Gluing foam is not the easiest of tasks because foam doesn't necessarily lend it's self to being glued easily to other surfaces.
So if you're confused about which glue to use when working with Eva foam, craft foam, a foam board or rubber foam to name but a few don't worry as this post has you covered.
Let's look at the best glue to use on foam in all these different situations...
Best Glue For Eva Foam
Some features you should look for in Eva Foam glue is as follows...
- It's EVA Foam safe.
- An excellent contact adhesive.
- Solvent free.
- Dries crystal clear.
Here are the top 2 glues to use on Eva foam...
- 1093:ALL-PURPOSE UNIVERSAL GLUE-100ml (3.38oz)
- Supertite's All-Purpose Universal Glue, is a great solution for the most delicate craft projects and tough DIY home repair jobs.
- EVA Craft Foam Safe! The adhesive is safe on all Foams and is a great product for costume making and mosaics. An excellent contact adhesive that is solvent free
- ✥Soft & Durable--EVA (Ethylene-vinyl Acetate) Foam is a material which is soft ,non-toxic and Stain resistance (non absorbable Fishing Blood )，has advantages of good cushioning, shock resistance, heat insulation, moisture resistance and chemical corrosion resistance
- ✥Easy to Maintaince--Have the look of teak without the difficult installation, costs and maintenance required for real wood. It is easy to clean. It can be washed with water or vacuum cleaner. It is natural and comfortable
- ✥Multifunction--The floor mat can clean by high pressure,easy to clean,also can easily be cut down to fit nearly any surface on a boat where non-skid, or protection for the boat's surface is required
- ✥Easy to Install-- Self-adhesion, strong glue at the back, easy to installation,has wide applications such as Boat flooring, RV flooring, Swimming Pool flooring, Garden flooring and etc
- ✥Best Service--Guarantee the quality is the basic rule.RANZHIX is dedicated to providing quality services, quality products and fast delivery(US WAREHOUSE). Any question,please contact us.
Best Glue For Craft Foam
Here's what you should look for in a good craft foam...
- Dries strong and dries quickly.
- Thick and non runny formula.
- Non toxic.
- Cleans easily with just water.
- Durable and strong.
With that in mind, here's 3 suitable craft foam glues...
- Compatible with all foams
- Dries crystal clear
- Overnight cure for full strength
- Proud Sponsors of Wounded Warrior Project
- Instant grab and dries strong
- Thick formula that is never runny
- Available in a 4oz bottle (118mL)
- Find inspiration and techniques
- DECORATE FIVE FUN PICTURES WITH NO GLUE- Use over 55 included colorful felt stickers to bring the animal pictures to life. Each picture is made of sturdy cardboard and decorated with fantasy and fairytale scenes. The large stickers in this kit are perfect for little hands.
- DEVELOPS FINE MOTOR SKILLS – Work with your child to pick out and place the correct felt stickers on the cards. Arts activities encourage brain development, fine motor skills, and concepts like colors and shapes.
- MESS-FREE FOR BUSY PARENTS – Each felt sticker is easy to peel and glue-free, allowing for simple use without messy craft supplies. Ideal craft activity for any age. All the pieces of the kit can be easily stored in the lovely gift box between crafting sessions.
- MADE WITH SAFE HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS – Meets or exceeds all American and European safety standards. Includes 5 cards and over 55 colorful felt stickers. Cards measure 8.5”x10”.
- PREMIUM LEARNING TOYS DESIGNED FOR DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PLAY – Janod offers classic and timeless products made with a distinct focus on quality and safety. The colorful and original toys are crafted with the highest quality materials for durability.
Best Glue For Foam Boards
Here's what to look for in a glue that works with foam boards...
- Permanent bond.
- Dries clear.
- Non toxic.
- Acid free.
So here's 2 glues that fit those criteria...
- Product SKU: EPI950180
- Fine grain surface is reusable when decorated with push pins or tacks!
- Lightweight and durable for easy hanging!
- Sold as 1 PK
- Manufacturer: 3M Commercial Office Supply Div.
- Total percentage of recycled content: 0
- Post Consumer Waste: 0
- Country of origin: US
- Instantly transforms most ceiling surfaces including popcorn ceilings
- Excellent for any residential kitchens, bahtrooms, living rooms, bedrooms and outdoor porches
- Easy glue up application Use #310 Instant Grab adhesive No Expensive Tools Needed
- Paintable with water based (latex) paints
- There is 96 tiles each included. Covers 256 Sq. Ft.
Best Glue For Foam Rubber
Here's what to look for in glue for foam rubber...
- Glue that doesn't dry brittle.
- Immediate bond.
Also consider double sided tape over glue for this job, there's a mix of both options listed below...
- SIZE: Rectangle(0.98*1.37inch/2*3cm) thickness: ≥0.1inch/0.25cm
- EASY TO USE: Double-sided tape. Suitable for the surface, which no ripple uniform thickness and smooth, such as wood, metals, glass, papers, paints, and many plastics and fabrics.
- APPLICATION: Usually used for case, LCD, LED, pop socket, expanding phone, stand, balloon, mirror, litchi leather, ash falling wall, rubber, recorder. painting, grip / for wall hooks.
- HIGH-QUALITY: Good durability, temperature withstanding, strong adhesive, waterproof.
- DOUBLE SIDED: tape strong pad mounting adhesive.
- Effectively bonds fabric to foam, metal, or wood surfaces, and to itself
- Bonds urethane and latex-type foams to themselves in butt-splicing, knife edging, laminating, boxing, and edge turning operations as well as to metal, rigid plastic, and wood surfaces
- Offers quick tack and high coverage, while providing a strong bond
- It does not darken, nor does it leave a residual odor
- NOT recommended for bonding vinyl
- Professional-Grade HEAVY-DUTY Nitrile Rubber Speaker Repair adhesive specially formulated to form a permanent, flexible bond.
- Goes on yellowish/tan; dries the same. This is the REAL THING!!
- Available size options: 1/2oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, 8oz and 16oz
- NOT for attaching voice coils!
Have Fun and Be Safe With Your Gluing
I hope this has given you some inspiration about which glues are best for foam regardless of your situation and remember to have fun and be safe.
Last update on 2021-06-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API