Nail Guns
OUR TOP PICK
Choose this nail gun for crafts if you want something that can work on multiple materials, is compact, easy to use, secure and great for tight spaces.
Our first nail gun is able to work on multiple surfaces including ply, plastic, wood, drywall and laminate.
This is also great for nailing together pieces of wood for your craft project.
This nail gun is nice and compact and will allow you to get nails in those tight spaces that larger nail guns will not be able to reach.
This comes with a corded electrical design, which will give you a reliable stream of power.
You can use heavy-duty pads with this one that will help you find the right spot to drive your nails.
This is very important if you are trying to get a precise nail that will drive into the wood.
The power cord is around 8 feet in length, which will really help you if you are wanting to go from one room to another without having to unplug your unit.
This nail gun is easy to use so if you are making your first tentative steps into the world of nail gunning and crafts, then this is the ideal model for you.
This is great for numerous projects including DIY.
If you are going to want to be using this to put up hardcore structures and then make furniture and other craft projects, then this is a good nail gun to have.
- Secure - this will give you precise and solid driving, allowing you to perform basic nail gunning with some degree of skill.
- Basic - if you are wanting a nail gun without all the bells and whistles that will just focus on the job at hand, then this is the perfect starter gun.
- Two power levels - you can set this at different power levels, which is great if you are looking for both soft and hard wood drilling.
- Great for tight spaces - this is great for getting into the tight corners, which is great if you are dealing with smaller projects.
- The cord of this model will certainly limit your ability to move that far. This might be tricky if you are wanting to move further than 8 feet.
Choose this nail gun for crafts if you're looking for a versatile gun that works on smaller or large projects, is extremely reliable and durable, and has precision accuracy.
This next nail gun is great if you are thinking about doing some crafts on your decking.
This can be used on small or large projects-it is an extremely durable and reliable unit.
This comes with a 10-12 plastic coated gauge that will help you frame your nails perfectly.
Often crafts will require a certain degree of accuracy when it comes to plunging your nails into the wood.
This is a great unit for increasing that accuracy.
This comes with a quick-fire trigger that will allow you to drive more nails into wood than a normal nail gun would.
This can help you make the furniture of your decking as well as the decking itself.
This nailgun advertises itself as extremely lightweight and when we compared it with other nail guns we certainly found this to be the case.
This nail gun can be held for a lot longer.
This comes in packages that include accessories with your nail gun. You can get flooring varnish or framing.
This is great if you are going to branch out into more hardcore DIY.
- Decent nail gun - if you are at a beginner or intermediate level of crafting or woodworking, then this is a great nail gun for amateur or semi-experienced crafters.
- Great for outdoor crafting - This comes with a very reliable and weatherproof air compressing drill. This will be able to withstand many weather conditions.
- Great quality - when it comes to making something that comes with sturdy construction and great performance, this company certainly rises to the challenge.
- Anti-dry fire - this will prevent any wear and tear from happening with your tool. This will certainly help maintain your nail gun in the long term.
- This does not come with a compressor included, which will reduce the functionality of your nail gun.
Choose this nail gun for crafts if you're looking for a budget friendly option that can be used on everything from small craft projects to home DIY, it's lightweight, no additional tools are needed and versatile.
This next nailer uses 18 guage nails that you can be certain will give you everything that you need for making heavy-duty craft objects.
This is ideal for making DIY projects at home.
If you are fencing, this is also a great unit that you can use.
This is described by the manufacturer as great for lightweight projects. This includes installing door frames, trim and baseboard.
This is very versatile, as it will allow you to switch from electrical power to air compression.
This will give you the freedom to move from one place to another or increase your power.
This will come with built-in LED lights, which will be a godsend if you are working on projects where you don’t have any electricity or natural light to work by.
This gun comes with anti-jam features, which will definitely be useful if you want to work quickly without any issues.
- No compressor needed - this is great for offering you versatility if you want to know how far you’re driving your nails into the ground.
- No additional tools - This comes with adjustments that do not require any additional tools. Again, this gives you independence when it comes to working on different floors.
- LED Lights - if you are prone to working into the night, then this nail gun will certainly have your back, with built-in LED lights for visibility.
- Versatile - this will help you with your craft projects as well as your ability to build fences and install decking in your backyard.
- Expensive - this might cost you a pretty penny, which will definitely not appeal to people who only want to use it once or twice on small craft projects.
This nail gun set is perfect for anyone who wants as many options as possible for their craft or DIY project.
With this set, you can be sure that you’ll never need a nail gun again.
This comes with nail dust guards that will stop your nail guns from clogging up.
This set includes a framing nailer, a finishing nailer, a narrow crown stapler and a brad nailer.
This will give you everything that your need to complete and secure any project.
This comes with a feature that will keep any excess dust from your face.
This will be extremely useful if you are thinking about using your nail gun for consecutive hours at a time.
This will give you excellent fastening power, which is perfect if you want to seal and secure your project within an inch of perfection.
You’ll be able to finish chair railings, cabinets and skirting boards very easily with this nail gun set.
- The complete set - with four nail guns to choose from, you probably won’t have to shop for any other nail gun.
- Sturdy Construction - these nail guns are made from sturdy steel and plastic composites. This is perfect for a long-lasting nailgun set.
- Carry bag - if you want the luxury of being ankle to easily carry your nail guns from one place to another, then this accessory is the perfect one.
- Top-quality material - if you are looking for a decent nail gun that will stand the test of time, then you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Not convenient - This does not offer the power of electric nail guns, which might not be convenient if you are thinking about doing intensive nail gun tasks.
If you are looking for a comfortable grip when you are operating your nail gun, then you’ll definitely be wanting a nail gun that is shaped like this.
This is an extremely reliable and dependable nail gun.
This is very important for one of these high-intensity tools, as they will succumb to wear and tear a lot quicker.
This comes with dust guards, so not only will you not get any dust buildup in your nail gun, but you also won’t get any in your face.
This will help you to maintain your nail gun and work longer hours on your craft project.
This will help you to work on siding, framing and decking.
When it comes to having a range of projects on the go at any one time, then this is a very important attribute.
This comes with a trigger lock that will prevent your nail gun from going off accidentally.
This is a very important safety feature that will reduce the risk of injury.
This is a lightweight unit, which will again contribute to the overall longer working hours that you’ll be able to use it for.
- Dust grips - this will help prevent dust from building up in the internal mechanism of your nail gun, which will allow you to use it for longer.
- Depth adjustment - you will be able to adjust the depth for how far you drive the nails into your surface. This makes it great for working with soft or hardwood.
- Safety features - this is one of the safest nail guns that you can get, coming with a trigger that has the ability to lock.
- Multi-use: This is great for a range of different projects including decking, flooring and sidings. If you want a one-stop-shop for all your DIY needs, you can’t go wrong with this nail gun.
- You will need tools to adjust the depth of this - if you are wanting to drill into thicker wood, then you’ll need additional tools, which will certainly interrupt your workflow.
This next nail gun comes with a 2-in-1 operation, being both a nailer and a stapler.
This is great if you are looking for something that will give you everything that you need for your home crafts or DIY projects.
This comes with a 360-degree exhaust which will make sure that all of the dust and dirt from your work remains clear of your nail gun.
This operates at high power, giving you everything that you need for decent drilling with nails that will not come loose at a later date.
This will not leave any scratches or marks on your wood, making it one of the neatest and most usable guns on the market.
This can release 100 nails very quickly, which means that you’ll be able to more rapidly work on heavy-duty DIY projects.
A lightweight body means that you’ll be able to hold your gun for longer.
This is great if you are looking to complete a job quickly and efficiently without causing hand or arm fatigue.
- Versatile - this has great application for a number of different projects, including decking, home furnishings, flooring, molding, roofing and window installation.
- Dual function - you can staple and nail with this gun, which is super useful if you are looking to combine the two projects.
- Lightweight - if you are looking to hold your nail gun for longer without fatiguing your arm or hand, then this is the gun for you.
- Sequential trigger - this will allow you to systematically drill your nails into wood without pause or lightness of depth.
- Heavy-duty - this might be a little too extreme for some people who are looking to do basic DIY craft projects. It will also be a tad more expensive than other nail guns.
When you are shopping for a nail gun, there are going to be certain things that you’ll want, although these will be dependent on what project you’ll be embarking on.
Here are a few features that you’ll need to be looking out for:
How Many Nails Can It Fire?
This will all depend on how many nails your nail gun can hold in a cartridge.
Some nail guns will also fire different lengths of nails.
You’ll also want to see how accurate your nail gun is at firing nails.
If you are looking to drive long nails into harder wood, then you’ll need to make sure that the nails that you load into your nail gun are at least 10-inches long.
The Neu Master 2 can release over 100 nails in one single magazine, which makes it one of the fastest models on this list.
How Lightweight Is It?
If you are going to want to hold your nail gun for a long period of time, then it will be important that your nail gun does not fatigue your arm or hands.
The most important factor in determining this will be what material your nail gun is made from as well as how rapidly it can fire your nails and how comfortable the grip will be.
The Stanley Nail Gun is one of the lightest, making it one of the best nail guns for long-term work.
How Easy Is It To Operate?
If you are new to operating a nail gun, then it will be important to know how to operate it.
If you have something with a simple trigger mechanism, then this will be perfect for operating your nail gun without much fuss.
The Freeman P4FRFNCB Pneumatic Framing & Finishing Combo Kit and the NuMax SFN64 Pneumatic have very quick trigger-release systems, which all require just one pull of the finger to release plenty of nails.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best type of nail gun for small crafts projects: air compression or electric?
Both of these types of nail guns offer different plus points and negatives.
If you have an air compression unit, then this will be more portable, as it won’t have a cord and will give you more freedom to move around.
However, electric nail guns have a lot more power than their air compress counterparts.
This will be very important for larger scale projects, but maybe not small crafts.
How Can I Adjust The Depth Of My Nail Gun?
Again, different nail guns will offer you different adjustment capabilities.
This will really help you if you are working on multiple craft projects that involve mixed media such as wood or plastic.
If you are looking for something that required no additional tools to alter the depth, then you should buy a model that specifically states this.
How Portable Should My Nail Gun Be?
This will all depend on whether you have a cord or not.
Most of the nail guns that use air compression will often have no cord, which will allow you to move from one part of the house to another.
However, the electrical one does have a cord, which will limit your movement.
What's The Best Small Nail Gun For Crafts Projects?
If it’s a simple operation and flexibility that you are looking for, then the Stanley Nail Gun is probably your best option.
This comes with a simple trigger that you can use to get your nails in wood in no time at all.
However, if it’s versatility and industrial application you’re looking for, then the Freeman Pneumatic Framing & Finishing Nail Gun Set is your best choice.
Last update on 2023-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API