The Cricut maker is designed to cut any material to a thickness of less than 2.4mm or 3/32 of an inch.
It has a super precise new knife blade that can give you the exact thickness you are looking for.
Cricut is designed with a product line for cutting a variety of materials into intricate shapes.
The two most famous and versatile machines are the Cricut maker, and Cricut explore.
When combined, Cricut can cut through thousands of materials to different sizes, and the limit is few for the material you can cut.
The article will talk about the Cricut and the material thickness it can cut.
Let’s look into it…
What Thickness Can The Cricut Cut
The first product that many people think of first to use on their Cricut machine is paper.
However, Cricut can cut through other materials in different thickness that include the below list.
The thickest material cricut can cut safely is as follows
• Paper, including:
Poster board 0.29mm
Glitter paper 0.12mm
Photo paper 0.28mm
Sticker paper 0.20mm
• Vinyl, including:
Outdoor and chalkboard vinyl 0.29mm
• Iron-on material 0.22mm
• Fabric, including:
Cricut rotary blade
This is one of the blades being interchanged and is compatible with the Cricut maker tool system.
This rotary blade glides and rolls fast to initiate cutting sometimes three layers of fabric simultaneously, similar to handheld blades.
The principle that makes this blade unique is that it cuts precisely and accurately across wide fabric varieties.
The features of the blade improve its accuracy and the ability to make a turn faster within a quarter inch.
When buying Cricut, you will get a rotary blade and its housing calibrated for only that machine.
To use the rotary blade, you need to open the tool system, install the blade, and align the gears.
Close and secure the housing.
There are many things that a rotary blade can cut, including sewing and quilting patterns.
You can combine the blade with Cricut washable fabric to make all the patterns you want.
How thick can cricut maker cut?
Cricut can cut any material up to a thickness of 2.4mm since it uses a rotary blade with great precision and accuracy and can turn quickly within a quarter of an inch.
You can cut different thicknesses using the Cricut maker on more than 300 varieties of materials.
- Works with the Cricut Explore machine, Cricut Expression machine, and Cricut Expression 2 machine
- Includes two 12" x 12" Standard Grip adhesive cutting mats
- To ensure best performance, use the recommended material types on each of the mats: Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Embossed Cardstock, Iron-on and Vinyl
- Keep the clear film cover on the mat when storing to keep mat free from paper scraps and dust
- Use the scraper to scrape away excess pieces and the spatula to carefully remove cut images
- MINI BUT MIGHTY - Get high-impact heat transfer results in a compact size with Cricut's EasyPress Mini - a small heat-press for uniquely shaped, extra-small objects. At 3.4" X 2.1", it fits in your bag so you can whip out your inner artist anywhere
- A PERFECT FIT FOR UNUSUAL & TRICKY PROJECTS - It is designed to easily curve with contours, get between buttons, squeeze into seams, and seamlessly glide on uneven surfaces, making it perfect for heat-transferring on shoes, stuffed animals, caps, and more
- EFFORTLESS AND ACCURATE - With 3 heat settings for every iron-on and Infusible Ink project, a comfortable handle for easy grip, and a precision tip for added control and accuracy, this pocket-sized heat-press is everything you need for you DIY projects
- PORTABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY TO STORE - The press is equipped with an insulated safety base and auto-shutoff feature that turns it off after a period of inactivity. Its ceramic-coated heat plate ensures dry, even, edge-to-edge heat for foolproof results
- PERFECT COMPANION OF THE CRICUT FAMILY - It is compatible with major brands of HTV or iron-on presses and is a true companion to the Cricut smart cutting machines and larger Cricut heat presses, ideal for sewing and quilting projects
- CRICUT MAKER IN BLUE & DIGITAL LIBRARY BUNDLE- This Cricut Machine bundle comes with a digital library of 60 images and 15 fonts. In setting up the machine, you will be guided to register & the digital content will automatically be entitled to your account
- A POWERFUL, VERSATILE SMART CUTTING MACHINE - Take your decorative art & craft to the next level with the original Cricut Maker that virtually creates any project on your wish list. Delivers a pro-level cutting experience with its advanced suite of tools
- CUTS 300+ MATERIALS IN A WHIZ - Cuts everything from delicate paper & fabric to matboard & leather. The included Rotary Blade practically cuts any fabric for a sewing project & the Knife Blade makes precise cuts to thicker stuff for more depth & dimension
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - With just a few clicks, create personalized and custom designs with this cutter using the cloud-based Design Space app that works on mobile phones and laptops (iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac)
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - It is compatible with 13 tools for cutting, writing, embellishing, foiling & more. Add special accessories like Deep-Point Blade, Knife Blade, Foil-Transfer Tool & Scoring Wheels for vast options (blades & tools sold separately)
- Ross, Chloe (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 441 Pages - 05/16/2022 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Hardcover Book
- English (Publication Language)
- Cricut Academy (Publisher)
Last update on 2022-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API