If you're looking to sculpt and / or make a Cosplay prop then expanding foam is a good choice because it's so versatile and allows a you to create a lot of fantastic looking items at low cost.
It can easily be moulded or sculpted into the shapes you want and is really strong but also flexible.
It's typically used in home building to fill cracks and for insulating but can double up to be used in sculpting and prop making too making it a popular choice with Cosplayers.
So, here's the 3 best options for expanding foams perfect for sculpting and creating Cosplay props...
Top Expanding Foam Options For Sculpting
- EXPANDS TO FILL: Loctite TITE FOAM Gaps & Cracks fills, seals, and insulates effectively around gaps and cracks up to 1 inches in size
- SUPERIOR FLEXIBILITY: Withstands building and material movement without compromising its seal
- STRONG ADHESION: Sealant bonds to most building materials like wood, concrete, brick, stone, metal, pvc, and more
- UV RESISTANCE: Withstands harsh UV rays for long lasting results
- STRAW APPLICATOR: For application simply use the attached straw applicator for a quick solution
- THE GAP AND CRACK ATTACKER! According to the US DoE, the average US home has a 1/2 mile of gaps and cracks. Air leaks account for 25-40% of the energy used for heating and cooling a typical home, resulting in higher utility bills. Fill the gaps and crack down on energy loss with GREAT STUFF PRO GAPS AND CRACKS INSULATING FOAM SEALANT!
- CLOSE THE GAP! Great Stuff Pro Gaps and Cracks is a gun-applied, expanding spray foam sealant for use all around the home. It is recognized as a fireblock sealant and is orange colored for easy recognition. The sealant is ideal for gaps and penetration up to 3" (75mm), expanding to form an airtight, water-resistant seal adhering to wood, metal, masonry, glass, and most plastics.
- EASY TO USE! Pop the top off of the can, screw on the can onto the gun, open the gun's valve and you are good to go! If the can is not finished after the job is done, leave it on the can and close the valve until the next use. When it comes to the cleaner, however, remove the can from the gun after usage.
- AWESOME VALUE KIT! Includes: 12 Cans of Great Stuff Pro Gaps and Cracks 30oz, 1 AWF 1000 Standard Pro Foam Gun, 2 Cans of Great Stuff Pro Cleaner 12oz.
- GUARANTEED QUALITY! Not satisfied with the product? No worries, as we will offer you a full refund. Click the "Add to Cart" button now and fill those gaps and cracks!
- Can be sanded, painted or stained
- Use for large gaps
- Solvent clean up
Features To Look For In Expanding Foam For Sculpting
- Expands to fill.
- Flexible but strong.
- Strong adhesion.
- UV Resistant.
Can You Carve Expanding Foam For Sculpting?
Yes, but instead of trying to carve a large piece of expanding foam instead spray the expanding foam over an existing cardboard template that's the size you want it then carve it down.
It saves you wasting foam and makes your life easier.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API