If you are like me, then you agree that nail guns are one of the versatile tools we have currently.
All of you DIYers are here to get my opinion on the best nail guns for crafts.
The best nail gun can prevent all the common problems faced when doing DIY projects.
For instance, before I educated myself on the best nail guns out there.
I noticed that some nail guns would leave dents on my wood after it they would jam.
Therefore, for you to avoid such problems, this list would come in handy.
You’re not in the wrong place; I will not disappoint you. I wouldn’t like to waste further of your time; I will get right onto it.
Even if you’re not into DIY, it is vital to have a nail gun by your household as it can act as a chainsaw.
Some of the factors to have a look into when purchasing a nail gun for crafts include;
- Its performance.
- Its weight.
- Its maintenance requirement.
- I will give you a list of the best to include anyone who has a tight budget but still loves crafts.
5 Best Crafting Nail Guns
NuMax SFR2190 Framing Nailer and Nail Gun
- The 21-degree framing nailer utilizes 10-12 gauge frame nails that are between 2.5-3.5 inches.
- It is an air-powered nail gun.
- It has an adjustable trigger and depth.
- It has an anti-dry fire mechanism.
- Unlike other nail guns, it has an air exhaust whose angle can be adjusted.
- It has a magnesium body which is both durable and lightweight.
- It is affordable.
- You will incur additional costs acquiring an air compressor.
Why I recommend it
I chose the NuMax 21 degree as it is both durable and consistent.
On top of that, it switches with ease between sequential and compact firing.
Metabo HPT NP35AM 1-3/8 in.23-Gauge Micro Pin Nailer
If you are looking for a nail gun that walks the talk, then the Metabo HPT is the one for you.
It can do a range of work such as glazed beads, small molding, trimming, and assembling cabinets and picture frames.
- It weighs 2pounds hence you can work with it for hours on end without any difficulty.
- It utilizes dual triggers. They both work at the same time for accuracy in firing.
- Metabo’s magazine can easily adjust from various nail lengths between 5/8inches to 1 3/16 inches.
- It allows for accuracy while firing due to its dual triggers
- It can automatically adjust to various lengths.
- You can use it in both light and heavy-duty projects
- Its nose is loose.
- The reason why I have chosen this nail gun is because of lightweight. One can easily get lost in the crafting while using this.
Freeman PP123 Pneumatic Micro Pinner Ergonomic Nail gun
Its balanced engine brings about its feathery-like weight. Apart from craftwork, You can also use it for trimming and glazing strips.
It comes along with safety goggles, belt hook, air tools, and safety trigger.
It has a grip handle for comfort while holding it.
It can work with headless micro pins, which range from 15/32- 1
- It is comfortable.
- It is equipped with all the needed accessories.
- It doesn’t have a security lock.
- What sets Freeman PP123 apart from all other nail guns is its comfortable handle and the fact that it comes with all the needed accessories; all you need to do is start the work.
DEWALT 5 in 1 Multi-tacker and Brad Nailer
The Dewalt manufacturer has been in the field for quite some time. Hence you can be assured of this nail gun’s premium quality.
- A cord electrically powers it.
- It can shot an 18 gauge brad and brad nails.
- It weighs 3Ibs hence light in weight.
- You can load its magazine from the rear end.
- It is user-friendly.
- It is light in weight.
- It is versatile.
- It jams often.
- It supports a brad nail of 5/8 inches.
I chose Dewalt 5-in-1 Multi-tacker for its affordability.
It is the cheapest one on the list. Its versatility also attracted me to it. I am very sure if you give it a try you wouldn’t be disappointed.
Craftsman Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
One could tell that the manufacturers of this nail gun had DIYers in mind while coming up with it.
Securing trim work and fine carpentry has never been more effortless and quick as the need for an air compressor has been eliminated.
- It weighs 7.64 pounds.
- It has a one-year warranty.
- It has a 20-volt battery.
- It comes along with 200 nails.
- It has a hose-less design and an adjustable depth
- It is effective in DIY projects.
- It has a warranty.
- It jams easily.
These nail guns are my five best nail guns.
Don’t forget them:
- Metabo HPT NP35AM 1-3/8 in.23-Gauge Micro Pin Nailer
- NuMax SFR2190 Framing Nailer, and Nail Gun
- Freeman PP123 Pneumatic Micro Pinner Ergonomic Nail gun
- DEWALT 5 in 1 Multi-tacker and Brad Nailer
- Craftsman Cordless Brad Nailer Kit.
As a person who loves DIY, my best pick would be the Craftsman Cordless Brad Nailer Kit.
Most DIY projects are minor; hence the batteries can drive the nails with ease.
One doesn’t need an air compressor. All its components make work easier for the user.