The process of cutting, trimming, and installing baseboards requires a handheld tool, for a clean finish.
Preferably, a powered tool such as a saw can be used for cutting baseboards, since it delivers the most efficient results.
Miter saws are the most popular tools used to cut baseboards. Miter saws are greatly sought after because they have high precision, they cut clean, and barely have any blowout grain.
Additionally, their angle positions are flexible and automatically lock at the most regularly used angles.
While using them, just like any other gadget, caution should be exercised.
With this, there is a guarantee that the miter saw will do an efficient job, therefore yielding high productivity.
Even this being the case, there is still a wide variety of miter saws to choose from, and settling for a specific one may tire you out.
On account of this, I will narrow down to my top three saws for cutting baseboards.
1) Dewalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Blade length in inches: 12
- Dimensions: 21*17*17
- Volts: 110
- Speed in RPM: 3800
- Power source: Corded electricity
Its plate is made of a stainless-steel material, with up to ten stops on the blade.
This saw has an accurate miter structure and a refined bottom fence sustenance.
The saw has a bevel of 0 to 48 degrees, both left and right. Its warranty is up to three years.
- The saw has a productive dust collection structure that traps up to 75% of the produced dust.
- This saw is versatile and can therefore be used for multiple functions.
- It is long-lasting because it is well-made and tough.
- This saw is heavy.
2) Metabo Compound Miter Saw
- Blade length in inches: 10
- Dimensions: 20.4*15.4*14.4
- Volts: 120
- Speed in RPM: 5000
- Power source: Electric powered
It has a horizontal handle and a cutting angle of 52 degrees to the left and the right.
The bevel range of this saw is 0-45 degrees towards the left, with flexible stops for accurate cuts.
From the manufacturer, the saw has a warranty of five years.
- It is light, weighing just above 24 pounds
- There are thumb-enabled stops for fast adjustments of the miter.
- This saw can only perform a few functions.
3) Delta 10” Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Blade length in inches: 10
- Dimensions: 22.5*29.5*20
- Volts: 120
- Speed in RPM: 4000
- Power source: AC
It has a dual bevel of 45 degrees to the left and the right too.
Its positive stops are seven, all falling at the most frequently used angles.
This saw has a warranty of five years.
- This saw has a single-hand miter control and also a push-button detent. This allows for quick movement.
- It is large and quite difficult to maneuver. Therefore, it only allows for minimal portability.
- 10" Compound Miter Saw
- MOTOR: 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest of cuts generating a no-load speed of up to 5,000 RPM
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 24.2 lbs. to facilitate maneuverability and portability
- MITER ANGLE RANGE: 0-52 degrees, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- BEVEL RANGE: 0-45 degrees, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- PRECISE MEASUREMENT - This miter saw protractor angle finder is specifically designed to ensure a correct and precise miter angle finder with no effort. The miter saw protractor could provide you the exact angle you need (inside or outside corners) to make your perfect trim for crown molding tool, baseboard molding and more
- FRIENDLY DESIGN - LUVRD professional miter saw protractor is not only an excellent replacement for 505p-7 miter saw protractor angle finder corner crown molding tool, but also a measuring rule in inches for construction
- SUPERIOR QUALITY AND DURABILITY - This trig crown molding jig angle finder is durable and stronger than other pvc plastic miter angle gauge because it is made of high-quality ABS. Moreover, The miter saw protractor is resistant to scratch for daily use
- EASY TO USE - Owing to the adjustable and collapsible design, not only is this miter saw protractor angle finder easy to use, but also convenient to carry or store and feature a one-handed operation with a unique tightening mechanism
- UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY - LUVRD focuses on construction accessories, and we stand by our carpenter protractor, brings better alternatives for you in the miter saw protractor for woodworking. Welcome to find us with any product-related queries on buyer message
- This dovetail saw uses a spring-loaded, reversible blade that can be used for left- or right-cutting
- The ProTouch handle on each jamb saw provides ergonomic comfort
- A Wide-Body Flush-Cut blade on this dovetail saw measures 50 mm
- 14-pt. tooth count
- 10" blade length and 2" blade thickness
- High-speed steel coping saw blades cut through most materials with ease
- A Flat-Bar frame and DuraSteel pins on this coping saw provide durable use
- This coping saw has an ergonomic ProTouch handle to give added comfort
- 17-pt. tooth count
- 5-1/2" frame depth and 6-1/2" blade length
- The arm can be rotated 360 degrees
- Constructed from durable engineered plastic ABS
- This miter saw protractor is laser engraved dial for accuracy
- Direct read from the work to your miter saw with two easy to read scales
- It's ideal for carpenters, plumbers, and all building trades that require the measuring and transferring of angles
What’s The Best Saw For Cutting Baseboards?
Even though all the three miter saws explained above bear varying features, they are specially designed and manufactured for effective functionality.
Each has a distinctive factor that gives it an edge above the rest.
However, of the three, the Dewalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw qualifies as the best.
It has exemplary performance, with the right balance of elements such as size, speed, and voltage.
Last update on 2021-08-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API