Embarking on any painting project may seem daunting if you have little or no understanding of the different types of paint and what conditions or surfaces they are perfectly suited for.
There are two primary paint types in the market today: latex and enamel paints.
Before you begin any work, you need to make an educated decision concerning the best paint type for your project.
For that reason, you must understand a few key distinctions between enamel and latex paints.
I have done extensive study on the subject to provide you with the key distinctions that make latex and enamel paint different.
Before we get to the differences between the two paint types, you need to understand what they are and the benefits of using either of them.
Enamel vs. Latex Paints
The phrase ‘enamel paints’ is usually used to describe oil-based paints.
There is no enamel in the paint, but the term is used to explain the hard, glossy finish once the painting project is over.
These enamel paints are majorly used for outdoor paint jobs. Here are some key benefits of using enamel paints.
- Easy application
- A wide range of colours
On the other hand, the phrase ‘latex paints,’ also known as acrylic paints, refers to water-based paints.
However, it is important to note that there is no actual ‘latex’ in the paint.
The word is used to describe the properties of the paint product: malleability and versatility.
These are some of the benefits of latex paints…
- Dries up faster
- Cleans up with water
- No cracking or peeling once the paint dries
The Primary Differences between Latex and Enamel Paints
These are the key distinctions between enamel and latex paints.
The paint base is the primary difference between latex and enamel paints.
As mentioned earlier, latex paint is water-based, while its enamel counterparts are oil-based.
Latex paints have a less pungent odour than their enamel counterparts.
As such, it is advisable to reserve enamel paints for smaller projects such as painting doors and windows.
On the other hand, latex paints are well suited for bigger projects such as painting your interior walls.
Another critical difference between latex and enamel paints is durability. Enamel paints are generally durable of the two options (See also: What Kind Of Paint Is Used In Hydro Dipping?).
However, their latex counterparts can be pretty durable under appropriate conditions.
As they are designed to dry harder, these enamel paints are better suited for outdoor environments, where the conditions often fluctuate.
As they are oil-based, enamel paints have a longer drying time compared to their latex counterparts.
However, these enamel paints offer a smoother and long-lasting finish once it dries.
As latex paints take a shorter time to dry, you need to lay the paint quickly and leave it to level to get a smooth brush-free finish.
- Last 12 months and beyond
- Use once a day for 30 minutes
- Removes 14 years of teeth stains for a whiter smile
- Delivers professional-level teeth whitening results
- Advanced Seal Technology’s no slip grip stays put so you can talk and drink water while whitening teeth
- OVERNIGHT WHITENING PEN: The Optic White teeth whitener pen features a precision brush to target the surface of each tooth and a clickable top to easily control gel amount
- EASY TO APPLY: To use, follow your regular oral care routine, dry your teeth, click the whitening pen, apply a layer onto your teeth, sleep, and brush your teeth in the morning for a brighter smile
- REMOVES 15 YEARS OF STAINS IN 1 WEEK: Our advanced whitening technology is fast and effective, use nightly for best results. Each pen has 35 nightly uses, so you can touch-up when you need to
- TEETH WHITENING PEN FOR SENSITIVE TEETH: Our whitening formula is powered by hydrogen peroxide and is safe for sensitive teeth and gums
- Beetles No Wipe Top Coat and Base Coat: Long lasting for 21+ days with perfect shine. Flexible top coat avoids nicks, chips, or smudges. Tip: It's normal for the base coat to remain sticky which would give the next coat of polish something to hold onto.（Tip: The base gel can not be used as glue. )
- Healthy Top Coat: 9 Toxin-Free Ingredients make it healthy and low odor. No harsh ingredients or adhesives lead to damaged nails.
- Easy Application and Good Tenacity: With proper application, last at least 3 weeks.
- Reminder: Due to low temperature，the base coat may be clumpy or get thick causing the brush to break off inside. If you find this, please contact us, we will provide after-sales service to your satisfaction. Tip: No need to wipe the base coat's tacky residue off. This will help the color coat stay on your nail longer.
- WARNING: May cause an allergic reaction by skin contact. Read directions for use carefully. Professionally formulated and only used for nails. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, and skin. In case of contact with them, rinse immediately with water. If there is any incident, contact the doctor immediately. Stop using the product if redness and itching develop. Keep out of the reach of children.
- PROFESSIONAL NAIL POLISH REMOVER - Formulated to gently remove nail polish, glitter or nail glue from your nails. Our formula acts quickly and effectively, removing even the toughest polish, leaving your nails ready for your next manicure!
- FOR NATURAL, GEL OR ACRYLIC NAILS - Pronto Pure Acetone easily removes nail polish, gel or shellac polish, sculptured nail forms and nail art, artificial nails, glitter polish or nail glue. You can use our professional nail polish remover straight from our bottle or from an acetone dispenser. With Pronto, you will not need to visit the salon to get your mani removed!
- EASY TO USE – Moisten a little cotton ball, then, massage nail bed pressing firmly from cuticle to nail tip and wipe clean. Use cotton swabs to remove polish from difficult areas. You will have clean nails in no time! Acetone has many other practical uses as a cleaner or gentle solvent.
- WARNING - Flammable. Harmful if swallowed. Keep this and all products out of the reach of chidren. Close container tightly (Color of the cap may vary).
- INGREDIENT - 100 Percent Pure Acetone. MADE IN USA. We take our promise to care for and protect your nails seriously, while keeping you up to date with the latest trends for a professional long-lasting look.
- Removes 5 years of tough coffee, wine, and smoking related teeth stains for a whiter smile
- Use Crest Vivid White strips for visibly whiter teeth with full results in 10 days
- Use Crest Vivid White strips once a day for 30 minutes
- Uses the same enamel safe teeth whitening ingredients dentists use
- A comfortable at home teeth whitening experience. Usage Apply once a day for 1 hour. Full results in 7 days
Latex vs Enamel Paint
Before you start your painting project, you need to decide what paint type is well suited for the job.
Enamel paints are well suited for outdoor environments, while their latex counterparts go well with interiors, where there are no harsh conditions.
The primary differences between the two paint types are paint base, durability and odour.
Last update on 2022-05-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API