The Cricut maker is designed to cut any material to a thickness of less than 2.4mm or 3/32 of an inch.
It has a super precise new knife blade that can give you the exact thickness you are looking for.
Cricut is designed with a product line for cutting a variety of materials into intricate shapes.
The two most famous and versatile machines are the Cricut maker, and Cricut explore.
When combined, Cricut can cut through thousands of materials to different sizes, and the limit is few for the material you can cut.
The article will talk about the Cricut and the material thickness it can cut.
Let’s look into it…
What Thickness Can The Cricut Cut
The first product that many people think of first to use on their Cricut machine is paper.
However, Cricut can cut through other materials in different thickness that include the below list.
The thickest material cricut can cut safely is as follows
• Paper, including:
Poster board 0.29mm
Glitter paper 0.12mm
Photo paper 0.28mm
Sticker paper 0.20mm
• Vinyl, including:
Outdoor and chalkboard vinyl 0.29mm
• Iron-on material 0.22mm
• Fabric, including:
Cricut rotary blade
This is one of the blades being interchanged and is compatible with the Cricut maker tool system.
This rotary blade glides and rolls fast to initiate cutting sometimes three layers of fabric simultaneously, similar to handheld blades.
The principle that makes this blade unique is that it cuts precisely and accurately across wide fabric varieties.
The features of the blade improve its accuracy and the ability to make a turn faster within a quarter inch.
When buying Cricut, you will get a rotary blade and its housing calibrated for only that machine.
To use the rotary blade, you need to open the tool system, install the blade, and align the gears.
Close and secure the housing.
There are many things that a rotary blade can cut, including sewing and quilting patterns.
You can combine the blade with Cricut washable fabric to make all the patterns you want.
How thick can cricut maker cut?
Cricut can cut any material up to a thickness of 2.4mm since it uses a rotary blade with great precision and accuracy and can turn quickly within a quarter of an inch.
You can cut different thicknesses using the Cricut maker on more than 300 varieties of materials.
- ART AND CRAFT CUTTING MADE SIMPLE, EVEN FOR BEGINNERS - Designed with simplicity and value in mind, bust out your DIY dreams and create fresh styles for your T-shirts, home decor, and more with the Cricut Explore Air 2 classic cutting machine
- CUTS 100 plus MATERIALS WITH EASE – The included Premium Fine-Point Blade lets crafters make precise, intricate cuts from a variety of popular materials like cardstock, vinyl decal, HTV iron-on and more. Also works with glitter paper, cork, and Infusible Ink
- APP BASED CRAFTING TOOL WITH WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - With just a few clicks, create personalized and custom designs using the cloud-based Design Space app that works on mobile phones and laptops (iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac)
- KEEP YOUR SPACE NEAT AND ORGANIZED - Machine comes with built-in storage on the top and under the bottom flap for storing tools. The reusable LightGrip Machine Mat holds your materials in place so you can easily remove the finished design
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES - Compatible with 6 tools for cutting, writing, foiling & more. Add special accessories like Deep-Point Blade, Bonded-Fabric Blade, Foil-Transfer Tool and Scoring Stylus for limitless options (blades & tools sold separately)
- Works with 100+ materials, including popular materials like vinyl, iron-on & cardstock
- Cuts intricate designs with precision
- Writes, draws, foils, scores, and more
- Compatible with your home inkjet printer to print then cut full-color design
- Free, easy-to-learn Design Space app
- PRECISION TOOLS FOR EVERYDAY CRAFTING - Handle your DIY art & craft precisely & expertly with the Cricut Basic Tool Set. This 5-piece set lets you lift, snip, burnish & weed your favorite paper projects & enjoy a fun time at home, office or classroom
- A COMPLETE TOOL KIT - This set of Cricut accessories comes with a spatula, weeder, scraper, a pair of scissors & a pair of tweezers, making it the craft kit for stylish & easy DIYs. It's handy, user-friendly & has everything you need in one place
- SUITABLE FOR BIG & SMALL PROJECTS- From DIY's, iron-on decor, labels for organizing to creating cardstock masterpieces & vinyl decals, these Cricut tools give wings to all your crafty ideas. They offer you a smooth, sturdy & a premium experience
- COMPLEMENTS YOUR CRICUT CUTTING MACHINE - This compact & lightweight tool kit is a great companion for your Cricut machines & helps bring your creative insiprations to life, whether you are crafting for yourself, or for a small business
- KICK START YOUR CREATIVE JOURNEY - This kit opens unimaginable and endless possibilities for any art lover! From cutting, painting, stamping, birthday card making, embossing to jewelry making, it can be used for various innovative and funky sessions
- Works with the Cricut Explore machine, Cricut Expression machine, and Cricut Expression 2 machine
- Includes two 12" x 12" Standard Grip adhesive cutting mats
- To ensure best performance, use the recommended material types on each of the mats: Cardstock, Pattern Paper, Embossed Cardstock, Iron-on and Vinyl
- Keep the clear film cover on the mat when storing to keep mat free from paper scraps and dust
- Use the scraper to scrape away excess pieces and the spatula to carefully remove cut images
- MINI BUT MIGHTY. — Get high-impact heat-transfer results with Cricut EasyPress Mini — a small, compact heat press for uniquely shaped, extra-small projects with hard-to-reach spaces.
- EFFORTLESS AND ACCURATE — Cycle through 3 heat settings for every iron-on (HTV), Infusible Ink and sublimation project. A comfortable hand and precision tip offer supreme control and accuracy.
- COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT and EASY TO STORE — Paired with an insulated safety base and auto-off feature, Cricut EasyPress Mini stores easily almost anywhere.
- INCREDIBLY VERSATILE — Works with major brands of HTV or iron-on materials, perfect companion for Cricut smart cutting machines, ideal for sewing and quilting projects
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS — Cricut products conform with applicable product standards like UL, CSA, FCC, or IEC standards. Cricut products are also listed or certified Nationally Recognized Testing Labs (NRTLs) such as TUV and Intertek.
Last update on 2024-02-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API