When you are doing a little bit of DIY on your home, then you’ll want to make sure that you have the right tools for the job.
The same goes if you are working on cutting the baseboards and trim for your living room, kitchen or bedroom.
This job will always be one that requires accuracy and attention to detail.
You’ll have to measure the exact dimensions of your room and make sure that the baseboards match exactly with that length.
If you cut your wood too short, then it might lead you to waste the whole length.
So what kinds of saw can you get to perform this job to the standard that you’ll need?
How much will one of these powerful saws cost you?
What are the features that make up a premium level saw?
Well, if you want the answer to this particular DIY issue, then you should keep reading.
List Of Best Saws For Cutting Baseboards
OUR TOP PICK
Choose this saw for cutting baseboards if you want a heavy duty but portable saw, with a lot of power and accuracy, that will stand the test of time.
This first saw is one of the most heavy-duty drive table saws that you can find on the market.
It can perform the most powerful cuts with ease and complete accuracy.
This comes with a circular handheld saw that will cut through a whole host of different materials, whether it be softwood, hardwood or even plastic.
This saw is very portable, allowing you to carry it from one job to another.
If you are a carpenter working in various properties, then we would certainly recommend that you take this saw with you.
This is a very reliable device that you can be sure will stand the test of time.
This will give you fine and accurate cuts on laminate flooring without fraying the edges.
This comes with a rack and pinion system that will allow you to lock your wood into place so you can conform to the specific measurements of your living or dining room.
This is great to use for professionals and amateurs.
If you are just starting out cutting wood for your DIY project, then this power saw is easy to use as long as you consult the manual.
- Good price point - if you are wanting to get a decent circular wood saw without having to spend that much money, then we would recommend this one.
- Compact - this is a very small unit that will allow you to transport it around the building site, if that’s where you are working.
- Precise adjustments - this is great if you are looking to cut angular shapes into your wood with optimum precision.
- Rack and pinion - this comes with a great system that you can be sure will lock the wood into place and give you great control over your project.
- Expensive for some - despite it being cheaper than a lot of other units, this might still be too expensive in general for someone who wants to do basic woodworking.
Choose this saw for cutting baseboards if you want a very precise cut, that works on materials other than just wood, is quiet, and will stand the test of time.
This next circular saw comes with a stand that you can use for even more precise cutting.
This is a great saw for working with both laminate woods and other materials.
This comes with plenty of features that will make your sawing job just that little bit easier, including the dust collection system that will remove all excess dust from the area that you’re sawing.
This is a very quiet-running circular saw, which makes it a great unit if you have neighbors living on either side of you.
This comes with an infeed and outfeed that are entirely adjustable up to 8-inches. This will allow you to work with thicker cuts of wood.
This comes with a rubber grip that will allow you to handle the saw smoothly, which is essential for getting this high level of precision cutting.
The saw stand comes with adjustable rails, which means that you can use it with practically any brand of compound miter saw.
The Dewalt is a great overall saw that you can use for many different types of jobs, whether easy or hard.
A lot of carpenters use this saw and praise its reliability.
- Comes with a wheeled stand - because this saw is very heavy, then you’ll have to make sure that you have enough help with this stand.
- Durable machine - this will last you years if taken care of properly. You simply won’t have to shop for another circular saw for a long time.
- Adjustable elements - you can adjust a lot of this machine to conform to whatever wood that you happen to be cutting. This is great for heavy-duty precision sawing.
- Decent grip - this comes with a sturdy handle that will allow you to lower the saw gently, giving you optimum control over your sawing.
- Heavy - this might be slightly too heavy to carry without the stand. It might also be different to wheel around on the building site with uneven terrain.
Choose this saw for cutting baseboards if you want an affordable saw, is easy to use with it's one hand guide, is light and comes complete with a dust blower for easy clean up.
With this next saw, you’ll be able to have enough handheld components that will allow you to slice through any thickness of wood.
This one is probably one of the best-priced handsaws that you can get on the market.
It comes with a flat stainless steel plate that will allow you to get flush to the wood for that pristine cut.
This only requires a one-hand guide, which has a soft grip that will allow you to guide the wood in softly and easily.
This comes with a dust extraction adapter, which is really good for removing a lot of the excess chaff from your wood.
This will increase visibility and make sure that you do not cut at the wrong angle.
This is one of the lighter saws that we have on this list too.
You can easily wield it from one job to another, allowing you to cut more wood over the space of an hour than other saws.
- Dust blower - if you are looking to increase the visibility when you are cutting, then the dust extractor will do that job quickly and efficiently.
- Great for laminate cutting - this is great if you are wanting to slice through this finished wood without leaving any jagged edges.
- Great handling - when it comes to getting the right cut, control will be very important. Luckily this lightweight unit comes with a comfortable and sturdy handle.
- Metal plate - this plate will allow you to plunge your blade into thicker cuts of wood, which is great for heftier DIY jobs.
- Too free-handed - if you are looking for that extra stability of a rail or locking mechanism, then this might not be the circular saw for you.
This next hand saw is great if you are going to be cutting around pipes, corners and other non-removable furniture in your home.
This comes with a guide plate that will help you navigate these obstacles.
The Jig Saw comes with smooth curve technology that will allow you to get around corners, which can be important as not all living rooms are straight from corner to corner.
This tool is designed to give you beveled cuts, which is great if you are a perfectionist and you want that cut that is accurate to within the inch.
This also comes with a wire guide that will help you retain a clear line of sight.
This comes with a feature that will allow you to change your blade.
This is great, as it will allow you to change the blade without having to go to the trouble of replacing the whole saw.
This comes with a powerful motor that will allow you to slice through any style of wood.
This will also be able to get through other materials like plastic, thin metal and tile.
You can adjust the shoe of this saw so that you can have more accurate cuts.
This is very important if you are looking for that extra degree of precision.
- Plenty of adjustable elements - this will allow you to get exactly the type of cutting that you want for your wood.
- Can get around corners - if you are looking for a saw that will help you negotiate the hard-to-reach corners of your room, then this is the one for you.
- Powerful motor - this one will not let you down in a tricky situation. It comes with a long cord that will allow you to get from one corner to another.
- Work well on laminate flooring - if you are looking for something that will give you a clean cut without the jagged edges, then this is the one for you.
- Not enough stability - with this free-hand saw, you might have trouble cutting in a direct straight line.
This next saw is probably the cheapest you can get on this list, which makes it the perfect choice for those novice wood-cutters who want something that they can get to grips with.
This comes with adjustable bevel cutting that you can adjust for many different types of material, including hardwood, plastic, metal and tile.
This comes with 6-speed control, which will control the level of the cuts as well as reduce the amount of fraying that often happens with high-speed saws on laminate wood.
This comes with a great ergonomic handle that will give you a comfortable grip that will allow you to saw much better for a longer period of time.
If you want something that will give you a large degree of accuracy and precision over the measurements, then you won’t go far wrong with this one.
It comes with laser-guided sights and a scale ruler to help you with completely straight cutting.
This comes with a powerful motor that will be able to cut through a lot more wood densities.
If you are cutting thin sheets of metal, then this is also a great device to have.
- 6-speed variations - if you are looking to cut lots of wood faster, then crank this one up to the highest setting. However, if you want an accurate cut, then we would recommend something slower.
- Laser guide - if you want to make sure that your cutting matches your measurements, then we would recommend using this laser-guided sight.
- Adjustable shoe - if you want to have a shoe that will give you straight cuts, then you’ll definitely want to invest in this one.
- Great price - if you are looking for something that is well within your budget, then this unit is quite frankly a steal.
- Another free-hand unit - does not offer you the stability that some of the units with a locking device can offer you.
This final circular saw is simply amazing when it comes to price point and versatility.
It comes with a dust exhaust pipe that will enhance your visibility when sawing, as well as a 6-speed setting from a copper motor.
This particular saw comes with plenty of accessories that will allow you to precisely measure your cutting.
This comes with a scale ruler, a replaceable blade and a rip fence.
This comes with an LED light, which will help you to cut when you are operating in low light conditions.
It also comes with a bracket that will help you get your saw perfectly lined up.
This comes with a comfortable smooth handle with finger holds.
It is also operated with a soft trigger that will allow you to control the velocity and direction of your saw.
This comes with a locking mechanism which means that when the saw is not in your, you can be sure nobody will be able to turn it on.
This will be a great feature if you are working in a house with children or pets.
- Trigger activation - when it comes to keeping your eye on the job, having a soft trigger feature will be perfect for your needs.
- Comfortable handle - the grip is one of the other most important attributes of your saw. It allows you to cut through the wood with greater precision.
- Laser guide - this will improve the angles of your cutting, which is very important for getting certain awkward angles to fit.
- Short cord - if you want something that will be able to transfer from one room to another without unplugging, then you might want to invest in a battery pack model.
Now that we’ve established what the best circular saws are for cutting baseboards, we’ll need to have a look at some of the general features that all saws should have to give you the precise cut that you’ll need:
Does It Have Laser Guidance?
This will be very important for some of the free-hand models.
This is because, in the absence of a locking mechanism, you might have trouble holding the wood and getting the right cut at the same time, which could be difficult.
How Portable Is It?
If you are a professional carpenter or builder, then you might want something that you can take from one area to another.
If this is the case, then having a lighter unit will be very important.
This will reduce fatigue on your arms and allow you to cut for longer.
Also, if you have a lightweight unit, then you’ll be able to work on multiple jobs in multiple areas a lot quicker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is A Saw Good For Cutting Baseboards?
Cutting baseboards with a saw gives you a greater degree of accuracy and precision that you would not get from a normal saw, where you will have to measure the length of your cutting by sight alone.
It is important to cut baseboards to their specific measurement, as you’ll need to match the length of the baseboard to the length of your wall.
Make sure that you have the right angle for the corners too.
How Can I Cut Baseboards Accurately?
You should make an accurate measurement of the length of the area where you want to put the baseboard first.
You’ll then need to mark it on your wood and then use an accurate circular saw to lock them into place and saw them off into strips.
Should I Buy A Wireless Baseboard Cutter Or One With A Cord?
Generally, a wireless unit will offer you less power over a long period of time, but it will give you the freedom to cover a wider area, which is sometimes necessary for larger jobs.
However, if you generally want more power, then we would recommend that you get one with a cord, even if it will restrict your movements.
What Saw Is Best For Cutting Baseboard?
If you are a perfectionist when it comes to getting your baseboards at exactly the right measurement, we would recommend the...
As it comes with accuracy, precision and a very easy trigger operation.
However, if you want to control the speed and accuracy of your cutting...
...then the GoGonova 6 Variable Speeds Jigsaw would probably be more suited to your needs.
If you're looking for an all round, overall good, saw for cutting baseboard here's my top pick...
Last update on 2022-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API